• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#42) Rangers vs Arizona Coyotes — Just Leave Chychrun Behind, Thanks

Morphinity 2.0

46 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Didn’t watch the game. Going to assume it was a statement win against a good team /s

Statement comeback. They were getting shelled in the first. 15-2 in chances. Stormed back in a big way. Kakko didn't play. Upper-body injury. Lafreniere sucks.

• VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Statement comeback. They were getting shelled in the first. 15-2 in chances. Stormed back in a big way. Kakko didn't play. Upper-body injury. Lafreniere sucks.

I still think any game can be a statement game if the situation shows itself. I prefer to think of it as tests rather than statements. Yesterday we failed a test. Today we won a pop quiz. Obviously there should never be a point where the freaking Coyotes are out shooting you 15-2 but the game isn't played on paper. It's played on the ice and the margin of error is so small these days. We got our asses handed to us last night and tonight we could have felt sorry for ourselves and called it a night as it's game 40 whatever this year. Instead of that, we put our big boy pants on and our leaders took care of business. 

It's a long season. All you can do is play your schedule one game at a time and one period at a time and the different tiers will show themselves by game 82. 

LGR. Rome Wasn't Built in a Day 🙃

Edited by Keirik
  • Like 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Our squad really turns up the heat when needed. While I would have preferred that they came out in the first with their hair on fire, the more than made up for it during the last 40 minutes. Best game I’ve seen in person since the 10-goal game when Gaborik seemed to score every three minutes. 

What, an awesome game to see in person. Good for you!

So if the playoffs were to start today, (based on points %) we'd be opening up against the Penguins and home ice advantage (narrowly). April is a long ways away but hopefully a Rangers can find a way to end up 2nd/3rd in the division and avoid sliding down to a WC position and end up facing CAR or FLA in the 1st round. 

Edited by Karan

18 minutes ago, Karan said:

So if the playoffs were to start today, (based on points %) we'd be opening up against the Penguins and home ice advantage (narrowly). April is a long ways away but hopefully a Rangers can find a way to end up 2nd/3rd in the division and avoid sliding down to a WC position and end up facing CAR or FLA in the 1st round. 

I actually think we matchup well with most except Carolina. But that’s Carolina today. They are scorching. Florida wouldn’t scare me as much. They’ve been mediocre on the road all year so even if they had home ice, we just need to steal a game to flip the script. 

so much can change though between today and playoffs. 

Edited by Keirik

9 minutes ago, Karan said:

Even Pittsburgh would be a nightmare matchup

30 minutes ago, Pete said:

Definitely no easy way out of the 1st round this season, but I'd rather face the lesser of the evils and have a PIT or WAS match by ending up in the #2 or #3 seed, and avoid the likes CAR or FLA/TBL in the first round.

9 hours ago, Keirik said:

I still think any game can be a statement game if the situation shows itself. I prefer to think of it as tests rather than statements. Yesterday we failed a test. Today we won a pop quiz. Obviously there should never be a point where the freaking Coyotes are out shooting you 15-2 but the game isn't played on paper. It's played on the ice and the margin of error is so small these days. We got our asses handed to us last night and tonight we could have felt sorry for ourselves and called it a night as it's game 40 whatever this year. Instead of that, we put our big boy pants on and our leaders took care of business. 

It's a long season. All you can do is play your schedule one game at a time and one period at a time and the different tiers will show themselves by game 82. 

LGR. Rome Wasn't Built in a Day 🙃

Animated GIF

• LMFAO 1

I know it was the Coyotes but man did some of the passing and scoring look absolutely dominant last night.

I know it might be all your eggs in one basket deal but what are the thoughts on running out that line more often. 

Especially if we can get a JT Miller or Giroux in here we could get another line made up which would be pretty strong.

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Pens are gonna be a tough out. Malkin is healthy now, and they roll 3 lines that are balanced and contribute. Still think Igor is the difference, but it's no gimme. 

2 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Kakko with an upper body injury and Chytl with a lower body injury.  There is a "complete" bust joke in there somewhere, i know there is.

Kakko.  Upper vagina injury

chytil.  Lower vagina injury and I hate him

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Crazy that Panarin, Fox, Zib, and Kreider are all at a point per game pace. Whens the last time they had 4 guys at that clip?

1987-88 seems like the closest. Poddubny and Kisio both were a P/GP to end the season while Sandstrom and Dionne were two points short.

The only other close one would be 1971-72. Ratelle, Hadfield, Gilbert, and Park. Park had 73 in 75, though.

• VINNY! 1

14 hours ago, Phil said:

I was out and the game was on where I was. And I won’t lie, I wasn’t paying much attention in the 1st period. And then I happened to look down at my phone and saw on an app what the shot totals were after 1 period, and my eyes popped out of my head. Glad we were able to eventually regain order there, sheesh.

So that's the way it's gonna be, huh?  We're going Jekyl & Hyde here today!!!

As @Sharpshooter Sharpy best put it, "Crisis averted!"

Took us half a game to find our legs, brains and guts, but a win is a win...even if it's against the damn Girl Scouts of the NHL!

........And here are the Top 15 nominees for last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by: Stay Free, the official Maxi pads of Filip Chytil.

On 1/22/2022 at 6:35 PM, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Amazing what an ass whooping does to the mood in here

On 1/22/2022 at 6:59 PM, Pete said:

UBI...useless but ineffective?

23 hours ago, Keirik said:

Every 5 seconds my wife reminds me Schmalz is chicken fat lol 

23 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

I hope Gallant was standing on someone’s left nut between periods. 

23 hours ago, Keirik said:

Chytil must have hurt himself coasting 

23 hours ago, Flynn said:

Every time Miller gets a shot from the point it’s the hockey equivalent of Shaq shooting a FT.. brutal shit 

22 hours ago, Valriera said:

Shesty handles the puck better than nemeth and it’s not even a joke

22 hours ago, Valriera said:

That’s rocket Richard kreider thank you

22 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Thank you Mrs Clause for these tix!

(She was going to get a beating after that first period! LOL)

22 hours ago, Kevin said:

Cramps for Chytil

22 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Chytil with an allergic reaction to playing hockey.

21 hours ago, G1000 said:

Kreider just slamming his dick on the table today. He's an absolute animal.

21 hours ago, G1000 said:

You're the guy who wins the half a billion dollar Powerball and complains about the taxes, aren't you?

Just enjoy the show, man.

21 hours ago, Phil said:

Definitely has a couch made of human flesh in his basement.

21 hours ago, Winter said:

at this point its time to just get Laf/Kakko/Chytil some foil and tell them to just start being goons 

I gotta say, some of these are really good!!! …but the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Flynn, with his Shaq-free-throw comparison...That one killed me!!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1