• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Where the Fuck Am I Gonna Move?

phillyb

15 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This is like every episode of house hunters where the person has an impossible and contradictory list of demands lol

"Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm a part-time dog walker."

"I'm Becca, Chris' wife. I sell toe nail clippings on Etsy!"

"Our budget is $1.9 million."

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 4

1 hour ago, Phil said:

"Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm a part-time dog walker."

"I'm Becca, Chris' wife. I sell toe nail clippings on Etsy!"

"Our budget is $1.9 million."

"And we need to be a 30 mins bike ride from both the coast and skiing".

• LMFAO 1

21 hours ago, Keirik said:

Honestly, if anywhere is an option, then why within the US? There is an entire world of great places to live. 

Immigrating isn't easy, depending on where you go. With that being said, I think you literally just need 20k to get into Portugal lol

Time zones. My work. Most of my clients are east coast and I have to talk to them. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

How about parts of Jersey? Plenty of nice areas. Puts you a rocks throw from Manhattan. Plenty of lakes... 

Where? Jersey's always been a passthrough state to me. 

1 hour ago, phillyb said:

Immigrating isn't easy, depending on where you go. With that being said, I think you literally just need 20k to get into Portugal lol

Time zones. My work. Most of my clients are east coast and I have to talk to them. 

Where? Jersey's always been a passthrough state to me. 

I just know it totally changed my life and outlook on everything to experience that and how a completely different culture and language changed a lot in my life. 

You seem like in tje perfect opportunity to do it while most people have things that tie them down, whether children, family, etc that make a move impossible. 

If it's something you could possibly do, I'd seriously look into it even if it's just like London, or Scotland, or Ireland. 

Personally I'd do Japan if I were you but thats just me. You'd never be the same and you'd literally have thr chance to do something most only dream of.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Keirik said:

I just know it totally changed my life and outlook on everything to experience that and how a completely different culture and language changed a lot in my life. 

You seem like in tje perfect opportunity to do it while most people have things that tie them down, whether children, family, etc that make a move impossible. 

If it's something you could possibly do, I'd seriously look into it even if it's just like London, or Scotland, or Ireland. 

Personally I'd do Japan if I were you but thats just me. You'd never be the same and you'd literally have thr chance to do something most only dream of.  

This.

Get out of the US and see the world. I wouldn't go to Scotland or Ireland tho, that's boring. I'd go more south in Europe (Switzerland if you're rich, Croatia is amazing, some great places in France and Italy, Portugal is nice and have legal weed), but if I had the chance to move anywhere in the world right now I'd go for Asia. Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, maybe even Vietnam or South Korea.

• The Chyt! 1

I went to SUNY Albany for one semester. It was whatever lol. 

I talked to my lender here in Chicago yesterday. I can't afford shit, but he shifted my focus to the possibility of doing an investment property and living in one of the units. I might end up staying in Chicago for the meantime. 

-------------------

On the topic of moving out of the US - that's an eventual goal, I just can't time it right now with my job. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phillyb said:

I went to SUNY Albany for one semester. It was whatever lol. 

I talked to my lender here in Chicago yesterday. I can't afford shit, but he shifted my focus to the possibility of doing an investment property and living in one of the units. I might end up staying in Chicago for the meantime. 

-------------------

On the topic of moving out of the US - that's an eventual goal, I just can't time it right now with my job. 

I went and stayed. I shit on Albany a lot but it's actually a pretty nice place to live. Affordable, several minor league/college sports locally to go to, close to saratoga which is a fun city, got the adirondacks/berkshires all nearby if that's your thing. More than its fair share of good restaurants, easy enough to get around. The downtown has never really made a true comeback since covid but there's still fun to be had. Troy is actually the cooler hip downtown area nowadays.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Al's beef is the best fucking thing in this godforsaken city. The closest one to me closed down pre-pandemic. The one I go to now isn't far, but it's not in my neighborhood. 

@SaveByRichter35

I want to come to Chicago just for that damn sandwich.  Ever since I saw it on DDD or Man Vs Food I have wanted it.  I am trying to get a local sandwich shop to add that sandwich to their already loaded menu.