• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trade Ideas

cupalife

15 hours ago, The Dude said:

Awkward Cricket GIF

Annnnnd there goes your credibility. 

No wonder you're disappointed in Panarin.  You expect 50 points from your 4th liners.  So I guess. Panarin needs to put up 200.

11 hours ago, Pete said:

And he's centering their first line with Barkov out.

Calling him a 4th line Center is just fiction. 

He'd play fourth line on the Rangers behind Zib, Trocheck and Chytil.  He's more of a fourth liner than a second line guy.  At best he slots in on the third line which I'm fine with and that is probably a realistic definition of his roster spot.  Regardless on the Rangers he's a fourth liner.

He was traded by the Flames for a 2nd round pick at 24 years old after being constantly scratched and yes demoted to the fourth line when he did dress.  

This is his 9th year in the league.  He's averaged mid 20's in points for those 9 years.  He had a decent year last year.  He's a second line center like Laf is a second line left wing.  

Edited by cupalife

9 minutes ago, cupalife said:

He'd play fourth line on the Rangers behind Zib, Trocheck and Chytil.  He's more of a fourth liner than a second line guy.  At best he slots in on the third line which I'm fine with and that is probably a realistic definition of his roster spot.  Regardless on the Rangers he's a fourth liner.

That doesn't make him a 4th liner, nor should Florida value him as a 4th liner, when he's a highly productive 2nd liner for them.

He was traded by the Flames for a 2nd round pick at 24 years old after being constantly scratched and yes demoted to the fourth line when he did dress.  

That a bigger indictment of the Flames. They under valued and misused him.

Saying he's a second line center is a bigger fiction.  

Well, put it this way...how many other 4th liners played 17 minutes and scored almost 50 points for a top team in their conference?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

He’s had a 53 point/season pace over the last two plus years. 

He's never scored 50 points in a season.  9 years.  He had a good year last year but he had 7 prior that he averaged in the mid 20's in points.  The Flames might have misvalued him but they did draft him 4th overall, so there is that.  

Kreider scored 52 goals last year.  I don't view him as a top goal scorer in the league, do you?  He had a good year, now do it consistently.  Same with Bennett.  I actually do value his game, I view him as a fourth liner on the Rangers roster.   That speaks to who's in front of him here

Edited by cupalife

Regardless here I'm offering them Panarin, who's a star and by far the best player int he trade.  I'm asking for Bennett (a lot because of the contracts) Lundell(probably asking too much to include him), Gudas, and Verhague.  Again the money has to work.  If Bennett is a no go than counter it with something that makes sense with the money.  Of course the Rangers may have to add a Kravtsov and Jones to make it work for them.  Florida was hot for Panarin when we signed him and are struggling now which is why I bring them up

The point of the trade for the Rangers is to become a deeper team.  The Rangers could even put Bennett as their third line center and move Chytil to the wing.  It would actually make the most sense.

Kreider/Mika/Kakko

Laf/Tro/Chytil

Blais/Bennett/Gauthier

Vesey/Goodrow/Cuylie

Edited by cupalife

If taking out Lundell I'd still do it.  Bennett/Gudas/Verhague/pick ($11M total cap) for Panarin/Kravtsov/Jones ($13.5M total, Rangers eat the $2.5M in cap) making the pick either a first or second.

Edited by cupalife

18 minutes ago, cupalife said:

Regardless here I'm offering them Panarin, who's a star and by far the best player int he trade.  I'm asking for Bennett (a lot because of the contracts) Lundell(probably asking too much to include him), Gudas, and Verhague.  Again the money has to work.  If Bennett is a no go than counter it with something that makes sense with the money.  Of course the Rangers may have to add a Kravtsov and Jones to make it work for them.  Florida was hot for Panarin when we signed him and are struggling now which is why I bring them up

The point of the trade for the Rangers is to become a deeper team.  The Rangers could even put Bennett as their third line center and move Chytil to the wing.  It would actually make the most sense.

Kreider/Mika/Kakko

Laf/Tro/Chytil

Blais/Bennett/Gauthier

Vesey/Goodrow/Cuylie

Do you really think that lineup is better than what we have today?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cupalife said:

Regardless here I'm offering them Panarin, who's a star and by far the best player int he trade.  I'm asking for Bennett (a lot because of the contracts) Lundell, Gudas, and Verhague.  Again the money has to work.  If Bennett is a no go than counter it with something that makes sense with the money.  Of course the Rangers may have to add a Kravtsov and Jones to make it work for them.  Florida was hot for Panarin when we signed him and are struggling now which is why I bring them up

Kreider/Mika/Chytil

Lundell/Tro/Kakko

Laf/Bennett/Gauthier

Vesey/Goodrow/Blais

If Panarin is a star then why are we trading him for a 4th line Center and Gudas who'd be our 3RD displacing Schneider?

And you don't even have Verhague in the lineup you posted. 

Then you wonder why people are saying this shit makes no sense 

• Thanks 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Bugg said:

Sports radio late at night is clogged with incel housebound agoraphobes proposing "My team will give you their pile of problem children and shit for your superstar." Not how these things work, unless you're crazy or Phil Esposito.

Ha, better the incels be agoraphobes at home calling into sports shows than incels who leave their homes to murder houses full of sorority girls in Idaho.  Seriously, talk of trading 9 out of 10 players with no-trades should be left to the incel agoraphobes and their radio shows.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cupalife said:

This is his 9th year in the league.  He's averaged mid 20's in points for those 9 years.  He had a decent year last year.  He's a second line center like Laf is a second line left wing.  

Obviously you don't know anything about this player and his former situation in Calgary. 

The guy is a 2nd line center NOW.  Much like Ryan Strome is NOW. 

Bringing in such a player would be a move to reface the team. He is effective with icetime, good coaching and like minded linemates. I'd like him here to replace  either Trochek or Zibanejad.  Less of the same in the top 6 should be the goal. This isn't EA sports. You wouldn't aquire such a player to play him on the 4th line.

As others have stated. He's currently filling in as 1st line center  (I didn't know that) and is typically Florida's 2nd line center. 

He has had a resurgence with the Panthers.  Many hockey fans questioned why he was doing so little in Calgary.  Many questioned his usage. Many thought he could benefit from a change of scenery.  He did. Big time.. Not noticing this fact or just ignoring it because your ego won't allow you to be proven wrong is an issue I don't care to deal with. So, I don't think I can have a discussion with you about much.

I feel a guy like Bennet is exactly what the Rangers need in their top 6. There aren't many centers with his physical style that can and do play on a 2nd line, while contributing offensively.  Maybe they can find an equivalent at RW, or deal Kreider and find it on the left. Brady Tkachuk would be a solid get and Id imagine may even be attainable with a package including Lafrenière +. Just need to move Kreider.. which probably isn't happening.  

• The Chyt! 1

21 hours ago, cupalife said:

Kreider/Mika/Kakko

Laf/Tro/Chytil

Blais/Bennett/Gauthier

Vesey/Goodrow/Cuylie

To me, this isn't a deeper team at all. Your third line includes two incredibly unproductive players and it cost you a point-per-game player in the process.

You don't even have Verhaeghe in the lineup?

Frankly, I wouldn't do this deal without Lundell. But that probably requires moving out Chytil to make room in the middle.

I actually didn't know Bennett had as good a year last year.  That said I don't think he's better than Trocheck.  I've always like him as a player and think his style is what they need.  As far as Verhague I  fucked that up yes of course I'd put him on the second line and move Laf down.  

The point here is this team is seriously broken.  Everyone wants to make minor trades and fire the coach.  It's not enough.  This team needs a major foundational change.  Panarin is a great player.  The Rangers are blessed with plenty of talented players who all bleed once a month.  Panarin is the best of the bunch but also the one would fetch the return to make a meaningful change.  

Nobody has made any suggestion besides firing the coach that alters what this team is.  I'm not claiming any of these trades will happen. especially as constructed.  I'm basically looking for what a trade would look like and the kind of guys coming back.

The biggest thing here and it cannot be ignored or emphasized enough.  It's not that this is a bad team, which it is.  It's that this is a bad team with no cap wiggle room now and it's worse in the future.  Nobody wants to make a trade where the Rangers have to eat shit.  But that probably has to happen to improve this team.  This team is headed nowhere fast.  It's how 54 years happen.  Don't waste the years with this core.  It doesn't necessarily have to blown up but they absolutely need to diversify the kind of players they have.  They can't all be East West pretty players.  They need guys who want to jump into the fight and are willing to drag guys along with them into that fight.  Who are those guys on this team?  I'm not talking Reeves like players either.

I'd much rather be Ottawa than the Rangers right now.  I can see a path to them contending.  I don't with the Rangers. 

• Keeps it 100 1

4 hours ago, ThirtyONE said:

since we suck at developing we should do a reverse-rebuild. the older the better. 

Yeah that's worked awesome for this organization.  The Rangers have long been the retirement home for star players in this league.  1 cup in 100 years.  Rangers have always been more interested in big names for the bright lights than winning.  

6 hours ago, -ERIK- said:

I don’t see any quick fixes like most have Said unless we decide to give up on A Kakko or a Laffy which would probably backfire in the long run .

You cannot trade those guys and get much back that is helping you now.  The cap will not work.  It has to be Kreider, Fox, Mika, Panarin, Lindgren, Trouba, Goodrow, Trocheck.  Now which of those guys has market value that can bring back something that makes a change.  You can attach a Laf or Kakko with one of them as a big sweetener.  

Rangers are not and should not move Mika or Fox.  Nobody would want Trouba or Goodrow at their cap.  Rangers need more of Lindgren type guys not less.  

That leaves Trocheck, Kreider and Panarin as the only guys that make any sense.  

Edited by cupalife

I'm starting to think some piece of the core needs to go. The vibe I got from the Trouba interview tonight was that the leadership aside from him isn't leading, isn't fighting, isn't willing the game in their favor at all and if that's the case, the core really is too soft to lead by example and fight for wins. I kinda wish Kreider got the C only because I think it would have evoked more of that from him, something he showed last season. Kreider is such a disappointment in that he doesn't play as tough as he could with his size, speed, and strength.

12 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Yup, that’s the issue. Good job identifying it. Gold star. 

No the actual issue is that when the team finally had a tiny spark.  The $11.5M guy carelessly turned the puck over that led to a momentum killing power play goal for the Hawks.  So good job willfully ignoring that points aren't everything.  The guy has been terrible this year by any standard of his game.  Him along with most of the team.  Yet he makes $11.5M and the others don't.  

His 2 points tonight is the exact reason why you cannot just point to a players point total and say he's playing up to the standards expected.

At a minimum for any professional player should be maximum effort should expected.  Talent cannot be equally expected but effort form each player can.  Can anyone honestly say effort describes his play in OT the other night?  His game is ripe for pointing out less obvious examples.  How about a 2plus minute almost 3 minute shift to start the third period tonight?  Anyone care to explain how that is ok?

Edited by cupalife

4 minutes ago, cupalife said:

No the actual issue is that when the team finally had a tiny spark.  The $11.5M guy carelessly turned the puck over that led to a momentum killing power play goal for the Hawks.  So good job willfully ignoring that points aren't everything.  The guy has been terrible this year by any standard of his game.  Him along with most of the team.  Yet he makes $11.5M and the others don't.  

His 2 points tonight is the exact reason why you cannot just point to a players point total and say he's playing up to the standards expected.

At a minimum for any professional player should be maximum effort should expected.  Talent cannot be equally expected but effort form each player can.  Can anyone honestly say effort describes his play in OT the other night?  His game is ripe for pointing out less obvious examples.  How about a 2plus minute almost 3 minute shift to start the third period tonight?  Anyone care to explain how that is ok?

Guess he can play on the fourth line with Sam Bennett