• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PC Building, Maintenance, and Games Discussion

Drew a Penalty

8 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Best practices are to flush the system and replace the fluid every 8-12 months with a mix of distilled/purified water and a coolant mixture that costs ~$20-30.

now am i wrong in thinking that a water cooled system might have less dust and pet dander get into it and all that since it uses fans less? 

41 minutes ago, Keirik said:

im keeping it for now as it can be the work pc for my wife or more likely just til i transfer files over and all that and i get to have my own gaming setup. Why, whats up?

Just curious.  I am looking to get a gaming computer so I can start playing DCS World.  I don't have the money or time to though so idk why I was even asking lol

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

now am i wrong in thinking that a water cooled system might have less dust and pet dander get into it and all that since it uses fans less? 

Yeah, it doesn't have intake fans, so you wouldn't accumulate as much dust inside. With modern cases, good cable management, circulation, and filters help limit the dust though.

Yeah that makes sense. Although you would still need case fans to provide cool air to the GPU cooler and then exhaust out the hot air. This is assuming @Keirik you get a 14700K CPU with a water cooler. Water cooling for a GPU would be overkill IMO, unless you're planning to majorly overclock the thing. The RTX 4090 is already such a beast though, and the air cooling solutions offered by most of nVidia's partners nowadays are so effective. 

Edited by Karan

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 6:52 PM, Keirik said:

I can't imagine I'd go less than the 4090 though to be honest. If I'm going to do this, I don't see why I'd care about saving a small amount. 

one things I did notice that I've seen the 13 th gen processor still be a bit more expensive than the newer 14th Feb. is that normal or maybe I looked quickly and didn't notice. 

Surprised to hear this as 13th gens are selling for over $100 cheaper than the 14th "gen" counterparts. I say "gen" because as you can see from that video I just posted, the 14th "gen" is just a mid-cycle refresh of the 13th gen, at best. It's not a new gen or architecture at all. It's just a desperate attempt by Intel to keep up with AMD's latest offerings, particularly the 7800X3D which is the best gaming CPU at the moment. So while they actually release their new architecture, they called this minor update the 14th gen in an effort to keep investors happy and the consumers spending their money lol So save your money and get the 13th equivalent if you find them in stock.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

The game looked pretty bad from the get-go, but holy shit what a disaster. The released the game in that state, and then just became another company overnight or something. lol What is it with all the garbage getting released? This game, Gollum, Redfall, that King King one. Brutal.

part of the problem i think are all these early access games and No Man's Sky type games of the world that either release a beta publicly for a discount or just a game not completed yet with the idea of them adding to it over time to correct past mistakes or shallow games. 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

part of the problem i think are all these early access games and No Man's Sky type games of the world that either release a beta publicly for a discount or just a game not completed yet with the idea of them adding to it over time to correct past mistakes or shallow games. 

It's definitely been a thing. But even games like No Man's Sky and Cyberpunk weren't this bad at launch compared to the likes of Redfall and The Day Before. I don't think the latter two should have even released, period.

• Keeps it 100 1