• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Call Braden Schneider to NHL; Send Lundvkist, Reunanen, Wall to Hartford

Drew a Penalty

1 minute ago, Phil said:

First of all, fuck yes! I'm so fucking excited to see this kid play.

Second, Lundkvist is the most unimpressive first-round pick I've seen since Lias Andersson. Just utterly vanilla at every aspect of his game.

Shit I just posted in the other thread, but I'd absolute love to see Schneider paired with Trouba, and move Miller to our 3rd pair...most likely with someone we trade for soon!

The New Twin Towers!

Just now, Ozzy said:

Shit I just posted in the other thread, but I'd absolute love to see Schneider paired with Trouba, and move Miller to our 3rd pair...most likely with someone we trade for soon!

The New Twin Towers!

Hulk Hogan Agree GIF

• Cheers 1

Yay about Schneider!!! I’m not down on Lunkvist yet. There’s too much talent there to think we have even scratched the surface with him. I wanna see him light the Ahl up. 

with Schneider in hopefully we see a Schneider- Jones pair sooner rather than later.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

6 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Pretty shocking to see Lundkvist sent down. It's rare if ever we've done that to a 1st rounder in the middle of the season.

Wasn't Lias sent down the 2nd season?

I just hope they know what they're doing re the situation around our young D's. There's a lot of talent and potential here, it's important they don't fuck up and trades away the wrong player(s).

Looking forward to see Schneider. Interesting to see what the pairs will look like. I'm not really interesting in watching Nemeth/Tinordi - Schneider

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I just hope they know what they're doing re the situation around our young D's. There's a lot of talent and potential here, it's important they don't fuck up and trades away the wrong player(s).

Looking forward to see Schneider. Interesting to see what the pairs will look like. I'm not really interesting in watching Nemeth/Tinordi - Schneider

I blocked him out. Yeah, he was sent down mid-season.

• LOL 1

I think this is good for both Schneider and Lundkvist. 3rd pair with limited PP time limits Lundkvist's development and effectiveness. Hopefully he'll get top-4 and 1st PP unit in Hartford for a long stretch of games and get more used to NA ice.

I think Schneider fits better as a Trouba-lite on the 3rd pair that can do a bit of everything from what I've heard. But to be honest I don't know much nor have I seen him play. Is that an accurate description of his game? @Drew a Penalty

3 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I think this is good for both Schneider and Lundkvist. 3rd pair with limited PP time limits Lundkvist's development and effectiveness. Hopefully he'll get top-4 and 1st PP unit in Hartford for a long stretch of games and get more used to NA ice.

I think Schneider fits better as a Trouba-lite on the 3rd pair that can do a bit of everything from what I've heard. But to be honest I don't know much nor have I seen him play. Is that an accurate description of his game? @Drew a Penalty

Accurate enough. He's somewhere in between Trouba and Doughty stylistically. He's a much better skater than Trouba, but not as offensively gifted as Doughty. I think he's more of what this team needs when it comes to playing defense. He'll squeeze a defender out along the boards as opposed to letting them go around him with his stick extended like Miller or Nemeth. He'll also help breakouts because he's particularly patient and has the ability to both carry and pass.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

It's not Lundqvist's fault, he's just out there doing his thing. Seems like a nice kid.

He is, yet another victim of the hype train. Mistaking modest success in a really bad adult hockey league as some kind of guarantee that this kid would just step right in and contribute, meaningfully. Now, we'll have to give him a pass for another calendar year as he "adjusts to a smaller ice surface". When that excuse runs dry, you're left with Ryan Murray.

Anyways, no harm, no foul, it was a really late 1st.

• Applause 1

3 hours ago, Phil said:

First of all, fuck yes! I'm so fucking excited to see this kid play.

Second, Lundkvist is the most unimpressive first-round pick I've seen since Lias Andersson. Just utterly vanilla at every aspect of his game.

WTF you guys. I said this 2 weeks ago and you all shit on me. Now Phil says it and you're liking and applauding? 

Jerks.   LOL

Edited by The Dude

1 hour ago, br-avery said:

Thought Nils was starting to look more comfortable,I guess it can't hurt to go down and play some more.

Really pumped about Schneider!

He needs minutes. Lots of them.  He needs to play in every situation and do it confidentiality. Hopefully he takes the demotion well. 

With the Rangers swapping all the D men in out and up from the minors, they are either trying to find a little something different or they are showcasing, or have been showcasing.   

Either way, I'm excited to see Schneider get in there.  Hopefully not paired with Tinordi.  I'd rather Jones or Hajek.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Ahh fuck that's right, Nemeth is back. 

I wonder if this is sort of a showcase for Schneider to increase trade value? Or possibly to see if he fits as a replacement for Miller if his name is being asked for in trades. I’m psyched he is here but realistically, our D size isn’t bad. 
Tinordi 6’6

Nemeth 6’4

Miller 6’4

Trouba 6’3

Hajek 6’3

Schneider 6’2
Lindgren 6’1

Fox 5’11

Lundkvist 5’11

Jones 5’10