• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

This Is Their Moment

Pete

"This is their moment" sounds like a paraphrase of the Herbs Brooks Miracle on Ice send off, an event that is sanctified and cannot be compared or invoked in connection with a excellent and possibly inspirational Game 43 NHL regular season win.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

I know I know but he will. He's not meshing too great with bread specifi ally but he's still having a great year. The points are there, the shots are there, he's fantastic. In faceoffs, and he does get under thr akin of opponents. Another nearly 40 games to all get comfy anyway. 

• Keeps it 100 1

12 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I know I know but he will. He's not meshing too great with bread specifi ally but he's still having a great year. The points are there, the shots are there, he's fantastic. In faceoffs, and he does get under thr akin of opponents. Another nearly 40 games to all get comfy anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

He's grown on me too.  I feeling a lot of "playoff" player in Trocheck.  He's a pain in the ass and he's tough.  The faceoff winning is something not to be discounted either.

I don't dislike the player, he's fine. He just seems to be doing his own thing and his linemates are like

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

• LOL 1

I'm going to go with the comeback win against the 'Canes.  That's when I first thought this team might do some real damage in the playoffs.  That kind of capped a month of very good hockey and it came against the top dog in the division.

8 hours ago, Pete said:

I don't dislike the player, he's fine. He just seems to be doing his own thing and his linemates are like

Nah I hear ya Pete....I think he's a player more suited for the playoffs.  I'm trying to be positive with him...He hasn't really meshed with Panarin, but I think he's actually going to be a player that more grindy for the stretch run...We shall see my man!!!

5 hours ago, CCCP said:

You hate him cause he’s not Strome. We can not take you seriously when you shit on Trochek. 

"We" means "you" and I don't care if you take me seriously LOL. 

Thus far... And this may change, but it may not... 

• He's a good player with not a ton of chemistry with his linemates.
  • He doesn't make anyone around him better.
  • The team hasn't been better.
  • The PP hasn't been better.
  • He's signed for longer, for more AAV, and players his size who play his style often drop off a cliff after 30.
  • He can't hit the net either. 
  • Panarin's on pace for his lowest p/g as a Ranger and his the best seasons of his career with Strome. 

Which of those bullets are wrong? Don't answer. None of them are wrong. 

For someone who was supposed to be a "clear upgrade", there's only one place there's a marked difference. It's a lot of money for faceoffs. 

Reality is they should have let Strome walk and let Chytil slide up. They're SO lucky Lafreniere sucks or they'd be having real trouble resigning Chytil Miller and Lafreniere because they added a 2C they didn't "need" instead of a much less expensive 3C option. 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Would like to see Panarin and Zib be more forceful 5x5. These guys are both world class offensive talents. If you look around the NHL, teams' stars carry them. Has not been the case here much this season. Last few games in fact, defensemen are doing the scoring; suspect that's simply a quirk of the schedule and will even out over time. If NYR are gonna have a run, these guys have to do more. Both still have decent point totals, simply need some more. 

2 things I would prefer to see much less of; Zib taking that hard slapper from the left side on the PP which usually misses the net. Teams and goalies have seen it. Someone in a game thread mentioned announcer for another team saying goalie had no problem sliding over to his right because they didn't fear any other Ranger taking a shot and was ready to slide to his right expecting  to face that Zib shot. Better to take a quick accurate shot and if it doesn't go in, hope somebody gets a rebound. And Panarin stop making senseless cross ice passes that have almost zero chance for success, and sometimes done when he has a shot opportunity. 

Edited by Bugg

15 hours ago, Pete said:

Right? Like he's just now coming from another team and playing a completely different style/mindset. Yet, it's game 43. 

The more time he's here, I see him more as a 3rd liner. His grit,  his desire to fire off random shots from wherever, how he likes to get to the net.. I know he's had success everywhere he's been and should be considered a 2nd liner as a consistent 50 ish point guy. But he seems to be more energy and grit than he is an offensive weapon. 

And I really like him. But it might be time to push Chytil up the lineup and Trochek down to 3rd line.  In a year or 2, 5.6  for a 3rd line center isn't going to look terrible. Especially if he's playing with Othmann  or Lafreniere (preferably Othmann). It could make them a very deep team. Chytil just needs to be the real deal. Having Trochek as insurance isn't the worst thing. 

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Right? Like he's just now coming from another team and playing a completely different style/mindset. Yet, it's game 43. 

The more time he's here, I see him more as a 3rd liner. His grit,  his desire to fire off random shots from wherever, how he likes to get to the net.. I know he's had success everywhere he's been and should be considered a 2nd liner as a consistent 50 ish point guy. But he seems to be more energy and grit than he is an offensive weapon. 

And I really like him. But it might be time to push Chytil up the lineup and Trochek down to 3rd line.  In a year or 2, 5.6  for a 3rd line center isn't going to look terrible. Especially if he's playing with Othmann  or Lafreniere (preferably Othmann). It could make them a very deep team. Chytil just needs to be the real deal. Having Trochek as insurance isn't the worst thing. 

I think Tro is a guy who'll get his 50 points no matter who he's playing with because the 2nd and 3rd line get pretty much the same time at ES and he'll get his PP time.

But Chytil and Panarin will benefit much more from ES time together. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think Tro is a guy who'll get his 50 points no matter who he's playing with because the 2nd and 3rd line get pretty much the same time at ES and he'll get his PP time.

But Chytil and Panarin will benefit much more from ES time together. 

Panarin-Chytil-Kane......🤩

Didn’t trochek score a ton of goals around the net with the canes ? I seem to remember him getting a bunch of dirty goals like that,almost feel he should be on second PP Unit.

I would love chytil in his place on first PP unit cause he has a great shot.

6 hours ago, Pete said:

"We" means "you" and I don't care if you take me seriously LOL. 

Thus far... And this may change, but it may not... 

• He's a good player with not a ton of chemistry with his linemates.
  • He doesn't make anyone around him better.
  • The team hasn't been better.
  • The PP hasn't been better.
  • He's signed for longer, for more AAV, and players his size who play his style often drop off a cliff after 30.
  • He can't hit the net either. 
  • Panarin's on pace for his lowest p/g as a Ranger and his the best seasons of his career with Strome. 

Which of those bullets are wrong? Don't answer. None of them are wrong. 

For someone who was supposed to be a "clear upgrade", there's only one place there's a marked difference. It's a lot of money for faceoffs. 

Reality is they should have let Strome walk and let Chytil slide up. They're SO lucky Lafreniere sucks or they'd be having real trouble resigning Chytil Miller and Lafreniere because they added a 2C they didn't "need" instead of a much less expensive 3C option. 

It's 100% all of this, to a tee. The fact is, rightly or wrongly, they didn't have faith in Chytil and made a costly decision to give seven years to a guy who might be a luxury they can't afford as early as a year from now.

• Keeps it 100 2

Just throwing it out there. Hasn't Trochek played wing? I mean. There's an opening in the top 6 on the right. 

Maybe they can move Chytil up and keep Trochek on the RW? Which changes focus on deadline moves possibly to 3C?  Toews? Just incase Chytil falters as 2 C or gets injured.  Another C and some shuffling around of what already here may be a smarter 4D move. Chytil has a history of being i(n a room with Josh's naked mom) soft. They lose one center and they are fucked. I mean,  there's Brodzinski...  and that's it. Carpenter,  Rydahl..

This organization needs to start stock piling right wing and center prospects. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Just throwing it out there. Hasn't Trochek played wing? I mean. There's an opening in the top 6 on the right. 

Maybe they can move Chytil up and keep Trochek on the RW? Which changes focus on deadline moves possibly to 3C?  Toews? Just incase Chytil falters as 2 C or gets injured.  Another C and some shuffling around of what already here may be a smarter 4D move. Chytil has a history of being i(n a room with Josh's naked mom) soft. They lose one center and they are fucked. I mean,  there's Brodzinski...  and that's it. Carpenter,  Rydahl..

This organization needs to start stock piling right wing and center prospects. 

It still keeps ✔️ with 🍞 which is 🤮

Thinking Panarin is gonna be what raises Krav's game as well. 

57 minutes ago, Pete said:

It still keeps ✔️ with 🍞 which is 🤮

Thinking Panarin is gonna be what raises Krav's game as well. 

Right, but you throw Chytils game at center in there to disrupt what ever the issue is with those 2 not clicking. Maybe Trochek changes up his game as a wing? 

Move Trochek up with Zibanejad? Then Kakko is back with Panarin,  which also doesn't seem to work. 

Problem is, there are many avenues that Gallant refuses to try. It's typically the same 4 forwards flip flopping around. 

Paying Trochek 5.6 to be a top 6 wing makes more sense than using him as 3C. BUT, he rounds out the lineup best at 3C. 

45 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

I don't think Chytil is ready on face offs 39 percent ,while Trocheck  is at 56 percent ,we need both of them ,plus Trocheck  has over a 100 hits forechecks  something this team needs 

I agree with Keirik 

Chytil is horrendous in the dot no doubt about it. He needs insulation from it. New Jersey does a great job insulating Jack Hughes who is even worse, and embarrassingly bad for a guy of his skill level. They put Haula on his wing and he takes most of the draws. Goodrow should probably be a staple on Chytil’s line, but Gallant just can’t seem to stop flexing Goody all over the lineup.

Edited by rmc51
  • Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

2 hours ago, lefty9 said:

I don't think Chytil is ready on face offs 39 percent ,while Trocheck  is at 56 percent ,we need both of them ,plus Trocheck  has over a 100 hits forechecks  something this team needs 

I agree with Keirik 

All the more reason to put him with Chytil and Panarin.  Let Trochek take most draws. Now that I think of ot Trochek really plays like a wing. Especially with his need to chuck pucks at the net from everywhere.  

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

Chytil is horrendous in the dot no doubt about it. He needs insulation from it. New Jersey does a great job insulating Jack Hughes who is even worse, and embarrassingly bad for a guy of his skill level. They put Haula on his wing and he takes most of the draws. Goodrow should probably be a staple on Chytil’s line, but Gallant just can’t seem to stop flexing Goody all over the lineup.

Keep Goodrow away from skill players. It's a disaster and he doesn't play the style of play he does when he's put with like minded players. He's at his best as 4C. 

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Right, but you throw Chytils game at center in there to disrupt what ever the issue is with those 2 not clicking. Maybe Trochek changes up his game as a wing? 

Move Trochek up with Zibanejad? Then Kakko is back with Panarin,  which also doesn't seem to work. 

Problem is, there are many avenues that Gallant refuses to try. It's typically the same 4 forwards flip flopping around. 

Paying Trochek 5.6 to be a top 6 wing makes more sense than using him as 3C. BUT, he rounds out the lineup best at 3C. 

I just don't see how the ingredients of Panarin Trochek Kravtsov are any different from Panarin Chytil Trochek. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

I just don't see how the ingredients of Panarin Trochek Kravtsov are any different from Panarin Chytil Trochek. 

Trochek would be on the wing and not be expected to dish to Panarin or Kravtsov. He can concentrate on going to the net without the puck, or let Chytil be a distraction/ retriever of rebounds of Trocheks erratic shooting behavior. Chytil finds himself in great position for such things quite often. Panarin adds that puck dangler/ carrier element that can let these two find open ice in other situations. 

I think Kravtsov can play anywhere right now, but I'm not discounting what you said. Kravtsov definitely seems to be building chemistry with Panarin. But I think that's more or less his confidence rising. Maybe not though.