• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trade Ideas

cupalife

Kreider to Boston for Debrusk and Frederick

Kakko to Nashville for Jeanott and Zachary L'Heureux,

Kakko to Min for Greenway

Kravtsov to Arizona for Boko Imana

Panarin to Det for Larkin and Bertuzzi

Kratsov and a sweetener to Vegas for Kolesar

Miller and Kravtsov to Arizona for Chychrun with Arizona eating 50%

Panarin to Florida for Verhaugue Bennet Lundell and Gudas

• LMFAO 1
  • The Chyt! 1

7 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Those are hauls for Panarin given he's "so bad and overpaid".

I also love Panarin for 4 guys from Florida... And then where are we playing those guys? And then how is Florida backfilling 3 empty roster spots up against cap? 

I said this in another thread. And I came up with it out of boredom. And I came up with it before he missed the last few games with a minor injury that he seems to be close to returning from, as he’s been skating with the team the last few days. But away we go.

I was flirting with another idea, because since a shoot first winger that fit in well on the top line last year, I thought about this route:

TO NYR: Mike Hoffman (50% retention)

TO MTL: Sammy Blais and Vitali Kravtsov

That would bring Hoffman to $2.25 as a cap hit for this year and next then UFA. Blais and Kravtsov combine for $2.3 on the cap, so almost a wash. Habs willing to pick up half the tab in exchange for acquiring a young winger with potential whom the GM is familiar with having drafted him. 

Hoffman always shoots. 5 goals in 16 games. We need goals pretty badly.

Just an idea. Especially since we know Gorton likes Kravtsov.

Edited by RichieNextel305

My personal bias against Hoffman is whenever I bet ‘over 2.5 shots’ he never hits. So on the fact alone he’s personally impacted me I’ll pass. 

In a reality for what it does to the team, it’s probably a better impact. We need a Vatrano-like player that can slot on the RW in the top-6 for a minimal cap hit. 

4 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Miller for a stalwart Lindgrenesque D man, not sure who that is though.

I don't think trading Miller is going to be a good move. He's shown us the potential, and having to be both paired with an injured Trouba and relied on for big minutes because GG doesn't trust our third pair isn't helping right now. Don't deal the guy when his value is low.

I'm also of a mind that we need a stalwart D. I keep thinking back to Kevin Klein and wondering who's the 2022 version of Klein that might be gettable right now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Those are hauls for Panarin given he's "so bad and overpaid".

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I also love Panarin for 4 guys from Florida... And then where are we playing those guys? And then how is Florida backfilling 3 empty roster spots up against cap? 

Never said he was bad, that is you putting words in my mouth again.  The Detroit trade is for two guys who are UFA's at the end of the year, so it's actually not a haul.  

The Florida trade is the Rangers taking two bad contracts in Bennet and Gudas.  I put it down because the money works.  Obviously Jones?Robertson/Hajek and Blais/Vesey/ could be in play there as well to fill out their roster.  Florida has struggled as well and Panarin had interest there so that is why I put it down.  Of course you guys pick it apart because that is what you do.  Bitch just to bitch.  How about contribute something and tell us your ideas.  People kept saying give an example of what a trade of Panarin would look like so I answered.  

Both my trades makes sense for both teams if the Rangers are looking to change their identity and ice a deeper roster. Of course the best player in either trade is Panarin (maybe Larkin) 

In dealing with Florida the Ranger take two "bad" contracts but get Gudas and Bennet who are both in your face guys.  They get Verhague who is young scores around 25 to 30 and Lundell who is Kakko buddy and good young centerman.  To be honest the Rangers probably need to give more than Panarin, Kravtsov, and Blais but I'd be willing to see the counter.  Florida on the other hand gets Panarin who I assume everyone loves because he's the best LW in hockey, no?  They get Kravtsov and his potential and Blais to replace some of the grit lost.  Also they ride themselves of Bennet's horrible contract.

The Detroit deal only makes sense if Yzerman thinks he can't sign those guys.  He gets Panarin back for two guys who are gone anyway.  The Rangers get out from the contract and have $11.5M at years end to fix what ails them.  In the short term the Rangers get much better.  

Kreider Zib Kakko

Laf Larkin Chytil

Bertuzzi Trocheck Gauthier

Vesey Goodrow Blais

The last thing the Rangers should be doing in my opinion is trading futures for stop gap guys like a Kevin Klein.  This team doesn't deserve a deal like that.  The team has to show life and some indication that it is capable of winning 4 playoff rounds to trade futures.  In no way should a trade be made unless it's to shake things up with the current roster.  A trade for a Klein type would more than likely add cap too which cannot happen here.  

The biggest problem here isn't even how bad they are playing.  It's that the cap situation basically makes it impossible to make meaningful change without tearing it down some.

31 minutes ago, cupalife said:

Never said he was bad, that is you putting words in my mouth again.  The Detroit trade is for two guys who are UFA's at the end of the year, so it's actually not a haul.  

The Florida trade is the Rangers taking two bad contracts in Bennet and Gudas.  I put it down because the money works.  Obviously Jones?Robertson/Hajek and Blais/Vesey/ could be in play there as well to fill out their roster.  Florida has struggled as well and Panarin had interest there so that is why I put it down.  Of course you guys pick it apart because that is what you do.  Bitch just to bitch.  How about contribute something and tell us your ideas.  People kept saying give an example of what a trade of Panarin would look like so I answered.  

Both my trades makes sense for both teams if the Rangers are looking to change their identity and ice a deeper roster. Of course the best player in either trade is Panarin (maybe Larkin) 

In dealing with Florida the Ranger take two "bad" contracts but get Gudas and Bennet who are both in your face guys.  They get Verhague who is young scores around 25 to 30 and Lundell who is Kakko buddy and good young centerman.  To be honest the Rangers probably need to give more than Panarin, Kravtsov, and Blais but I'd be willing to see the counter.  Florida on the other hand gets Panarin who I assume everyone loves because he's the best LW in hockey, no?  They get Kravtsov and his potential and Blais to replace some of the grit lost.  Also they ride themselves of Bennet's horrible contract.

The Detroit deal only makes sense if Yzerman thinks he can't sign those guys.  He gets Panarin back for two guys who are gone anyway.  The Rangers get out from the contract and have $11.5M at years end to fix what ails them.  In the short term the Rangers get much better.  

Kreider Zib Kakko

Laf Larkin Chytil

Vesey Goodrow Blais

I bitched because it was a trade that made no sense. This is EANHL territory, and I know who you are, Brett.

18 minutes ago, cupalife said:

Kreider Zib Kakko

Laf Larkin Chytil

Vesey Goodrow Blais

The problem with your Panarin-Florida trade is actually very simple: the money might work (it actually doesn't, as Florida can't even take on the rather trivial difference of Panarin's value), but that leaves two huge and obvious problems:

1 - The Rangers would need to expose at least three players to waivers in sending them to the AHL, so the cost is more like Panarin, Gauthier, Carpenter, Jones/Hajek for Verhaeghe, Bennett, Lundell, Gudas. Doubly so since we can safely assume Gauthier gets claimed this time around - as might Hajek.

2 - The Panthers would need to play the rest of the season with 11 forwards and 5 defenders because they're over the cap and in LTIR, so they can't call anyone up. Which they won't, because that doesn't make them better in any way.

So it's DOA either way. 

The problem with any Panarin trade is the same: few if any teams have the cap space to add him, and those that do are either actively trying to lose or can't pay enough.

Unless you want Erik Karlsson.

• Like 1
  • The Chyt! 1

I actually think there's some logical merit to a bunch of these, even if there are cap and logistical complications that aren't really being considered. My suggestion to you @cupalife isn't to lash out, but to refine. Look at what @RichieNextel305 posted in this thread about Hoffman, or the thread I posted recently about Kravtsov for Rossi. You don't need to provide a novel, but it's always better to offer a specific trade idea/proposal than a thread with a laundry list like this.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1