• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

Just now, Pete said:

At the prices being paid today, I honestly think they're done. 77 to the third line and 24 to the second line when he returns from injury. 

I really think they're just going to roll with what they have. 

I don't need anything huge, but let's spend a second rounder and a B prospect and get some depth.

No way a guy like Tierney goes for much, and we're dressing McKegg.

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The more and more I see what's going over the fence in these deals, I think Pete's right!   But if any deals are going to be made it's going to go right down to the hour of the deadline...like usual!

It may actually be a series of smaller deals for depth. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

At the prices being paid today, I honestly think they're done. 77 to the third line and 24 to the second line when he returns from injury. 

I really think they're just going to roll with what they have. 

I think we might leverage our position. We have good cap space at the moment. Most contending teams do not. We can take one of the expiring deals like Kessel without giving up a ton I would think.  Maybe we do a Kessel and a Rakell. Would love Kane but its probably not realistic (though crazier things have happened at the TDL)

1 hour ago, Shesty Cola said:

I think we might leverage our position. We have good cap space at the moment. Most contending teams do not. We can take one of the expiring deals like Kessel without giving up a ton I would think.  Maybe we do a Kessel and a Rakell. Would love Kane but its probably not realistic (though crazier things have happened at the TDL)

How can we leverage our position, when the contending teams that don't have cap space are making the moves so far?  Giroux....gone, Lindholm....gone, Chiarot....gone, Jarnkrok....gone, Manson....gone....Teams w/o the cap space that the Rangers have finding a way to get the players they want/need for the playoffs.

Basically all that is left is Giordano, Chychrun, and Rakell as far as what the Rangers have been rumored to be interested in.  

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

How can we leverage our position, when the contending teams that don't have cap space are making the moves so far?  Giroux....gone, Lindholm....gone, Chiarot....gone, Jarnkrok....gone, Manson....gone....Teams w/o the cap space that the Rangers have finding a way to get the players they want/need for the playoffs.

Basically all that is left is Giordano, Chychrun, and Rakell as far as what the Rangers have been rumored to be interested in.  

Dunno Drury plays it close to the vest. Theres Kessel as well. Rackell, Radulov. Guess we'll see what they pull off (if anything) 

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

Idk, I just don't think he is bad. I think he has been pretty good back there. 

I disagree. Stinks. Hot garbage. Really bad. Weak point. I'd rather see Hajek. But I'm a Hajek apologist. Still. I'd rather see anyone else. I hate his decision making. He's never physical. Slow, just not a guy I want to see playing for the Rangers in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Big fucking win sweeping the Lightning. Big big biiiigggggg

Every dog has its day. The Rangers could and should be better. They atleast need to make some depth moves for veterans that have been to the dance. There's a bunch of roster spots that need improvement. No reason to not address the needs. Everyone top team found a way to add with no cap space. The Rangers are sitting on how much?

All major pieces have been moved. Time to cash in on the bargain bin. 

Get me atleast Stastny and I'll be content. Every major piece they had a realistic chance on is off the board. Only competition is Colorado for the remaining leftovers. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lord Al said:

Scotty was in Tampa scouting for the Black hawks…thinking he’s looking at the Rangers 

Kane would be wild.The huge cap room msut make it very tempting. 

But think the move is Giordano. He goes to top pair with Fox, and you get to move Lindgren down to the 3rd pair. Lingren is balls to the wall an all out great player. But he isn't a big guy and think top pair minutes are gonna grind him down. Looks like he comes out of every scrum with his helmet askew and a new bruise on his face. Giordano lessens the wear and tear. Makes for a better all around defense.