• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Barry Trotz: Yay or Nay?

BrooksBurner

Barry Trotz: yay or nay?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you on the Trotz wagon?

• Yes
    • No, but I'd make a coaching change
    • No, stick with Gallant

I haven't voted.  I don't know what I would like to see happen.  I do know that I was so pissed the past few times big name coaches came around and we just missed out on them.  We just missed Laviolette right after AV was hired IIRC.  We just missed Quenneville when Quinn was hired.  We missed Trotz while we had Quinn and everyone wanted him fired.  I would hate to miss out on Trotz again but I am not really "done" with Gallant...yet lol.  I could go either way right now.  TWSS.

• Applause 1

5 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I do know that I was so pissed the past few times big name coaches came around and we just missed out on them.  We just missed Laviolette right after AV was hired IIRC.  We just missed Quenneville when Quinn was hired.  We missed Trotz while we had Quinn and everyone wanted him fired.  I would hate to miss out on Trotz again but I am not really "done" with Gallant...yet lol.  I could go either way right now.  TWSS.

I think you can relax.  Barry wants to take the year off, and the Rangers are unlikely to fire GG and/or hire a permanent replacement during the season.

No. He gets atleast til Thanksgiving next season with this team constructed as is, in my opinion. 

Team's shot percentage is the bottom third of the league, a bit more luck and they are probably at the top of the division. With that said their D is struggling at times, special teams has underperformed, so there is still room for improvement. 

Edited by Parsley

21 hours ago, Keirik said:

Yeah, I’m afraid he may be too untouchable right now.

welcome to the site btw! Awesome place to talk Rangers hockey. 

Coach Q will almost certainly get another NHL job. 

But it still may be too soon.

Graham James raped children. Got convicted of it. Went to prison. Got paroled. Then somehow got a full pardon. Got a travel visa. Left Canada. And got a job coaching kids in hockey yet again. Albeit overseas and under different governments. 

2 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Coach Q will almost certainly get another NHL job. 

But it still may be too soon.

Graham James raped children. Got convicted of it. Went to prison. Got paroled. Then somehow got a full pardon. Got a travel visa. Left Canada. And got a job coaching kids in hockey yet again. Albeit overseas and under different governments. 

yeah..i doubt Q ever coaches in the nHL again.  

4 minutes ago, CCCP said:

yeah..i doubt Q ever coaches in the nHL again.  

And you could be right.

But given his reputation aside from this, it’s entirely possible. 

I’ll add that his age is a factor too.

Hes in his mid-60’s.

Edited by RangersIn7

19 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Let’s all keep perspective.

Theyre playing choppy, inconsistent hockey, in November, 17 games into the schedule.

They aren’t playing horrible, how bad is this disaster of a team hockey?, in March. 

So let’s take it out of top gear for a second. 

Honestly, quite a few good teams have gotten out of the gate slowly. They've had some guys getting banged up which hasn't helped the flow. Their PK and defense just needs work, and I'm not too worried about Igor. 

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Honestly, quite a few good teams have gotten out of the gate slowly. They've had some guys getting banged up which hasn't helped the flow. Their PK and defense just needs work, and I'm not too worried about Igor. 

but still dont like GG's coaching style.  no matter the results, our D and bottom 6 still sucks

32 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yup. It’s commonplace for Cup teams to not play well in October-November-December. 

That only lapses like 35 games. 

It’s important, yes. 
But not paramount.