• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECSF #5: (2M) Rangers vs. (1M) Carolina Hurricanes — 🎶Why Don't We Do It on the Road🎶

I’ve been a fan of this team for over 50 years and I can’t remember a worse offensive performance than what was on display tonight. Absolutely dreadful by all involved. Coaches , players , trainers equipment manager everyone. Stunningly putrid 

2 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Kreids looking fresh in his post game interview. No shower needed for sure. Hair's on point and everything. Might of even trimmed up the beard during the game.

He's blowing some kinda smoke, I'm gagging so I can't tell you what he's saying.

I didn’t even notice he made the trip with the team

1 minute ago, CSNY1 said:

I’ve been a fan of this team for over 50 years and I can’t remember a worse offensive performance than what was on display tonight. Absolutely dreadful by all involved. Coaches , players , trainers equipment manager everyone. Stunningly putrid 

Not sure if they're correct but in the post game the MSG crew said that was their lowest playoff game  SOG ever.

2 minutes ago, josh said:

I’d love to whine about Braun, but I can’t.

unless a top 4 guy is worse than Fox, not sure what you can do that is an improvement.

Kakko can’t play on that 4th line. 
rooney has been fucking awful, and Reaves is more irrelevant than Frankie Exlax. 

I have no problem with Braun. Just can see Gallant thinking they need a change. And randomly thinking he needs Nemeth out there. Maybe even scratching Schneider.  

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I thought that too, but maybe the Rangers failed enough to push Carolina back into their top game. 

Such a missed opportunity to jump on a team that was off their game, 5 games in a row. They opened the door and woke up the team that dominated them for 2 years and rose to the upper echelon of competition of the east.

Could be, but Tampa is relentless. I'd rather see someone from the West beat them instead of rooting for Carolina.

4 minutes ago, josh said:

I’d love to whine about Braun, but I can’t.

unless a top 4 guy is worse than Fox, not sure what you can do that is an improvement.

Kakko can’t play on that 4th line. 
rooney has been fucking awful, and Reaves is more irrelevant than Frankie Exlax. 

Kakko is basically the only ranger who ive seen able to hold on to the puck for more then 3 seconds along the offensive zone boards...mightve been able to make some difference in a top 6 role this game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jsrangers said:

Not sure if they're correct but in the post game the MSG crew said that was their lowest playoff game  SOG ever.

I wouldn’t doubt it. This was just horrible. Carolina tonight was the hockey equivalent of the 85 Bears of the NFL 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Karan said:

Man if only the Rangers had half the passion of this board they'd be going back to MSG with a chance to close it out. Fans showed up to root them on but fucking Rangers couldn't even bother to give two shits in this game. Abysmal effort.

Oh well, they like to pride themselves for being the "Comeback Kids", let's see what these fucks have in the tank for Saturday. But if Carolina plays the way they can, they're going to stomp a new hole in the Rangers and end this thing in 6.

It’s either  ‘come-back’ kids or cum on their backs kids. Damnit. These guys royally pissing me off tonight. 

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank
  • LMFAO 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

Come back hard in game 6, force a game seven.  Weird shit happens in game sevens, and the Canes are due to lose a home game at some point.  Take it one step at a time, win it at MSG and go from there.  They're down 3-2 not 3-1 or 3-0, they're still in it just need to show up and play a full, hard 60.

This is all we can hope for at this point

Strome to 3rd line. Chytil centering Panarin and Copp. Copp takes all draws. 

Can’t keep pushing Strome Panarin out there as a combo. It looks dead. No more chemistry.  It happens. Lines don't stay together for ever. 2.5 years is pretty long. 

Gallant broke up the kid line, which was really challenging Carolina,  but he won't split Strome and Panarin who are obviously struggling since the playoffs began? Come on Gallant. Wake up. You have some hot hands that you are abandoning. 

• Keeps it 100 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
34 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Even Vally and Biron are dropping huge steamers on the team for their do nothing effort AND even adding Carolina wasn't even THAT good, not good enough to cause what happened out there. Vally giving them no scoring chances in his initial summary.

To wit, I thought Carolina gave us more open ice in the first period than just about any time in this series and we failed to take advantage of it.

• Bullseye 1

9 hours ago, Morphinity said:

As long as @Parsley isn't watching, we've got a chance.

I did not watch. Checked the score 10 minutes ago. 😔 

Will not watch any high(low)lights. 

Guess I have the most optimism here going into game 6 after missing what you all just witnessed. 😆 

Also, guess I can watch live. 

Amazing though just looking at the stats and reading the comments here it’s clear as the day the same problems that have lead to losses this series (and last) are persisting.  Hopefully a win back home Saturday and we go from there. 

• Like 1

Clearly Carolina’s best game of the series but not only that, we played our worst of the series. I don’t care much of the other team wins while playing great but you gotta at least compete and we didn’t even do that. Sad.

That said, win back home and it’s anyones game

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Strome to 3rd line. Chytil centering Panarin and Copp. Copp takes all draws. 

Can’t keep pushing Strome Panarin out there as a combo. It looks dead. No more chemistry.  It happens. Lines don't stay together for ever. 2.5 years is pretty long. 

Gallant broke up the kid line, which was really challenging Carolina,  but he won't split Strome and Panarin who are obviously struggling since the playoffs began? Come on Gallant. Wake up. You have some hot hands that you are abandoning. 

Tough move to make in a potential knockout game...but wish they wouldve gave Chytill a bigger chance to center Panarin this season - at the very least wede know whether there was any potential for next season after we let strome walk.

I don’t get it. I just don’t. Matchups and last line change aside, what is the stark contrast home and away? I get it that it is an advantage. But the Hurricanes went from looking like the most recent shit Billy Bob Thornton took after a nasty trip to Arby’s to absolute world beaters.

Nothing phases them at home.

• LMFAO 1

15 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t get it. I just don’t. Matchups and last line change aside, what is the stark contrast home and away? I get it that it is an advantage. But the Hurricanes went from looking like the most recent shit Billy Bob Thornton took after a nasty trip to Arby’s to absolute world beaters.

Nothing phases them at home.

To be fair they looked terrible in games 1 and much of game 2 as well

2 minutes ago, Valriera said:

To be fair they looked terrible in games 1 and much of game 2 as well

Not as bad as tonight. Not with this much at stake.

Just inexcusable. And that falls on the feet of our stars, and yes, even Gallant. There is no way that a team that has the understanding that we all do that Carolina is a mammoth at home could have possibly came out any worse or flatter.

There we’re literally tailgaters outside of the arena that we’re piss bombed that caused more of a threat to Raanta tonight than the Rangers.

Edited by RichieNextel305

From my point of view, the turning point was Strome’s goal called back (rightfully so). The Rangers had come out in the 2nd looking pretty good actually sustaining an attack. The reversal seemed to wake Carolina back up and they were relentless the rest of the way.

• Like 1