• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#16) Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens — Bunch of Guys Eat Poutine

Drew a Penalty

that grocery bagger by today's standards fights a lot in the AHL, and he asked to go trying to make a name for himself at this level. It didn't work out well for carrot top as Keirk so accurately named him.  Reaves is a solid 4th liner who clearly is trusted by Gallant and I wouldn't write off him taking a run at Subban and Wilson before the end of the year. Clearly Subban will never fight him, he would turtle within a split second but based on the game situation etc. it maybe ok for Reaves to take the extra PIMS to ragdoll him all over the ice like the POS he is.  

3 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I have no idea what you're seeing. This is the best the fourth line has functioned since 2015.

Rolling 4 lines last night ate up plenty of clock last night in that 3rd period.  ...I should say, "trusted" lines....but yeah, Drew.  I like what I see on that bottom 6 just as much.

Blais was just getting his game together too!  Fucking shame!

This is the most effective 4th line this team has had since their cup runs. Yea Reavo is slow, thankfully we are not relying on him for end to end rushes. He has been getting the job done in terms of dump and chase (and destroy)  he's a physical beast, and has brought a swagger to the team that I havent seen in a long time either. I know some of you pine for the glory days of Brett Howden on the 4th line but I am not exactly sure whats not to like about the current iteration. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, siddious said:

This is the most effective 4th line this team has had since their cup runs. Yea Reavo is slow, thankfully we are not relying on him for end to end rushes. He has been getting the job done in terms of dump and chase (and destroy)  he's a physical beast, and has brought a swagger to the team that I havent seen in a long time either. I know some of you pine for the glory days of Brett Howden on the 4th line but I am not exactly sure whats not to like about the current iteration. 

Great music for Reaves highlights:  Seek & Destroy!  Good call Nasty!  You just won yourself a beer and a shot for our next "Bar Room Brotherhood"!!

• Thanks 1

Hunt - Rooney - Reaves is pretty blah. If we saw that line listed for a 4th line for an opponent we would be licking our lips.

I dont see this line as a tone setter. Sure, theyll have 1 or 2 shifts a game where they are in the offensive zone, but I cant remember a single scoring chance that line has had. Rooney scored once. McKegg and Reaves still with 0 points, all minus players.

There have certainly been games where this line was a detriment. I dont expect a 4th line to score every game, but they need to contribute. They arent hard to play against either. Sure, Reaves throws a hit, but the majority of the game he's chasing the puck. He looks like a 7 year old that hasnt figured out that he'll never catch up when the guys pass the puck around.

I think the 4th line will be much better once they move Goodrow there, and Reaves isnt an every-day player.

I dont know what this means, but I am going to say its not great.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20212022&thruseason=20212022&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=NYR&vteam=ALL&view=wowy&loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=2021-10-12&td=2022-04-29&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8478211&p2=8475735&p3=8471817&p4=0&p5=0

27 minutes ago, josh said:

Hunt - Rooney - Reaves is pretty blah. If we saw that line listed for a 4th line for an opponent we would be licking our lips.

I dont see this line as a tone setter. Sure, theyll have 1 or 2 shifts a game where they are in the offensive zone, but I cant remember a single scoring chance that line has had. Rooney scored once. McKegg and Reaves still with 0 points, all minus players.

There have certainly been games where this line was a detriment. I dont expect a 4th line to score every game, but they need to contribute. They arent hard to play against either. Sure, Reaves throws a hit, but the majority of the game he's chasing the puck. He looks like a 7 year old that hasnt figured out that he'll never catch up when the guys pass the puck around.

I think the 4th line will be much better once they move Goodrow there, and Reaves isnt an every-day player.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20212022&thruseason=20212022&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=NYR&vteam=ALL&view=wowy&loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=2021-10-12&td=2022-04-29&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8478211&p2=8475735&p3=8471817&p4=0&p5=0

Why are you linking McKegg with Reaves and Hunt instead of Rooney? 

Here: Link

Most of their stats besides GA, SCF, and CF are positive. They have a higher xGF and HDCF% despite having 2 GA and 0 GF as a line. What these stats tell is that while they get "outshot", the quality of their chances exceed those of the opposition they're up against. That line also has a combined 13 penalties drawn which is the highest on the team. They're annoying to play against for the opposition and while they face "shots" they're either blocked, miss or are of lower danger than the attempts they're creating. 

This is a good 4th line and they'll only get better.

• Applause 3

1 hour ago, siddious said:

35 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Great music for Reaves highlights:  Seek & Destroy!  Good call Nasty!  You just won yourself a beer and a shot for our next "Bar Room Brotherhood"!!

35 minutes ago, josh said:

As an upgrade I’d like to see hunt replaced at some point but I don’t have an issue with him. Hasnt been good but hasn’t been bad either. 

32 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Why are you linking McKegg with Reaves and Hunt instead of Rooney? 

Here: Link

Most of their stats besides GA, SCF, and CF are positive. They have a higher xGF and HDCF% despite having 2 GA and 0 GF as a line. What these stats tell is that while they get "outshot", the quality of their chances exceed those of the opposition they're up against. That line also has a combined 13 penalties drawn which is the highest on the team. They're annoying to play against for the opposition and while they face "shots" they're either blocked, miss or are of lower danger than the attempts they're creating. 

This is a good 4th line and they'll only get better.

McKegg/Rooney doesnt matter - the stats for w/ & w/o still show up. Its the same statistics.

out shot, out scored.

What scoring chances? They dont get scoring chances.

It's better than DiGipetto and Brendan Smith. and I think the line will be better once they sort out the lines. But I'm still not using "good" for this line. There's a ton of room for... anything and everything.

26 minutes ago, siddious said:

As an upgrade I’d like to see hunt replaced at some point but I don’t have an issue with him. Hasnt been good but hasn’t been bad either. 

I'd move Hunt up. He's not a 4th line kinda grinder. He'll hit. But he skates around with the puck and no one gets open. He eventually takes a bad shot and the other team gets the puck and goes the other way.

Should have had a combination of Blais, Goodrow, Reaves, and Rooney. That would have a much bigger identity than the current 4th line.

Just now, josh said:

I'd move Hunt up. He's not a 4th line kinda grinder. He'll hit. But he skates around with the puck and no one gets open. He eventually takes a bad shot and the other team gets the puck and goes the other way.

Should have had a combination of Blais, Goodrow, Reaves, and Rooney. That would have a much bigger identity than the current 4th line.

If Goodrow is on our 4th line things are probably going very well- so yes I agree.

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

If Goodrow is on our 4th line things are probably going very well- so yes I agree.

Not only that, but he doesnt need 1st or 2nd line minutes for a ton of reasons. He PKs and plays an important defensive role at the end of the game, and takes a few additional faceoffs here and there. It's important to keep him fresh for those, as well as hopefully keep him healthy for the entire season. He'd also add a lot to that line with his defensive abilities.

• Like 1

Just now, josh said:

Not only that, but he doesnt need 1st or 2nd line minutes for a ton of reasons. He PKs and plays an important defensive role at the end of the game, and takes a few additional faceoffs here and there. It's important to keep him fresh for those, as well as hopefully keep him healthy for the entire season. He'd also add a lot to that line with his defensive abilities.

Incidentally I was just thinking how much Goodrow has grown on me since the first few games. Over paid? yes probably but hardly a guy I am ever going to complain about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Incidentally I was just thinking how much Goodrow has grown on me since the first few games. Over paid? yes probably but hardly a guy I am ever going to complain about.

Holik was a very good player, too.

38 minutes ago, josh said:

McKegg/Rooney doesnt matter - the stats for w/ & w/o still show up. Its the same statistics.

out shot, out scored.

What scoring chances? They dont get scoring chances.

It's better than DiGipetto and Brendan Smith. and I think the line will be better once they sort out the lines. But I'm still not using "good" for this line. There's a ton of room for... anything and everything.

What do you mean Rooney/McKegg doesn't matter? Yes it does. They're not the same player. Their contributions aren't equivalent.

What scoring chances? The ones that NaturalStatTrick literally says they get.