• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

"Buchnevich Will Never Pace Almost a P/GP Again — it was a Contract Year"

The Dude

17 hours ago, Phil said:

Botched trade. Shit happens. Hindsight is always 20-20.

Maybe in a bubble.

Team doesn't need the offense. And they dont need more guys locked into long deals taking ice time away from Kakko, Lafreniere and Kravtsov (regardless of hindsight with those situations) 

1 hour ago, josh said:

Maybe in a bubble.

Team doesn't need the offense. And they dont need more guys locked into long deals taking ice time away from Kakko, Lafreniere and Kravtsov (regardless of hindsight with those situations) 

Oh I'm not saying I wouldn't do it again. I don't miss Buchnevich. I just think they botched the trade.

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

You should miss him, they're giving his minutes to Dryden Hunt lol.

I miss having a better player. I don't care about Buchnevich, though, and he was always going to be on the outside no matter what. I resigned myself to that well before the trade.

• TroCheckmark 1

On 12/24/2021 at 1:28 PM, CCCP said:

must be the coach

The top 3 lines are exactly the same as last year, minus Buchnevich, adding Hunt. 4th line has 2 new faces, and they aren't contributing much. The 3rd pairing on D is different and not really very good. 

Same roster. Different coach. Better results so far 

They're beating who they're supposed to. They are getting their asses kicked by top Western Division teams, and haven't faced a top Eastern team in months. 

If the roster is essentially the same, and the lines and pairings remained the same.....

It's either the coach or EVERYBODY ELSE  has gotten worse.. 

There's also the factor of our goalie carrying the team when healthy.. Probably the biggest factor. 

The meat and potatoes guys that were brought in haven't exactly been a factor. PK Subban sends his regards. 

Edited by The Dude

On 12/24/2021 at 2:29 PM, josh said:

Maybe in a bubble.

Why not? What have they done with that icetime? One isn't even HERE. 

Why would you NOT want a productive player locked up? He signed a 4 year deal. Is that "long term"? 

Buchnevich is more than just offense.  Hes solid defensively, plays with an edge and is still young! 

Kakko and Lafreniere are being given roles they aren't up to task for. This was obvious LAST year, and to top it off Drury drove Kravtsov back to Russia in a time they needed to keep all hands on deck to try to patch the whole left by Buchnevich.

If Drury didn't have to be a douche and make the sensitive situation worse, and Kravtsov was here, I wouldn't be as bothered. He's pretty much damaged goods and isn't likely to play for the Rangers again.

Choosing 2 underperforming top picks to fill in on the top 2 lines (after Panarin was vocal about not wanting to play with Kakko) then fucking with option 3, is just bad management. 4 years at under 6 mill for a top 6 forward that came from within is the move you make especially after the season he had. 

Lafreniere and Kakko being top picks would normally be a factor in not signing Buchnevich.  But they were BOTH disappointments from the get go. Had they stepped in and did what many expected (play reasonably well if not like allstars), you'd have a point. 

If Kakko and Lafreniere ARENT  top tier players (it doesn't look like it's going to happen... again), why are we concerned with giving them top minutes? Why even keep them? I'd have traded one of THEM. As of now it looks pretty clear to me that Buchnevich is a better all around player than both of them. Looked that way last year too, so it's not any kind of hindsight.