• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECSF #5: (2M) Rangers vs. (1M) Carolina Hurricanes — 🎶Why Don't We Do It on the Road🎶

Damn, y'all need to believe or be gone.

Did you think it would be easy? Did you think Carolina would roll over when they're undefeated at home?

Then that shit is on you. They happened to play their best game on a night the Rangers played their worst. 

If this team has shown us nothing all year, it's that they bounce back and show up when their backs are against the wall.

Believe or be gone. 

And PS... Everyone STFU about who we need to get rid of this off-season. Thats the shit for the Off-season Thread and this team has AT LEAST 2 games left. 

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

Edited by Pete
  • Thanks 1
  • Bullseye 2
  • Believe 4

7 hours ago, rmc51 said:

From my point of view, the turning point was Strome’s goal called back (rightfully so). The Rangers had come out in the 2nd looking pretty good actually sustaining an attack. The reversal seemed to wake Carolina back up and they were relentless the rest of the way.

Agreed. It completely deflated them. I remember seeing it get called back (and I agree, right call), and thinking "they won't get this one back." You could almost feel it in the air. The opposite of a team like Tampa, who had two goals taken back in the same game and you could just feel, attitudinally, just went "no problem, we'll get another."

But that's also learned. They're battle tested. Rangers aren't. Rangers are young. Sometimes you have to lose in order to learn how to win. Tampa sure did. Embarrassingly, I might add. The Blue Jackets — the Blue Jackets — swept them.

• Keeps it 100 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Did you think it would be easy? Did you think Carolina would roll over when they're undefeated at home?

Then that shit is on you. They happened to play their best game on a night the Rangers played their worst. 

If this team has shown us nothing all year, it's that they bounce back and show up when their backs are against the wall.

Believe or be gone. 

And PS... Everyone STFU about who we need to get rid of this off-season. Thats the shit for the Off-season Thread and this team has AT LEAST 2 games left. 

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

Not roll over, no. That's what the Rangers did, but you right -- win six. Worry about seven after.

8 hours ago, rmc51 said:

From my point of view, the turning point was Strome’s goal called back (rightfully so). The Rangers had come out in the 2nd looking pretty good actually sustaining an attack. The reversal seemed to wake Carolina back up and they were relentless the rest of the way.

Strome should've never scored.  The play should've been whistled for offsides way before it went in the net.

As soon as Strome scored I knew it was going to waved off.

• TroCheckmark 2

Definitely not our best effort last night, gang!  No worries though, we're coming back home for Game 6.  Make no mistake though, this one's going the distance!!!  I trust our boys will respond with our backs to the walls, and come up BIG!

...And here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by

15 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

That just warms the cockles of my heart, whatever the fuck cockles are. Tie them up in knots. They've had it too good all season long.

14 hours ago, Pete said:

Look at this sister-fucker hillbilly singing the anthem... 

13 hours ago, josh said:

Don’t judge until you’ve seen her

13 hours ago, Flynn said:

MIKA!!!  

That was faster than me in the sack. 

13 hours ago, josh said:

Oh man, Emily Kaplan was caught in a tornado before the game and didn’t have time to get ready. What a warrior. 

13 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

I felt a tingling sensation in my groin Emily!

12 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

I think they left their forecheck back in NY!

11 hours ago, Jdog99 said:

This is exactly like my NHL 19 playing days when I had really shitty ping and couldn't even touch the puck!!

11 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

It’s either  ‘come-back’ kids or cum on their backs kids. Damnit. These guys royally pissing me off tonight. 

9 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t get it. I just don’t. Matchups and last line change aside, what is the stark contrast home and away? I get it that it is an advantage. But the Hurricanes went from looking like the most recent shit Billy Bob Thornton took after a nasty trip to Arby’s to absolute world beaters.

Nothing phases them at home.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Believe or be gone. 

Carolina was due for a good game, and they got it.  Unfortunately we picked the wrong night to start sniffing glue!!! 

No sweat!  We win Game 6, and take this team of donkey balls to the wood-shed in their own barn on Monday night!!!

...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Jdog99!!!  That description is about as accurate as it gets!! 

• Like 1

Honestly at this point on the road, if we make it, I think you keep kid ljne and blow up the top two lines that are getting matched. Just stick panarin with hunt and Rooney, kreider with strome and vatrano, mika with reaves and copp and let brindamour figure out what to do with it. It’s not like the other combinations have been good with the first change. Plus we still put the guns out on the power play which has been lethal in the playoffs even against this outrageous pk.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

The games are too important now for Reavo to be playing.

Necessary adjustments for game 6 are:

20 93 77

10 16 18

13 72 24

29 64 17

Game 7

20 93 77

10 18 21

13 16 72

29 64 24

I’m with you here in that I think it’s imperative that if they get this to 7, the lines need to be jumbled to make it harder for Carolina to match up. I mean they just shut the Zib line down so well. I would almost separate Kreider and Zibanejad. Spread the wealth even more. Carolina choose would still have to focus Zibanejad, but it gets Kreider away from it.

13-93-72

10-16-21

20-18-77

Make. Them. Choose

16 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I’m with you here in that I think it’s imperative that if they get this to 7, the lines need to be jumbled to make it harder for Carolina to match up. I mean they just shut the Zib line down so well. I would almost separate Kreider and Zibanejad. Spread the wealth even more. Carolina choose would still have to focus Zibanejad, but it gets Kreider away from it.

13-93-72

10-16-21

20-18-77

Make. Them. Choose

Oh nice. I raise you

13-93-72

10-18-21

20-16-77

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

When having the youngest legs doesn't mean shit. Surprised he didn't mention the non-effort by Fox on his less than stellar attempt to stop the break away. Gotta take it off cruise control once in a while.  Even mentioning the fatigue card is so cringe worthy, especially when you see a series like Edm/Cal where they're on warp speed from the drop of the puck.

Turn the page but damn.....

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

"All you hear about is how this team never quits. We didn't expect them to roll over for us like that."

- Max Domi

Is this a real quote? There's no fucking way.

1 hour ago, jsrangers said:

When having the youngest legs doesn't mean shit. Surprised he didn't mention the non-effort by Fox on his less than stellar attempt to stop the break away. Gotta take it off cruise control once in a while.  Even mentioning the fatigue card is so cringe worthy, especially when you see a series like Edm/Cal where they're on warp speed from the drop of the puck.

Turn the page but damn.....

Maybe coach should have them do more gassers, that'd help.

49 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

If Panarin wasn't playing so poorly more fans would be calling out Fox for his play which seems just lazy at times.

Gotta wonder if we f'd up handing him that contract mid-season