• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Where the Fuck Am I Gonna Move?

phillyb

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

been trying to buy a new house for two years now.  Prices are thru the roof.  30-40% higher than 3-4 years ago in my town. 

When I moved to Chicago in 2015, my 1br condo was 127,500. Real estate here is cheap, taxes are not. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 9:34 PM, phillyb said:

I close tomorrow. I'm fucking beat. I slept through periods 1 and 2 of game 6 cause I was packing all of Friday, all of Friday night and movers came Saturday. Movers left at like 3pm and I passed the fuckkkkkkk out. 

There have been so many hurdles that have come up along the way of this purchase and the most recent was not being clear to close until Friday. First the condo didn't appraise at value, it actually appraised 45k under value, which...is...just...fuck off. It's worth the price we agreed on, but my neighborhood is weird: half a mile one way is not desirable, everything to going to the other side is very desirable. The comparable units on the appraisal were all over the place - 210k, 140k, 200k, 167k, etc. and it ended up being appraised at 155k...

Fuck. Off. 

The bank ordered another appraisal but this was only last week and May 1st has been my close date for about 4-5 weeks, so we're really up against the clock here. Thankfully the second appraisal came back at value and here's how that convo went: 

"Great news, phillyb™ - it appraised at value, but I have some bad news..."

Of course you do...

"There are enough units delinquent in their HOA fees that we need more money down"

Of course you do...

I don't want to get into the details, I'm just agreeing to things left and right lol. 

Movers were here yesterday and took all my shit from my house onto their truck. It comes to my new place on Tuesday. 

Buyers did walkthrough this evening - excellent. We're good. 

Junk hauled away this evening. 

Sleeping on an air mattress with my gf, three cats, and dog this evening. 

Need to move to Chicago lol.

I'm here banging my head against the wall trying to find a non shoebox 2br for around 1.2

36 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Need to move to Chicago lol.

I'm here banging my head against the wall trying to find a non shoebox 2br for around 1.2

There's no bang for buck in the city.

Edited by Pete