• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Kids Are Alright

Pete

Just now, rmc51 said:

You must have been pretty upset when he scored that GWG in Game 5

Nope.  But the -5 is not an aberration.  He is super soft.  He needs to score way more to make up for his defensive deficiencies.  He showed some progress in that series but still not enough.  Laf and Kakko were both noticeably better.

19 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

You must have been pretty upset when he scored that GWG in Game 5

Should've been Game 1 as well!!  I still call "BULLSHIT" on that Kakko interfered with the goalie crap.  Whatever...those whiny fucks are eliminated now!

I wanna see my kids play well in this series....Chytil has to raise his game some more too! 

Make me a believer, Chytil!!!!

• Believe 1

31 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Nope.  But the -5 is not an aberration.  He is super soft.  He needs to score way more to make up for his defensive deficiencies.  He showed some progress in that series but still not enough.  Laf and Kakko were both noticeably better.

He made a couple of defensive mistakes, but he was anything but soft that series. He was aggressive on the forecheck with the rest of the kid line, but that line as a whole needs to keep learning how to play in their own zone when they don’t have the puck.

• TroCheckmark 1

8 hours ago, rmc51 said:

He made a couple of defensive mistakes, but he was anything but soft that series. He was aggressive on the forecheck with the rest of the kid line, but that line as a whole needs to keep learning how to play in their own zone when they don’t have the puck.

😶

• 2 weeks later...

Even though he's not lighting up the scoresheet these playoffs like Chytil, or even Lafreniere, Kakko hasn't looked too bad himself. He should have had a couple of goals against Carolina. Yeah, he didn't finish as he should have on those chances, but he was creating and making things happen. Then prior to that, he had a possible late game-winning goal negated in the Penguins series. Last night's game he was creating some magic there with Chytil. If that line can keep it going, they have a great chance of winning the Cup. If not, either way, this gets you even more excited for the future.

Right now, the Kid Line is the key to the kingdom. We're making opposing teams choose between Panarin, Zibanejad, or the kid line, and I'm going to bet dollars to donuts that there's no team left that has the ability to match up against three lines capable of burning them.

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

29 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Even though he's not lighting up the scoresheet these playoffs like Chytil, or even Lafreniere, Kakko hasn't looked too bad himself. He should have had a couple of goals against Carolina. Yeah, he didn't finish as he should have on those chances, but he was creating and making things happen. Then prior to that, he had a possible late game-winning goal negated in the Penguins series. Last night's game he was creating some magic there with Chytil. If that line can keep it going, they have a great chance of winning the Cup. If not, either way, this gets you even more excited for the future.

Kakko is developing his "behind the net" play.  Kinda looked like Gretzky in his office on the first Chytil goal.

These kids are really coming into their own....Geeez, I'm glad I never gave up on Chytil!!!  LOL

Dude is making eat my words, and I can't be happier!

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Kakko is developing his "behind the net" play.  Kinda looked like Gretzky in his office on the first Chytil goal.

These kids are really coming into their own....Geeez, I'm glad I never gave up on Chytil!!!  LOL

Dude is making eat my words, and I can't be happier!

Chytil always showed you flashes of what he could be, but the flashes were very brief and did not occur that often enough to get you excited. It was understanding if you were down on him. I think a lot of us were. It seems like the light switch finally went on, and Gallant deserves a lot of credit for it along with Chytil himself. Seeing how the playoffs have gone and the fact that he's only 22 or so, gets you pumped.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Chytil always showed you flashes of what he could be, but the flashes were very brief and did not occur that often enough to get you excited. It was understanding if you were down on him. I think a lot of us were. It seems like the light switch finally went on, and Gallant deserves a lot of credit for it along with Chytil himself. Seeing how the playoffs have gone and the fact that he's only 22 or so, gets you pumped.

I'll take him as my super cost-effective 2C next year.

Hell maybe the Kid line becomes the 2nd line and we can load up the big guns on the top line

• Like 1

Just now, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Hell maybe the Kid line becomes the 2nd line and we can load up the big guns on the top line

Right, and assuming Copp is brought back and Strome isn't, I suppose you make him the 3C as envisioned and then you can finally worry a little less about the depth down the middle.

With Chytil, this is the breakout we've been waiting two and a half years for. Laf still has work to do to produce more, but looks measurably more confident than he ever did before, and Kakko is getting dragged into the fight, which is helping to battle test him by force. You love to see it.

• Believe 1

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

That's what it's going to look like, IMHO. They'll let Strome and Copp walk because they can't afford either player, kid line will be 2nd line and I really think they move Panarin to RW with Kreider and Zib.

Goodrow to 3C with some low budget wingers. 

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's what it's going to look like, IMHO. They'll let Strome and Copp walk because they can't afford either player, kid line will be 2nd line and I really think they move Panarin to RW with Kreider and Zib.

Goodrow to 3C with some low budget wingers. 

Yeah, and/or they sign a veteran 3C who won't break the bank for added flexibility. Namestnikov, maybe. Someone like that.

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

A prime example of one of those flashes is that move he put on Brendan Smith in G6 last series, where he had the puck and used his body to hip-bump Smith away to create separation, then took it towards the net and scored the backhand goal. That strong hip-bump and shielding the puck is nothing new for Chytil. It’s always been there and it’s the kind of thing I’ve always noted as “this kid has it in him - he’s big and strong”. He’s also fast. The finishing ability has been missing, apparently until now.

Ironically, you know who has the same traits? The other whipping boy amongst the fan base - Gauthier. But for now there is simply no room at the inn for him.

• Believe 1

When LeeAss was here, I would always comment about how much more dynamic Chytil looked than LeeAss. He just oozed offense, but something happened it just went away.

Maybe it was injuries or just lack of confidence, or both, or something else but he was trash for a really long time before these playoffs.

He picked a really good time for his coming out party.

• Keeps it 100 1