• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

I'll believe the top 6 potential when it actually happens. They can expect all they want. I can expect to hit the lottery I rarely play too.

Crazy how they misjudged the character of two top picks so close together and have found themselves in this position again.

Edited by jsrangers

9 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

I think that if the Rangers are expecting top 6 talent in return; this is Drury's way of telling Kravtsov to go sh*t in his hat if he thinks he is getting out of here that easily. 

Or it's Drury knowing he's still a great asset.

14 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Yeah this is personal. Clearly.

Yup.  And whatever this situation is, the organization better figure out what is going wrong because this is now two European prospects that basically told us to go fuck ourselves for whatever reason in similar fashion. I don’t know about you but I’m not too keen on two first rounders in a fairly short window being absolutely wasted leaving everyone scratching their head. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

I would do that trade in literally a NY minute.

Same age, plays center(fills a need), almost same production across a larger sample size, relationship with Laf; do it Drury! 

It's not a terrible trade, but what does it do for the Rangers?

Rangers arent in a situation to make a swap trade for 2 guys that need a change of scenery. If they are making a trade, its either at a steep discount to unload him, or its to upgrade on the current roster. It wouldnt make sense bringing in an AHL C that wouldnt be on the team in the foreseeable future. And if he is on the team soon, then you'd be trading Strome or Chytil. So unless you are upgrading, you are taking a huge hit moving this guy.

37 minutes ago, josh said:

It's not a terrible trade, but what does it do for the Rangers?

Rangers arent in a situation to make a swap trade for 2 guys that need a change of scenery. If they are making a trade, its either at a steep discount to unload him, or its to upgrade on the current roster. It wouldnt make sense bringing in an AHL C that wouldnt be on the team in the foreseeable future. And if he is on the team soon, then you'd be trading Strome or Chytil. So unless you are upgrading, you are taking a huge hit moving this guy.

Strome has no extension yet. He may not get one. We don't know.

1 hour ago, josh said:

wait, so he thinks he's a top 6 guy. isnt, demoted.

But they want a top 6 return.

Cant make this shit up

"Potential for top 6 talent"...

Yes when someone intentionally 

cherry picks something we can all read right there, you can't make it up...

49 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

And lol at "expecting potential top 6 talent" for a guy they didn't find better than Hunt and Gauthier.

Sounds like they don't think VK is playing up to his talent level, doesn't it?