• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Call Braden Schneider to NHL; Send Lundvkist, Reunanen, Wall to Hartford

Drew a Penalty

25 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I wonder if this is sort of a showcase for Schneider to increase trade value? Or possibly to see if he fits as a replacement for Miller if his name is being asked for in trades. I’m psyched he is here but realistically, our D size isn’t bad. 
Tinordi 6’6

Nemeth 6’4

Miller 6’4

Trouba 6’3

Hajek 6’3

Schneider 6’2
Lindgren 6’1

Fox 5’11

Lundkvist 5’11

Jones 5’10

I like 6'4 robertson for the future as well.

But there could be size issues, as that bottom 4 (list above) is expected to be the D core. Probably why I like Schneider and Robertson 

2 minutes ago, josh said:

I like 6'4 robertson for the future as well.

But there could be size issues, as that bottom 4 (list above) is expected to be the D core. Probably why I like Schneider and Robertson 

Love them both. Specifically more excited for Schneider though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

I wonder if this is sort of a showcase for Schneider to increase trade value? Or possibly to see if he fits as a replacement for Miller if his name is being asked for in trades. I’m psyched he is here but realistically, our D size isn’t bad. 
Tinordi 6’6

Nemeth 6’4

Miller 6’4

Trouba 6’3

Hajek 6’3

Schneider 6’2
Lindgren 6’1

Fox 5’11

Lundkvist 5’11

Jones 5’10

Doubtful.

5. The Jarred Tinordi-Patrik Nemeth tandem, which was together for the sixth time this season on Monday against the Kings, represents Gallant’s vision for the third pair even if he was in his hotel room watching Kris Knoblauch run the show from behind the bench. (Yes, the duo struggled, but no more so than K’Andre Miller).

It is not as much about experience as it is about size and physical presence. Gallant has made it clear how much he values those attributes in defensemen. That’s why the burden of proof is always going to be on smaller, more skilled people, such as Zac Jones, Nils Lundkvist and even Libor Hajek. One bad night can reverberate for weeks.

Before looking for reinforcements outside of the organization, the Rangers will grant an audition to 20-year-old Braden Schneider, who was recalled Tuesday and added to the active roster. The 6-foot-2, physical right defenseman is believed to have been on the COVID list when NHL taxi squads were formed two weeks ago and returned to the Wolf Pack this weekend after a lengthy absence.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/11/rangers-concerning-offensive-flaws-are-being-exposed/

Gallant has always leaned on big, physical defenders. It's why @Drew a Penalty and I were hoping he'd bring McNabb with him. Jones-Lundkvist was always untenable, especially for this coach, who understands what happens in the playoffs.

I think he has the right "vision" here. He just has the wrong personnel. It's why Hajek is still here. It's why Nemeth hasn't been sent to Robidas island, or Siberia. It's also why it's Schneider's turn to prove he can do it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

Gallant has always leaned on big, physical defenders. It's why @Drew a Penalty and I were hoping he'd bring McNabb with him. Jones-Lundkvist was always untenable, especially for this coach, who understands what happens in the playoffs.

I think he has the right "vision" here. He just has the wrong personnel. It's why Hajek is still here. It's why Nemeth hasn't been sent to Robidas island, or Siberia. It's also why it's Schneider's turn to prove he can do it.

He's an NHL coach. He's chasing a win today, not wins next week. Quinn was the same way. What can you do for me tonight?

The vision is right if this is it. THE season. 

Maybe explains the quick tenures. 

Rome wasn't built in a day (TM) 

• VINNY! 1

6 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Nice move to score his first AHL point in game 1. Anyone watched the game? Is he playing top pair, all situations down there?

Am I missing something? He's avoiding a hit and throws the puck to center ice, where a player scoots in and dishes for a soft floating wrister. This is what we were told was this elite D man?  Yeah?

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Am I missing something? He's avoiding a hit and throws the puck to center ice, where a player scoots in and dishes for a soft floating wrister. This is what we were told was this elite D man?  Yeah?

bringing the puck up ice and making a breakout pass is more than a lot of our D's the last few years manages to do. He also took the defender out of the play to open up the lane for the goalscorer.

Never said it was elite tho, I said "a nice move", but if that's too generous you can remove the "nice" and it reads "a move to score his first AHL point".

And I just posted the goal to ask if anyone watched the game...

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

bringing the puck up ice and making a breakout pass is more than a lot of our D's the last few years manages to do. He also took the defender out of the play to open up the lane for the goalscorer.

Never said it was elite tho, I said "a nice move", but if that's too generous you can remove the "nice" and it reads "a move to score his first AHL point".

And I just posted the goal to ask if anyone watched the game...

Relax. You liked the play.  The tweet it's in kinda suggested that the move was what everyone has been talking about fir 2 years. 

To be honest,  it looks like a reckless move by just toss it cross ice to the center. Try that in the NHL and it's probably picked off and going the other way. Who knows though. Maybe he saw that it was clear. 

I will say that I'm glad it worked.  That kid really needs a confidence boost and to try to be creative.  The more points he gets, the more icetime he gets, the better it will be for him. He's yet to come out of his shell. I'm hoping this helps.

• VINNY! 1

Kid looked pretty damn good last night!

I'll stop short of "Move over, Mr. Fox!  You may have company for that Norris!"  LOL

I liked what I saw though...very good skater, obviously shoots the puck well, has good size, strength and confidence!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Are the Rangers currently taking a look at Lundvkist, Jones, Schneider and Miller to determine who to trade?

Gotta see what the kids got at some point. Taking advantage of covid to do that is exactly what they should be doing.

16 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Small sample but at this point, think Schneider gets a jersey until he shows some reason he shouldn't. 

Fucking BINGO, Bugg!!  That kid ain't goin' no place!!!

I know it's only one game, but anyone who watched that game, that knows anything about defense and ability, can see that kid is most likely going to be a fabulous player for the next 15 years!

44 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Fucking BINGO, Bugg!!  That kid ain't goin' no place!!!

I know it's only one game, but anyone who watched that game, that knows anything about defense and ability, can see that kid is most likely going to be a fabulous player for the next 15 years!

Jones and Schneider are the keepers. Lundkvist is an awesome trade piece with Kravtsov.

• Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Jones and Schneider are the keepers. Lundkvist is an awesome trade piece with Kravtsov.

I'd keep Robertson too, but I think that's the way it seems to be looking.

Right now Chytil ain't worth shit, and Hajek isn't pushing the needle much either.

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'd keep Robertson too, but I think that's the way it seems to be looking.

Right now Chytil ain't worth shit, and Hajek isn't pushing the needle much either.

Trade Hajek NOW if for nothing other than getting rid of the sore reminder that we sold McDonagh and Miller (our two biggest trade pieces at the time) for 3 nobodies and a couple picks. DAMMIT!!!

• LOL 1