• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECSF #2: (2M) Rangers at (1M) Carolina Hurricanes — Check That Tone

Phil

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Adam Fox, for someone that bleeds blue, certainly knows how to be a LAZY fuck in the playoffs.

For his all world offensive capabilities, his defense and his hustle leave a ton to be desired.

I think playing 40 minutes a game all year has finally caught up to him.  He has no jump left and might be nursing a “lower body” injury.  

1 minute ago, G1000 said:

If you told me that the Rangers would let up four goals - one of which is an ENG - in these two games, I'd have assumed we won one.

We're holding toe with a "much better" team here, and the old adage that it's not a series until the home team loses feels very, very relevant here.

They didn't generate an actual scoring chance until the last two minutes.

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Adam Fox, for someone that bleeds blue, certainly knows how to be a LAZY fuck in the playoffs.

For his all world offensive capabilities, his defense and his hustle leave a ton to be desired.

Most overrated player since Ray Bourque as an Avalance

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m serious, Panarin needs a seat Sunday. We can’t do this anymore.

Hes either hurt or is in deep with Russian mafia.

Nah, dude needs new linemates. Id stick him out there with Copp as his center and Motte as his RW. He needs something to open up space for him. He needs a banger on his line.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, G1000 said:

If you told me that the Rangers would let up four goals - one of which is an ENG - in these two games, I'd have assumed we won one.

We're holding toe with a "much better" team here, and the old adage that it's not a series until the home team loses feels very, very relevant here.

Right now the difference is the Canes know how to defend a 3rd period lead and the Rangers do not. On paper they don’t have the high end skill the Rangers have, but they do all of the little things correctly that the Rangers do not and it all adds up to being a superior team.

A Ranger player didn’t sniff the slot in the 3rd. Last game, Aho was somehow all by his lonesome to stuff in his own rebound. That’s the difference between a Cup contender team and a team learning how to be one.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I’m going with a combination of hurt and learning to play in the post-season. We’re where CAR were not too long ago. 

With the progression this season and the excitement of playoffs, of course we want to see more. That’s reasonable. But painful at the same time. We know the winning package is ‘in there’ somewhere. Let’s enjoy whatever we get this year. Not surrendering but no need or ledges.  

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

It's not complicated. Panarin is a fucking pussy. It's really that simple. He does not play in the middle of the ice, where you need balls to play. He'll still put up some points, he's on the PP and plays 20 minutes, but he's simply not reliable 5v5.

Second highest cap hit in the NHL.

• Like 1

Just now, Dunny said:

It's not complicated. Panarin is a fucking pussy. It's really that simple. He does not play in the middle of the ice, where you need balls to play. He'll still put up some points, he's on the PP and plays 20 minutes, but he's simply not reliable 5v5.

Second highest cap hit in the NHL.

He’ll win a Cup in a “Gaborik roll” elsewhere  in 4-5 years.