• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #7: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

6 minutes ago, Flynn said:

Anyone with an Athletic Sub- go read the Pittsburgh wrap- The Dead Sea has less salt that the writer- and the comments are absolutely fantastic. 

https://theathletic.com/3313745/2022/05/16/yohes-10-observations-on-a-lost-helmet-a-holding-penalty-and-heartbreak-for-the-penguins-at-the-garden/

The summation of the Crosby hit had me rolling. Only Pittsburgh fans think it was Trouba being dirty.

• What a painfully stupid, hypocritical rule [losing the helmet rule]. Let’s think about this. In the first round alone, we’ve witnessed numerous head shots around the league that have gone unpunished by the humorously named NHL Safety Department. The league has made it abundantly clear that it doesn’t care about head shots.

We saw this firsthand when Crosby, the greatest hockey player of the past two decades, was hit in the head in Game 5 by a player who was using his elbow as a weapon from that game’s first shift.

I still don’t think Trouba’s elbow even got his head. It looked like all whiplash. Even if it did, it was purely incidental. Cry more Pitt fans. So glad we beat these miserable whiny fucks.

• TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Just now, ThirtyONE said:

To be fair, the Rangers just killed their franchise and they know it. It's back to the basement for them. Wonder how the NHL will survive. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Both Malkin and Letang could be gone and there's some age there in general. They're definitely on the back nine of their run. I guess it's back to the basement as you said until the next phenom is available in the draft and they magically win a couple of draft lotteries.

20 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Paywalled news is the dumbest shit ever. Paywalled sports writing is just…lol

I get it.. But the reporters need to get paid.. I just look at it as nothing more than me buying a digital newspaper. 

• Keeps it 100 1

That team got every break in the series...every fucking call went their way, and they complain!  They were even gifted Game 1 when Chytil's goal was called back!  So we actually won the series 5-2!!

Fuck the Penguins!  That sissy Crosby has been getting away with shit since he's been in the league!! 

I'm so glad we took them out and set them back to the stone age again.  ....fucking team will be a lottery team within 2 seasons!!!   ...and Good!!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

10 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Seriously, how the fuck does that puck find it's way to the net? I'm not complaining, but like wtf? Artemi really is a magician.

Seriously, how the fuck anybody listen to that music.  

• Keeps it 100 3

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Seriously, how the fuck anybody listen to that music.  

Because they like it. I have no idea who that is, but it's silly to rip people for having different musical tastes than you.