• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers, Strome Talking Extension

Phil

6 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Zib is obviously not gonna be traded the same summer his 8 year extension kicks in just because he's looked bad against Crosby for 3 games. Come on.

They do need to change up the top 6, and they will. Kreider, Mika and Bread are probably the only three from the current top 6 to come back, maybe one of Strome or Copp. We'll have 2 or 3 open spots in the top 6, one should be for Laf, who's shown he's capable of mixing it up and not just being a perimeter passer like the rest. The last spot or two we'll find by UFA or trade.

We also need a 3rd or 4th line that's defensively capable that we can put out on a D-zone draw against the oponents top teams. We're using our 1st line as a shutdown-line and it's not working. That should be the 3rd or 4th line. Injuries fucked us here, because a "4th line" of Motte - Goodrow - Blais/Rooney/Hunt/Reaves would be perfect for this.

Might as well send out another letter telling the fans that the goal of a Stanley cup is not the mission.  The mission is to win the President's trophy.  If anyone thinks changing the top 6 by changing Vatrano and the rw on the Panarin line will do shit they are high.  The problem is not Vatrano on that line right now.  The problem is not Copp on that line right now.

It's not unthinkable or impossible;e to move on from Zib.  To be worried about UFA's not signing is horeseshit.  1 players will come for the money.  2. Zib has a little responsibility for his complete lack of compete that forced that hand.  Sure he can fight a trade, he may want to leave after this embarrassment.  I would.  I would want to go hide in a cave if I was him.  It's literally his competitive spirt being questioned at this point.  I know you can't say this today but his manhood.  Show some life for fucks sake.  Get mad.  At this point do something stupid and get suspended, anything.  Do a Ned Braden and start stripping.  Do something, anything that shows you're alive.  It's fucking pathetic.  

• Applause 1

On 5/11/2022 at 3:16 PM, G1000 said:

Let's take stock of Panarin as a playoff ghost and also a point-per-game player in the playoffs, because those two things seem pretty incompatible.

I was listening to Friedman talking about Panarin and the Strome line and thought it was interesting he had the exact same take as me.

Namely that yes, the production is there. The underlying numbers are decent. But your eyes tell you they're really ineffective and, at times, a downright liability. And that is very consistent over a sample of 13 playoff games. It's difficult to make sense of and really doesn't jive, but it's certainly there.  

Edited by Gravesy
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 7:09 AM, Gravesy said:

I was listening to Friedman talking about Panarin and the Strome line and thought it was interesting he had the exact same take as me.

Namely that yes, the production is there. The underlying numbers are decent. But your eyes tell you they're really ineffective and, at times, a downright liability. And that is very consistent over a sample of 13 playoff games. It's difficult to make sense of and really doesn't jive, but it's certainly there.  

Or maybe they're just 2 guys who make pretty plays, but in the playoffs they pretty plays disappear and all that's left is the production.