• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #7: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

I've seen the replay 10 times, and I still don't know how Bread's shot got through.

I'm glad the OT PP came on an obvious penalty that took away a scoring chance.

After five years, now that's what playoff hockey is about.

• Like 1

how the rangers won this series it an absolute mystery...they looked down and out over and over and over...and just continuously found the back of the net out of nowhere...

they just had fate or the hockey gods on there side in this one

18 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

How about that a penalty called against the pens in ot and they lose on a PP goal. Sign me up for that conspiracy every time. Now for me everything going forward is playing with house money.

I can only imagine the sanctimonious pearl-clutching that will go on around that penalty call. Pittsburgh fans are a bunch of church ladies chattering in the vestibule.

• LMFAO 1

2 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

how the rangers won this series it an absolute mystery...they looked down and out over and over and over...and just continuously found the back of the net out of nowhere...

The Kreider goal late that won game six was their big bounce.

2 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

Coming back from down 3-1…no matter how we did it is HUGE! Think about that. It’s amazing we clawed our way back to steal this. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Karan said:

So regardless of what happens against CAR, can we now consider this season a success?

Yes.  And every remaining team in the East will have better odds than the Rangers to go to the SCF.  So they can play relaxed as the underdog, no one is going to give them a chance against the Canes.

No other team did this, when down 3-1 in the series:

Down 2-0 in game five, but win

Down 2-0 in game six, but win

Down 1-0 in game seven, but win in. OT

That’s just awesome, even if they’d didn’t play their best in either of these games.

On to to ‘Canes and no matter what happens, it’s been a successful season with the first year coaches.

Of course I want them to win the second round too, crazy or not…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cr00zng said:

That’s just awesome, even if they’d didn’t play their best in either of these games.

On to to ‘Canes and no matter what happens, it’s been a successful season with the first year coaches.

We had the first goal tonight and generally speaking the odds of the team that scores 1st in a Game 7 are pretty high, but yeah I hear you, this team's comeback ability and never quit attitude has been something else all season. You can never count them out.

G7 goals from kreider, zibanejad, and bread. Remember when we would be excited if Rick nash did anything? We don’t need to worry about our stars showing up in the clutch. They just gave us a memory nobody will ever forget

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Believe 2

5 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

Amazing experience and great for our young players. Hell, they played better than some of the more veteran guys. I'd also say Shesterkin passed the litmus test in his first postseason, especially tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valriera said:

G7 goals from kreider, zibanejad, and bread. Remember when we would be excited if Rick nash did anything? We don’t need to worry about our stars showing up in the clutch. They just gave us a memory nobody will ever forget

Nash was good defensively! Soooo...yeah....

• LMFAO 1