• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Off-Season Thread — Go Into the Sadness

Phil

1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:

Milano is not what we need, to be honest. We have plenty of soft skill guys, plus Kravtsov coming back. Howdy was on a 35 point pace last season 👀

Last offseason I talked a lot about moving Howden up the lineup on the wing - using the body, speed, he goes to the net (he was supposed to have a defensive game, but enh). 

they really need a guy that can play wing and shift to C when needed with Copp leaving. Goodrow can, but I’d like to save his minutes for when he’s needed and not wear him out playing 2/3C all season. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Isn't he a LW? I guess the Rangers need ANOTHER? 

Sonny has always been linked to the rangers because he’s a local boy (or something). Bloggers and beaters have been circle jerking about him since before he was drafted…. And he’s not getting qualified by the Ducks. ‘Nough said 

2 minutes ago, josh said:

Last offseason I talked a lot about moving Howden up the lineup on the wing - using the body, speed, he goes to the net (he was supposed to have a defensive game, but enh). 

they really need a guy that can play wing and shift to C when needed with Copp leaving. Goodrow can, but I’d like to save his minutes for when he’s needed and not wear him out playing 2/3C all season. 

Too bad he isn't good at faceoffs. 

46 minutes ago, josh said:

Sonny has always been linked to the rangers because he’s a local boy (or something). Bloggers and beaters have been circle jerking about him since before he was drafted…. And he’s not getting qualified by the Ducks. ‘Nough said 

sassy i love meat GIFSassy GIF by reactionseditor

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Next report will be "Stromes agent won't stop calling Drury". 

Malkin hitting the market may be a huge blow to a few UFA centers, as I'd think everyone looking for a center now has another option that could be BPA. 

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

Malkin is done. Fragile, over 35 contract, he needs to go the Jagr route if he wants to keep playing. Series of 1 year deals. 

I thought I read reports that said Pittsburgh was offering 3 years. Hard to see anyone else topping that term.

If he were open to a 1 year deal, I'd want the Rangers to sign him for whatever the max they can give him, which is probably close to 7-7.5M if they cut enough corners.

50 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Guarantee he resigns with them or lands elsewhere. He was making 1.5. That's about 500k more than he will get in FA. 

I’m sure someone will sign him. He’s a fringe 4th liner and not an effective role guy or a good enough offensive guy to ever really add anything to a team. On a rebuilding team he would be fine but I’m glad we moved on. 

26 minutes ago, siddious said:

I’m sure someone will sign him. He’s a fringe 4th liner and not an effective role guy or a good enough offensive guy to ever really add anything to a team. On a rebuilding team he would be fine but I’m glad we moved on. 

I'd much rather have him than Hunt. His role is pest. He good at it. 

Reaction GIF

49 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

That's not bad. Pretty much where Copp & Strome fall in line with.

Im thinking Giroux is going to get the big score at 7.5/8 for 4.  Kadri right behind him at 6.5/7 for 5 years. Malkin with just under 6 with no more than 3 years. Copp/ Strome 5/5.5 for 5. Dylan Strome under 4, no more than 2 years. 

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

That's not bad. Pretty much where Copp & Strome fall in line with.

Im thinking Giroux is going to get the big score at 7.5/8 for 4.  Kadri right behind him at 6.5/7 for 5 years. Malkin with just under 6 with no more than 3 years. Copp/ Strome 5/5.5 for 5. Dylan Strome under 4, no more than 2 years. 

You know Drury is kicking tires on all of em. One more day and we will see how this all shakes out.

Remember when we signed Drury and Gomez?!  I thought we were beating the world that next year.......nope.

• VINNY! 1