• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Pens failing to make the playoffs will be the first variable in evil mite Bettman's plan to get Conor Bedard to his favorite team. Ron Burkle has photos of Bettman cavorting with dead farm animals or something. 

I'm assuming they rig it for Chicago. Need people to stop thinking about the hawks in terms of their coverup of the sexual abuse of Kyle Beach and start talking about Bedard 

5 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

If NYI do make it and beat Boston, and Toronto beats Tampa, they would meet up in the second round.  I'm not sure I want to chance that though.  If the Rangers handle NJ and Carolina, I wouldn't want to face the Isles in the Conference Finals.  Sure, beating them to get to the Final would be sweet as fuck.  But a loss?  No thanks.  With some of the stinkers the Rangers have put up against the Isles over the last few seasons those are odds I do not want to mess with.  

I just don’t think the Islanders have the offensive depth to win a round in the playoffs. They have everything else. Experience, grinding, playoff style hockey, size, defense and obviously goaltending.

But you do need to be able to score. And they just don’t have enough offense.

That being said, I’d love for Boston to draw them in Round 1. Of all the potential matchups they have, the Islanders are the ones who are probably going to drain the most gas out of their engine.

For me, ideally, if we ever did get back to the ECF and had to see them, you want them as tired as possible. And I think the 2 series you root for the Bruins to have to play in before that are to get the Islanders in the first round and then for them to have to play Tampa in Round 2. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I just don’t think the Islanders have the offensive depth to win a round in the playoffs. They have everything else. Experience, grinding, playoff style hockey, size, defense and obviously goaltending.

But you do need to be able to score. And they just don’t have enough offense.

That being said, I’d love for Boston to draw them in Round 1. Of all the potential matchups they have, the Islanders are the ones who are probably going to drain the most gas out of their engine.

For me, ideally, if we ever did get back to the ECF and had to see them, you want them as tired as possible. And I think the 2 series you root for the Bruins to have to play in before that are to get the Islanders in the first round and then for them to have to play Tampa in Round 2. 

Good call. They will dispatch Pitt too easily but Toronto could put up a fight also!

9 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Pens had one job to do to knock out the Isles and they couldn't even do it vs. Chicago.  

It's like no one wants to be that 2nd Wild Card seed to play Boston.  

I know Islanders are a rival but I'm so sick of the Penguins/Crosby coverage and their streak of consecutive years in the playoffs.  I'm rooting for the Penguins to miss the playoffs and less hard for the Islanders to miss the playoffs.      

Nice to see Pitt out for once. Isles were barely without a pulse after the Caps game and for the Pens to hand them this opportunity on a silver tray was just insane. Good on them for not dropping the ball. That being said, they’re a very flawed team. They may play hard but their talent level is so low.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

That moment when you actually don't mind the Islanders making the playoffs only because you're so happy that Crosby and the Pens aren't in it. lol

F that, I would rather see the Pens get smoked in 4 vs. the Bruins than the Islanders make the playoffs.  

Islander fans are the worst and it would have made everything so much sweeter if they missed the playoffs after trading for Horvat and giving him that big contract.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

F that, I would rather see the Pens get smoked in 4 vs. the Bruins than the Islanders make the playoffs.  

Islander fans are the worst and it would have made everything so much sweeter if they missed the playoffs after trading for Horvat and giving him that big contract.  

There will be plenty to laugh at when he reverts to a 20G 50pt player starting next season. He's already regressed spectacularly.

Edited by Pete

13 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

They are, but after years and years of the Penguins and playing them a bunch of times in the playoffs, it still put a grin on my face just to see them finally out and not have to hear about them anymore. Crosby almost willed them there, but fell short. The team itself isn't very good but he showed he's still an elite player. I'm just glad not to see he or Malkin in the playoffs anymore.

I had a feeling the Islanders were probably going to find a way into the playoffs when they got Horvat anyway. Even if they didn't, that was still a great move for them anyway. They could be a tough out, they just don't score enough.

I'm guessing he missed playing with Barkov? lol Also, that was an insane contract to give someone who's had two really good seasons out of about eleven. If I'm a Flames fan, I'm livid about that deal. Huge reason for the Flames drop-off as a team this season. That and Markstrom's severe drop in play also.