• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#16) Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens — Bunch of Guys Eat Poutine

Drew a Penalty

We’re enough games in now to be convinced that this is fundamentally a different team. And I have to credit the off-season additions because we’re not seeing revelations from existing players here except maybe kreider. We have a bottom 6 for the first time in years, we have a guy in goodrow who plays a very different brand of hockey than we’ve ever had here, and we have a third pair defense that can actually skate a few minutes. Are we better? I don’t know, but there is undeniably something different about these guys from last year 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Valriera said:

We’re enough games in now to be convinced that this is fundamentally a different team. And I have to credit the off-season additions because we’re not seeing revelations from existing players here except maybe kreider. We have a bottom 6 for the first time in years, we have a guy in goodrow who plays a very different brand of hockey than we’ve ever had here, and we have a third pair defense that can actually skate a few minutes. Are we better? I don’t know, but there is undeniably something different about these guys from last year 

And we actually have a NHL-caliber coach.

More jumped out at me in this game about Montreal than the Rangers.  They were as bad as you see in the NHL in the first period, completely listless and being skated around.  Then, after the Rangers went up 2-1 in the second, we saw something like the team from last year's playoffs the rest of the way - fast, attacking and creating chances both off the rush and during high pressure offensive zone sequences.  Fortunately, the Rangers did a pretty good job defending against it and came out with a win.

Now, let's just see what Gauthier can do over an extended period, without healthy scratches.

I feared that Chytil would come back from an injury flat, like last year.  My fears were certainly allayed.

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

What a stud.

full value for the 1.75m so far for me, brought swagger and toughness to the team (which matters) and has been a very solid and dependable player on the fourth line which is light years better than we've ever had.

Edited by Valriera

Guess what, fellas!!!  Another night and another big "W"!! 

........And here are the Top 6 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Everlast...The official sponsor of my man, Ryan Reaves:

13 hours ago, josh said:

Trivia: ozzy 

You knew that was making it here!!!  LOL

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

It’s going to be dude with a strange name like Lefty McBumpy or something 

12 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

If they couldn't score on that last one, they need to consult their shaman or voodoo priest.

12 hours ago, Winter said:

all the people Reaves should of beat up this year he goes after some grocery bagger!

11 hours ago, josh said:

I hope Pete calls you a cunt soon. 

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

I’d rather see a heat map of where the players have skated rather than how many miles they skated lol 

....And our winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Winter, who took the words right out of a few of our mouths with that one!!  ...Been waitin' all year for that one!!! ...glad I wasn't disappointed!!

High Five Friends GIF by IMDb TV

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Full video for context. Fucking love this man.

Move over boss!!  I was first!!!  LOL

I really was thrilled to get him here.....maybe a couple years late, but still.  He's definitely a much needed breath of fresh air.  He's also playing rather well on that 4th line!!

9 hours ago, Valriera said:

Out of this world goaltending can mask a lot of suckage

Just now, CCCP said:

Out of this world goaltending can mask a lot of suckage

Yep. We’ve lived it before. I have no issues with it especially early in the season. Confidence grows outward from that and can only lead to better and better production. Kakko, Laf, even Lundkvist all look more confident right now than they did 3 or 4 weeks ago. Miller too for that matter. Ride the wave!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Cause he fought a minor leaguer when he was challenged?  The guy is three hits per game away from being useless waste of a roster spot

It's been a long ass time since we've had a guy with this much "swag".  When Reaves walks into a room, his dick has already been there 5 minutes before him!  This guy's a true heavyweight, and what's more is that he knows the time and place to pick his spots.  Not to mention playing fairly effective 4th line minutes for us.

I was pissed about Blais too, and he's right, that fucking pansy PK would've NEVER fought Reaves.  All he would've done is take a penalty and maybe cost us the game.  PK ain't goin' no place and we still have to play them a few more times.

I'll bet Subban runs like a little bitch every time we play them going forward.  Nice little head game to play with that dirty fucker, and I'll bet his effectiveness when we play them again is minimal....if he even lasts through the next game!!

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Yep. We’ve lived it before. I have no issues with it especially early in the season. Confidence grows outward from that and can only lead to better and better production. Kakko, Laf, even Lundkvist all look more confident right now than they did 3 or 4 weeks ago. Miller too for that matter. Ride the wave!

We were totally dominated in more games than not so far. Yes, i like that the team seems to be progressing and i like how kakko looked thus far. Trouba looked very good lately too. Still it feels a little like a fluke

6 minutes ago, CCCP said:

I expected Reeves to take on Wilson, just like everyone else. I expected him to stick up for his teammates. I expected him to be a deterrent. Has he done any of it other than being a clown?

If he'd headshot Subban and get a 5 minute major that made them lose the game you would be pissed aswell. I understand that you may want him to do more, but he's being smart about it aswell. We play Wilson and Subban many times, why go for it right away? Let it be in the back of their heads for a while before going for the kill. Just like a predator.

And how is he being a clown? The team seems to love him, the coach love him, the media loves him, most of the fanbase loves him. Just bacause you don't like his attitude he's a clown?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2