• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Where the Fuck Am I Gonna Move?

phillyb

44 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I want to come to Chicago just for that damn sandwich.  Ever since I saw it on DDD or Man Vs Food I have wanted it.  I am trying to get a local sandwich shop to add that sandwich to their already loaded menu.

It's so fucking good. Chicago pizza - terrible. Chicago dog? You guys like hot dogs that much? Cause nah, miss me with that bullshit. Al's? HoOoO0oO0oly fuck yes, gimme that shit. Inject that shit into my veins. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phillyb said:

It's so fucking good. Chicago pizza - terrible. Chicago dog? You guys like hot dogs that much? Cause nah, miss me with that bullshit. Al's? HoOoO0oO0oly fuck yes, gimme that shit. Inject that shit into my veins. 

Ugh.  Dammit.  I want it so bad.  My sister in law is currently in Chicago and I am begging her to bring one home for me but she won't.  Bitch.

23 hours ago, phillyb said:

Where? Jersey's always been a passthrough state to me. 

If you're all about that not needing a car for everything.  Jersey City. But there's also Morristown,  Union city, parts of Newark, Hackensack,  Hoboken, Montclair, Fort Lee and all that. 

But there's more rural places that are mad nice. Princeton,  Ridgewood, the Caldwells, Mountain Lakes, some of South Plainfield..  Heck some of Rockaway is nice.. This is all just by me judging parts of where I have worked over the past 3-4 years in Jersey. 

Move to west Islip money bags 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Phil said:

Yup. Went to high school with him, and college for my first year. Still a good friend to this day. Isles fan, though.

Yeah, scum of the earth, but knows how to fuckin chef lol. I haven't had any of the coffee - is it good?

I went to Teller's back in the day on the Island. I wonder if I still have the pictures somewhere. He catered to me, my ex, my mom, and one of my friends and made us like...a 5 course meal. It was fucking awesome. 

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

If you're all about that not needing a car for everything.  Jersey City. But there's also Morristown,  Union city, parts of Newark, Hackensack,  Hoboken, Montclair, Fort Lee and all that. 

But there's more rural places that are mad nice. Princeton,  Ridgewood, the Caldwells, Mountain Lakes, some of South Plainfield..  Heck some of Rockaway is nice.. This is all just by me judging parts of where I have worked over the past 3-4 years in Jersey. 

Move to west Islip money bags 

I have a friend who lived in Jersey City, lemme talk to him. Good idea. 

Edited by phillyb

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2023 at 12:10 PM, phillyb said:

I'd love to move to Canada, but that isn't happening right now. I must sell my house in Chicago and I need to figure out where I'm gonna move within the US. 

Requirements: 

• Legal weed
  • Not car-centric: I really don't want to have to get in my car to do any and everything. I have three grocery stores within walking distance and two 24 hour stores to get shit if I'm in a bind. My bank, Target, and like 30 restaurants are all within walking distance from my current house as well. 
  • House or townhouse. I can be convinced to live in a condo if a lot of other boxes are checked, but looking mostly for "space"
  • Space: I need a yard and other outdoor space. I require indoor space for my music shit too (stereo, guitars, amps, etc.)
  • Near water: Somewhat of an odd-ball requirement, but I find water calming and I like to be around it - rivers, lakes, ponds, cabin in the forest on water. 
  • It's Sunday at 11pm and I need toilet paper, ice cream, and a lighter - where can I go?
  • IL/Chicago has been ramming me hard in the ass regarding taxes so it'd be nice to take a break from getting rammed in the fucking ass on this topic. 
  • Diversity: Different walks of life, people, food options, etc. 

Places that have crossed my desk as options: 

• The Virginia Beach area: I have no idea why I keep looking at these towns because I don't think they're walkable, but I might be wrong. I haven't visited. 
  • Vermont. Whether Burlington, Middlebury, Brattleboro, St. Albans, or anything in between, Vermont is always on my radar, though it doesn't really offer me diversity. Vermont is white as fuck and I'm not just talking about the snow. 
  • Colorado is always on my radar, but I don't know anything about the areas, I've never been. School me. 
  • DC: Feel like DC falls under the "it can be nice, but it can also be a shithole" category and I already live in this category. That might be enough to stay away. 
  • NY: I'd move back to NY in a heartbeat, but I don't want to live in fucking Poughkeepsie. That comment is more of my ignorance of options as opposed to a shot at Poughkeepsie lol. 
  • OR/WA: Idk, for some reason, I haven't ever seriously considered the PNW, but I think it might be time. 
  • No legal weed: Delaware, Philly, Nashville, NC.

Where is weed legal at a recreational level? AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, IL, ME, MD, MA, MI, MO, MT (really? fucking montana?), NV, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, VT, WA. 

Hey what's wrong with Poughkeepsie,I make money there.

• 3 weeks later...

House officially under contract. Put in an offer on a new condo, which I fucking love, but the seller hasn't responded and now I'm freaking the fuck out. 

I have to move in a month and idk where the fuck I'm gonna go hahaha. My car isn't big enough for me, my gf, and my animals. 

FUCKKKK