• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

"Buchnevich Will Never Pace Almost a P/GP Again — it was a Contract Year"

The Dude

42 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Maybe we can just enjoy watching this team grow for a change instead of being hell bent over former players

Don't kid yourself, there are people here who'd rather see Carolina win a cup than the Rangers. 

Can't make a cake with one ingredient.  I wish the Buch man well, and hope he has a great career, but we need guys that can last through a playoff grind, and he doesn't strike me as THAT type of guy.  I may be wrong, but I'll take a few players like Hunt, Blais, Goodrow and Reaves to stir into the mix.

If history is any teacher at all, those Matteau/Noonan/Kypreos/Kocur guys have their place on a playoff roster.... a successful playoff team's roster.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Can't make a cake with one ingredient.  I wish the Buch man well, and hope he has a great career, but we need guys that can last through a playoff grind, and he doesn't strike me as THAT type of guy.  I may be wrong, but I'll take a few players like Hunt, Blais, Goodrow and Reaves to stir into the mix.

If history is any teacher at all, those Matteau/Noonan/Kypreos/Kocur guys have their place on a playoff roster.... a successful playoff team's roster.

Ozzy getting all Wolfgang puck in here 

• LOL 1

38 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

I'm not gonna cry about any of the players we lost over the last three years when the team is the best they've been since 2016. 

Pretty spot on. Shoulda, coulda, woulda doesn’t apply anymore. What we “shoulda” be is enjoying our team being relevant and in a great spot early into the season. 

57 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

I'm not gonna cry about any of the players we lost over the last three years when the team is the best they've been since 2016. 

Not sure I'm as sold on the team as you are, but agree with the sentiment of "who cares who's not here".

Players getting paid contracts we couldn't afford here, players excelling in roles they wouldn't be in here, none of it matters because it was never gonna happen here. 

But we're sitting on 7 million in cap space, so they essentially shuffled the deck chairs, and ended up short an important chair. That's the bulk of the argument. People understand players leave, they've pretty much moved every player I actually liked over the past 10 months, it's the ROI that his the issue. It's actually so bad that I can't even get that angry because it makes me laugh every time I think about it. It's hilarious.

Edited by Dunny
  • Keeps it 100 1

6 minutes ago, Dunny said:

But we're sitting on 7 million in cap space, so they essentially shuffled the deck chairs, and ended up short an important chair. That's the bulk of the argument. People understand players leave, they've pretty much moved every player I actually liked over the past 10 months, it's the ROI that his the issue. It's actually so bad that I can't even get that angry because it makes me laugh every time I think about it. It's hilarious.

But that's not what this thread is. That topic has been litigated. 

This thread was an attempt at some kind of "told you so" until math got in the way. 

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

In theory I get what you are saying, but the Buch part just doesn’t fly here. I’d honestly rather have the cap space and be where we are right now than be up against the cap with no flexibility. We have space to bring on a rental (Reilly smith) or a replacement JT Miller’) that would also deepen us for this year before we inevitably lose Strome. This upcoming offseason. 
  At best you were going to arb with him and losing him after this year anyway. Unless I’m forgetting that he didn’t have arb rights. Point doesn’t really change regardless because his cap implications going past this season. 

• TroCheckmark 1

• Phil changed the title to "Buchnevich Will Never Pace Almost a P/GP Again — it was a Contract Year"

No, last year was the anomaly. The career year in a walk year. Happens all the time. He's a 50-point player. Which is exactly what he's trending right now.

And 17 games is a small sample size. Kreider is on pace for nearly 65 goals. Think he'll get there, too?