• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

This Is Their Moment

Pete

... otherwise referred to as the 3M (Marek Malik moment)... That kind of galvanizes a team as they begin their run toward the playoffs.

One year it was Malik in the shootout, one year it was Richards in Arizona with no time left, and one year it was Miller and Fox against Dallas.

Here we goooooooooooooo!

Also could just be this dope edible. 

• LMFAO 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Believe 1

That was a wild fucking win. 

To be where they are now compared to where they were as recently as a little over a month ago speaks volumes to how truly good this team is.

They have done more than enough to warrant management making the required moves to shore things up, strengthen the roster and make a big time push for the Cup.

I know we hate talking about it. It’s like taboo. And it’s only January. But to me, we’re right back to where we were following the first game of the year against Tampa Bay, where the expectations were large. And they should be.

This is a solid group. This is a team that has a core that can most certainly make a legitimate run at winning the Stanley Cup.

• Cheers 1
  • Believe 1

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

That was a wild fucking win. 

To be where they are now compared to where they were as recently as a little over a month ago speaks volumes to how truly good this team is.

They have done more than enough to warrant management making the required moves to shore things up, strengthen the roster and make a big time push for the Cup.

I know we hate talking about it. It’s like taboo. And it’s only January. But to me, we’re right back to where we were following the first game of the year against Tampa Bay, where the expectations were large. And they should be.

This is a solid group. This is a team that has a core that can most certainly make a legitimate run at winning the Stanley Cup.

Something is starting to feel special.

1 hour ago, siddious said:

Trouba… sucks at defense but throws season changing helmets. 

also the weird.

also the team seems to be finally cashing in on some luck. How many posts were hit and sure goals missed the first bunch of games? Those are going in now. 

They have had some good luck luck recently, and some very favorable calls. 

• Like 1

I rewinded the replay of the last 5 minutes of that sequence about 5 times last night!

That shit usually happens against us, NOT for us!!!  In over 50 years of watching this team, I don't ever remember anything like last night!

• Phil changed the title to This Is Their Moment

I can see why someone would want this to be the moment, but the Trouba helmet throw is probably the actual moment. The entire season fundamentally turned around from that moment on. They were 11-9-5 going into that Chicago game and had just one win in six games after it. They immediately went on a seven-game winning streak and have been 13-2-2 since.

• Believe 1

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

Will it be enough to get them to the second round of playoffs?

Personally I believe in this team. I think they learned some valuable lessons last year and the small changes in personnel (Trocheck mainly’ will make a big difference come playoff time. 

• Believe 1