• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jacob Trouba Named 28th Captain in Rangers History

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

Pretty awful decision. 

He's overpaid by a couple of mill, but with the contract being what it is I don't see how making him captain is the wrong decision at this point. He's clearly a leader and definitely led by example in the playoffs. 

I have no problem with it at all.

• Keeps it 100 1

I think he led quite a bit in the playoffs. Just gotta wonder how Zib and Kreids feel; would love to see their text thread when this came out. Hope it doesn't mess with the chemistry of the team. Also, hope this is the right choice to onto the next level.

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

I think he led quite a bit in the playoffs. Just gotta wonder how Zib and Kreids feel; would love to see their text thread when this came out. Hope it doesn't mess with the chemistry of the team. Also, hope this is the right choice to onto the next level.

I doubt either player is too upset over it. This is a team that has said they are full of leaders, hence the 6 A’s last year 

Trouba has been up and down but he’s definitely a player who would lead them into battle 

• Drew a Penalty changed the title to Jacob Trouba Named 28th Captain in Rangers History
33 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Would have preferred CK.  This may complicate the necessary salary dump when Trouba's full NTC expires.

Most posters seem to hate Uncle Larry, but he gets more scoops.

literally everything about our past points to making it easy to trade guys with the C lol.

Enjoy Tampa in 2 years Troub

41 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Would have preferred CK.  This may complicate the necessary salary dump when Trouba's full NTC expires.

Most posters seem to hate Uncle Larry, but he gets more scoops.

Meh, probably not.

They’ve traded their last 2 Captains.