• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

"Buchnevich Will Never Pace Almost a P/GP Again — it was a Contract Year"

The Dude

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Who cares?

Don’t worry, you can post in the Strome one next year. 

I l don’t mind keeping track of some former players. I think the original post was made in ill will but whatever. Buch is a nice story and his success doesn’t affect us in any way, except of the return which is in hindsight since Blais was good and we saved necessary cap room. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Oh shut up. What alternate real hockey world did this nonsense happen? More alternative math. Fucking LIAR.

I get your notion but realistically, we couldn’t afford to keep Buch. If you plug Buch’s contract into our team now, that means next year we have under 5m cap space going into an offseason where we lose 2c, backup goalie, and still need to bridge Kakko. There is also a problem if Gauthier keeps developing. 
Even if you replaced Geo with a sub 2m backup, you aren’t bridging Kakko, keeping Gaut, and getting any sort of center. 

It was a salary dump, plain and simple. The only mistake the Rangers made was not getting a bit more which likely only happens if they move him during last season. Flat cap. It sucks. 

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

I get your notion but realistically, we couldn’t afford to keep Buch. If you plug Buch’s contract into our team now, that means next year we have under 5m cap space going into an offseason where we lose 2c, backup goalie, and still need to bridge Kakko. There is also a problem if Gauthier keeps developing. 
Even if you replaced Geo with a sub 2m backup, you aren’t bridging Kakko, keeping Gaut, and getting any sort of center. 

It was a salary dump, plain and simple. The only mistake the Rangers made was not getting a bit more which likely only happens if they move him during last season. Flat cap. It sucks. 

If you don't sign Nemeth and Goodrow, (heck throw in ditching Georgiev), you can keep Buchnevich. They are currently in the market for a Buchnevich. There were ways to do it, but people prioritized this perceived need of harder to play against players to sprinkle throughout the lineup.  But it came full circle to using the exact same lines as last year (sans Buchnevich), just with a new 4th line that has ONLY RECENTLY made a difference.  

We have the same team as last year, only with a worse playing defense and in the market for a solid 2 way forward to plug into the top line... Oh and the goalie is playing up to his capabilities.. 

8 hours ago, Phil said:

He's on pace for 50-something points. "Almost" is doing a fuck load of heavy lifting any time you use it.

By that logic, I'm almost a millionaire.

Until he has another 2 or 3 point game. Jesus with you. He's playing pretty fucking good. Why the "Nothing to see here" attitude and being so fucking literal with the words "almost a point per game". Holy fuck. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Until he has another 2 or 3 point game. Jesus with you. He's playing pretty fucking good. Why the "Nothing to see here" attitude and being so fucking literal with the words "almost a point per game". Holy fuck. 

You started a sneering "I told you so," thread and are upset people are holding you to your exact phrasing? You're being met with the same bad faith you came into this with.

And for the millionth time, the issue was never his play, or his pay, it was the years. Pretend he never left. Pretend they gave him that exact contract. Now show me your roster for 2022 and beyond.

They could never afford him long-term. Ever. Still can't.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

You started a sneering "I told you so," thread and are upset people are holding you to your exact phrasing? You're being met with the same bad faith you came into this with.

And for the millionth time, the issue was never his play, or his pay, it was the years. Pretend he never left. Pretend they gave him that exact contract. Now show me your roster for 2022 and beyond.

They could never afford him long-term. Ever. Still can't.

Exact phrasing was ALMOST. Who fucking quantifies the word almost? You do. For what? The post was the mostly in jest, but of course since you have a differing opinion you get to take shots and say I use alternative world math or some shit. 

As I stated. Don't sign Nemeth Goodrow and fuck it, Tinordi. Dump Georgiev. You fit his 5.8 mil cap hit (possibly less if they bothered to negotiate). Use Hajek or prospect as your 6th. Use Barron, Use Kinkaid. . You're essentially where we are now with the cap. Nevermind saving on Reaves if you want more space.

It was very doable.  Just didn't fit the "let's overpay mediocre lower line players" mantra everyone got on board with over the summer. 

20- 93- 89

10- 16- 24

13- 72- 15/74

17- Barron- dogshit/Reaves/Hunt

55-23

79-8

25- 27

31- Kinkaid

That's this year.

With a year under his belt,  you can hopefully slide Barron up to 3C if  Strome can't be brought back and use Chytil as 2 C... You know.. like what the plan seems to be right now anyway. 

You'd rather-  not develop Barron and have Goodrow, Nemeth, Tinordi, Hunt, Reaves and Georgiev. 

I'd rather- develop Barron,  have Buchnevich, use prospects and Hajek as the 6th D, and I guess go with Hunt or Reaves. 

I don't value Goodrow like you do. I dislike Nemeth greatly.  That money right there is tied up for the years you question.  I'd rather it go to a contributing offensive player who brings just as much grit and attitude if not more. 

We good? It works. 

Edited by The Dude

No, we're not good, because you're answering a question I didn't ask. I asked you to show me your 2022 Rangers roster with the Buchnevich deal undone. Just that deal. Because that's the reality of where we are, or where we would be. You don't have to like what they did. We're well aware of how much you don't.

My point is that they could never afford him beyond one more season. Under almost any circumstance. Even yours, because all you're doing is finding a way to fit him THIS year, when I very clearly said 2022.

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

No, we're not good, because you're answering a question I didn't ask. I asked you to show me your 2022 Rangers roster with the Buchnevich deal undone. Just that deal. Because that's the reality of where we are, or where we would be. You don't have to like what they did. We're well aware of how much you don't.

My point is that they could never afford him beyond one more season. Under almost any circumstance. Even yours, because all you're doing is finding a way to fit him THIS year, when I very clearly said 2022.

? I did.

Buchnevich salary is equal to Goodrow and Nemeth combined,  with "about" (sensitive word for you) a million savings.  Take them out. Put him in.. Not sure how you don't understand that that's what I was saying. 

I talked about the roster it would be in 22. It would maybe be without Strome, but it's looking like that's the case as is. Maybe re-read it??? Or I'll go back and edit??

Edited by The Dude

It comes down to Buch being a salary dump, their wasn't any long term plan for him since at the time of the trade the Rangers were thought to be deep down the right side, with the addition of Blais, Goodrow, Hunt, Reavo, having Kakko, and the thought that Kravtsov was going to take one of the RW spots.  

Goodrow was to beef up the Rangers in the bottom 6 AND to bring a winning attitude to the team, something that has been sorely lacking the last few years.  He's a winner which the Rangers didn't have much of before they signed Goodrow

Boooooooo!

Why do we have so many threads about players "we should have kept?" Who the fuck cares? What are you trying to prove, that you should be GM? That you were right over the summer? 

I said this about Reaves but it's relevant here too: nobody remembers nor gives a shit about anybody's summer takes. Which means that nobody remembers or cares about them now. 

To build a point off of "almost" is even more cringeworthy and make it even less salient. 

It's almost like there are fans who would rather the team be bad so they can wag their finger in the faces of the internet -- as if that would mean anything. The team's fun. Just enjoy what you have and stop trying to point out "I told you so" moments.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 5