• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECSF #4: (2M) Rangers vs. (1M) Carolina Hurricanes — We Got the Guy

The eye test from my seat says…

1. Trouba is beastly and likes body contact. 
2. Panarin moved his feet all game and that’s how he becomes noticeable. He’s involved in plays when his feet move. Also, he still has a propensity to make the blind pass that during the season connected with someone. In these playoffs? Not so much. 
3. Igor

4. NYR team played much, much better as a unit tonight with consistent energy. With the exception of a fairly soft push by CAR in the second, NYR had intensity and played a 60-minute game. That first PP was a thing of beauty even though they did not score. MSG crowd applauded the effort as the advantage expired. 
5. Reaves delivered clean hits in every period. 

Fan chants:

1. T-O-N-Y later became Fuck You Tony!

2. 18,000 yelling “Ass-hole” at the Refs just makes me laugh. It’s absurd but funny to me. 

Happy departure from the Garden. Lots of “Let’s go Rangers” chants just breaking out. Now, on the ride home on MetroNorth, my train stopped at Yankee Stadium and I must have fist-bumped 30 fans who knew we won. Cool. NY is cool. 

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank
  • Like 4
  • Cheers 3

Canes have to be feeling some serious pressure after this one. Even if they get their shit together offensively they still have to find creative ways to get pucks past Igor who's basically back to his unflappable regular season form. 

Can't even imagine what this team will look like once all of Laf, Kakko, Miller, Schneider and yes, even Fox are well beyond drinking age. 

• Like 1

The theme of these two games is Domi skating out on the ice in game three throwing a cheap shot, thinking he’s hot shit who is going to do it again, and then completely bitching out when it’s apparent that he’s going to have a bad time. 

we are taking the next two games and skating into Tampa where the theme will be who knows and who cares just go out there

• Believe 1

6 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Fuck Biz. He’s doing it for social media. He can do what he wants.

Ray Ferraro literally sounds like Rod Brind’Amours wife. I hope he steps on LEGO’s every day for the rest of his life. Cocksucker.

NOW THATS FUNNY....  PRINT IT OZZY....

• Cheers 1

• Phil unpinned this topic

Welcome "Trade Deadline Night" at MSG!!!  Hats off to the deadline guys that had a superb game;  Copper is definitely GOLD, and Frankie V. making his presence felt early! 

I'm happy to report that the Trouba-Express is running "on or close to schedule"!!

...And here are the Top Lucky 13 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Super Plush, "The official crying towel of FUCK YOU TONY! chants everywhere"!!

13 hours ago, Pete said:

Work this bitch ass team. 

Rangers looking fuckin sharp. 

13 hours ago, G1000 said:

Tie felt that one. 

13 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD!

RELAX!

13 hours ago, The Dude said:

Our 77 is better than yours... tonight. 

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

Think I’d cream a bit if Reaves knocked out ADA

12 hours ago, CSNY1 said:

If DeAngelo wants to dance with Reaves he should call his Mommy first and tell her he loves her as she won’t be seeing him again 

12 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Some good old fashioned NHL autopilot answers.  Forgot to turn off the regular season button.

12 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

One thing I learned this postseason is how much I hate listening to Ray Ferraro. If I saw him I'd tell him to open his mouth so I could spit in it.

12 hours ago, Pete said:

They now know what it means to bend but not break. 

They're learning how to win. 

12 hours ago, Flynn said:

“Step on the mother fucking throat”

-Mother Theresa. 

11 hours ago, G1000 said:

Was that a "Fuck you Tony" chant?

11 hours ago, Karan said:

Regardless of what happens in this series, what a tremendous response by this team tonight against an opponent that's given them fits all regular season. Even after those close gut wrenching losses in Game 1/2, one of the best assets of this young growing team is their short term memory and ability to move on. 2 wins in 3 games is absolutely possible now against this Carolina team.

9 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Fuck Biz. He’s doing it for social media. He can do what he wants.

Ray Ferraro literally sounds like Rod Brind’Amours wife. I hope he steps on LEGO’s every day for the rest of his life. Cocksucker.

Seems like there's a new hero every night with this team!!!  But one thing remains the same:  Igor!

A great big THANKS to Jacob Trouba for basically winning the game with a ferocious body check which turned the tide in the game early!!!

....and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Browny @CBrowningPI!  Yup, I think we all can identify with you, Homie!!!

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

At what point are we going to talk about the elephant in the room?  The fact that Artemi Panarin, our best player outside of Adam Fox and Igor Shesterkin has been "benchable" bad.  He has been a liability almost every time he handles the puck.

It is amazing how well the team is doing considering.

Benchable but still scores almost every game, I guess only really great players can have off nights and still score a point or two. Kucherov is similar.

12 hours ago, Sod16 said:

They had us pinned in with that forecheck for pretty much the whole second period, and we can expect more of that in Raleigh.  There will be portions of the game that look like that with them every time.  We have to limit the chances and get some luck during those portions.  It will probably look more like that in Raleigh than at MSG.

I don't expect the Canes to be spooked.  They weren't spooked after losing two in Boston.

I loved the instigator after the hit on Domi.  I like to see that every time a fight gets picked after a legal hit.

And Trouba usually wins the fight anyway. 

I've watched the Trouba hit a few times today and I can't stop thinking about where Domi would be right now if he didn't fall prior to contact. I seriously think that saved his life lol. Trouba was coming in faster than I've ever seen, lined him up perfectly and Domi had no strenght or balance at the time after he poked after the puck.

School Bus Train GIF

• Keeps it 100 1

10 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I've watched the Trouba hit a few times today and I can't stop thinking about where Domi would be right now if he didn't fall prior to contact. I seriously think that saved his life lol. Trouba was coming in faster than I've ever seen, lined him up perfectly and Domi had no strenght or balance at the time after he poked after the puck.

School Bus Train GIF

Choo Choo!