• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

"Buchnevich Will Never Pace Almost a P/GP Again — it was a Contract Year"

The Dude

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

? I did.

Buchnevich salary is equal to Goodrow and Nemeth combined,  with "about" (sensitive word for you) a million savings.  Take them out. Put him in.. Not sure how you don't understand that that's what I was saying. 

I talked about the roster it would be in 22. It would maybe be without Strome, but it's looking like that's the case as is. Maybe re-read it??? Or I'll go back and edit??

Yeah, let's just totally ignore the fact that the goal was to be harder to play against...and Buch is more of the same. That's why he was easy to walk away from.

The issue with the deal is not that we sent him packing, it's that we didn't get a first rounder back.

But either way he was never going to be here this year. 

Also at this time of this post he was "almost" a point per game and "almost" a 35 point player... By your definition of almost.

It was a hot take and you got burned.

• VINNY! 2

1 hour ago, ThirtyONE said:

Boooooooo!

Why do we have so many threads about players "we should have kept?" Who the fuck cares? What are you trying to prove, that you should be GM? That you were right over the summer? 

I said this about Reaves but it's relevant here too: nobody remembers nor gives a shit about anybody's summer takes. Which means that nobody remembers or cares about them now. 

To build a point off of "almost" is even more cringeworthy and make it even less salient. 

It's almost like there are fans who would rather the team be bad so they can wag their finger in the faces of the internet -- as if that would mean anything. The team's fun. Just enjoy what you have and stop trying to point out "I told you so" moments.

This x’s infinity 

3 hours ago, ThirtyONE said:

Boooooooo!

Why do we have so many threads about players "we should have kept?" Who the fuck cares? What are you trying to prove, that you should be GM? That you were right over the summer? 

I said this about Reaves but it's relevant here too: nobody remembers nor gives a shit about anybody's summer takes. Which means that nobody remembers or cares about them now. 

To build a point off of "almost" is even more cringeworthy and make it even less salient. 

It's almost like there are fans who would rather the team be bad so they can wag their finger in the faces of the internet -- as if that would mean anything. The team's fun. Just enjoy what you have and stop trying to point out "I told you so" moments.

You Are Wrong Win GIF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThirtyONE said:

Boooooooo!

Ohhh calm down. You guys are way too serious about EVERYTHING.  Jesus. 

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

"No one cares" you say, while you're one of the top posters in this thread lol

Its a thread under "around the league" no one forces you to read here and especially not comment more than anyone, but still, here you are.

Yep.

Here the Rangers are,one of the top teams in the league, and we got folks pulling receipts that don't matter.

So no one cares what Buch does because we couldn't afford him anyway. It literally does not matter one bit. Except for people's egos, I guess. 

Totally a botched deal by the Rangers and of course it's going to get more scrutiny by the fans thanks to the fact that Buchy's doing so well. But what the fuck can you do, win some, lose some. Dude did a solid job while he was with the Rangers, fan and locker room favorite so all you can do is wish him the best with his new team. Don't get this never ending analysis-paralysis with deals that went bad. 

I would've liked to keep Buchnevich too, but he's unfortunately a luxury we simply couldn't afford, I still feel.

A lot of us begged for a grittier, tougher and less "perimeter" type team, and for good reason.  The standings I believe reflect this to some degree.  I agree with Sharpy that it looks worse now because Blais went down for the year, and that's just a shame because I think he'd have been a good fit right about now, after playing 1/3 of the season with his linemates.  Add in the bullshit with Kravvy and it looks even worse, but I'll still go with the deal we made, because it was for a character player that was aimed to fill a pretty big hole with grit, toughness, size, and strength....and we got a #2 for this season which may even be used to help fill even more holes in the lineup, or used as currency at the deadline to make a run at it.

I continue to wish Buch the best, and I hope he has a great career....but I still feel he'd have been a redundant player on this Rangers team.

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

We're nowhere near the cap for this season. 

However, we did get a 25 year old who has 17 goals in 135 NHL games, and a scratch ticket. Pretty good return for a top 6 stalwart.

Unrelated, but we're looking for a top 6 winger.

Capture.PNG

Literally no space beyond this season. And who knows how much worse the return would've gotten knowing how in a bind we would have been for cap space after next season.

We've seen what teams are trading to clear cap space. This was necessary asset management for the future.

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • Cheers 1

Pretty sure Blais would be doing better than Hunt in that role and we probably wouldn't be looking for a winger.

Also we haven't gotten into the what if Buch was here, then Kakko is on line 2 where he's Kakka, nor did they know at the time of the trade that Krav would be on round 2 of being a bitch boi. 

Everything went the way it was supposed to go except for the return on the trade.

But he was never going to be here this year, and even if he was it wouldn't matter cuz he wasn't going to be here next year. He's not the guy that's going to make or break our fortunes this season. 

• Keeps it 100 3