• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Believed to be Asking for a First-Round Pick for Georgiev

Phil

Do you really think the animosity towards ADA isn't about politics? Do people really call hockey player's twats? Players they have never met and have no inside knowledge to how they interact with their teammates? They call them twats and hope for them to be crushed into next week when we play this player this season. There is literal hatred for this player. Why? What has this player done to garner such hatred? Something he did when he was 16 or 17 years old? A tweet? Because he got punched by our terrible back up goalie? What is it? Please somebody tell me why the hatred for ADA? [/Quote] You're right. Twat is over the line. I just felt like I was overusing "cunt". I could always revert back to that. Also, I hope Goodrow puts every defenseman we play against into the fifth row.

We all know the answer is politics. We all know the Rangers just didn't want to deal with a player who happened to speak out with an unpopular opinion. The NHL as a whole is bending over backwards to BLM just like every other big business. This is a hockey board and we should discuss hockey. However to dance around this issue like Pete and other's absolute hatred for somebody they have never met, no less even talked to can only by explained one way. Visit the politics thread on this board and you will know. Talk politics in this country and you will know. People are being canceled everywhere. ADA has been canceled. He was the player punched in the face. Nowhere else would somebody be justified for punching a coworker in the face over a disagreement and then find total blame with the one being punched.

[/Quote] You and "others" are literally the only people bringing up politics as it relates to ADA.

People keep asking what does that tell you about ADA? What it tells me is that there is a more powerful component determining his roster status. 4 games he played, 4 after resigning this past summer. 4 games after being a leading scorer among defenseman in this league. 4 games after proving he was a legitimate elite pp quarterback. He was set aside because he got punched by the back up goalie for telling the goalie "he sucks" which he does. While that isn't good behavior and should be dealt with by the coach. Do people really think that player's don't fight/argue within an NHL hockey locker room? Players get on one another all the time to call one another out to play better. [/Quote]What this should tell you is that it's not about a fight. You're just proving the point. It's about the fight, the bad penalties, the bad play, the bad takes on Twitter, and the general overall lack of respect for those in authority.

ADA is not without fault here, nobody is saying that. What I am saying is that the punishment does not fit the crime. The fact is this player was warned about his twitter account and told to lessen his social media footprint. He started a podcast instead. Nobody is telling any player on the left to lighten their twitter account. That is the point.

Correct, because none of the players on the left tweet dumb stuff like the denying covid and the Big Lie.

Then he proceeded to open a burner account and continuously flame the team, so seems like you folks are putting love of the player over support for the team, not sure I understand that.

Yup he's a cunt, twat and buffoon. Seems like logical names for a player you just want traded or released. You guys all got me, I'm the one that can't understand the nuances of why he's a cunt, twat, and buffoon. Yup, I typically look for 25 year high school drop outs for my political direction and model my life after, all because they can run a power play. You got it.

And you're right 2 periods into the season he's exiled for the bad penalties (1 penalty) and his bad play. He set up a burner account? You have proof of that?

You're right me and others are the only one's bringing up politics because that is obviously what put the Rangers over the top in releasing him. Plenty of guys take bad penalties.(strobe/Kreider). Plenty of guys play bad (Georgiev, Howden). Another player was involved in the fight(Geo, again). Nobody else has his twitter footprint. Lack of respect for authority? I don't know how you know that. Unless using your 1st amendment right to political expression and free speech is lack of respect for authority?

No one on the left gets called out for what they tweet because who in their right mind cares about what an uneducated professional athlete thinks? I certainly don't and I don't tweet or read tweets. I don't care what Hollywood celebs think either. They are mostly uneducated elites who play fantasy for a living.

You guys, the Rangers, and the NHL care about what he says as if Tony DeAngelo denying covid or pushing the Big Lie means a damn thing.

. How does that matter to locker room or how well he plays hockey?

• Like 1

Yup he's a cunt, twat and buffoon. Seems like logical names for a player you just want traded or released. You guys all got me, I'm the one that can't understand the nuances of why he's a cunt, twat, and buffoon. Yup, I typically look for 25 year high school drop outs for my political direction and model my life after, all because they can run a power play. You got it.

And you're right 2 periods into the season he's exiled for the bad penalties (1 penalty) and his bad play. He set up a burner account? You have proof of that?

You're right me and others are the only one's bringing up politics because that is obviously what put the Rangers over the top in releasing him. Plenty of guys take bad penalties.(strobe/Kreider). Plenty of guys play bad (Georgiev, Howden). Another player was involved in the fight(Geo, again). Nobody else has his twitter footprint. Lack of respect for authority? I don't know how you know that. Unless using your 1st amendment right to political expression and free speech is lack of respect for authority?

No one on the left gets called out for what they tweet because who in their right mind cares about what an uneducated professional athlete thinks? I certainly don't and I don't tweet or read tweets. I don't care what Hollywood celebs think either. They are mostly uneducated elites who play fantasy for a living.

You guys, the Rangers, and the NHL care about what he says as if Tony DeAngelo denying covid or pushing the Big Lie means a damn thing.

Explaining this to you over and over again is like running an ultramarathon through the Outback in the summer.

He's not getting bought out because of his tweets or his political leans, nothing in the first amendment protects you from the court of public opinion, he's got a long history of being an extremely problematic teammate, someone will pick him up and he will probably last for about 18 months there too, he's not cancelled, nobody cares about Georgiev's tweets because he doesn't have any, the impact on Georgiev is enough that he's also requested a trade, and nobody fucking cares about DeAngelo when we have objectively better defenders who aren't so bad at the off the ice stuff that they get kicked off the team and the new management still goes "nope, no dice". If he can't put the team first, bye.

If you want to follow teams that actually do punish their players for their political opinions, fucking follow Tony over to the KHL.

Yeah Seth Jones is fuckin Q Anon and he just got 9.5 for 8 years. The NHL is the LAST league that will ever ‘cancel’ guys for being right wing, or really anything if we’re being honest. MTL drafted a player who did something far worse than anything Tony deangelo dod

Tony DeAngelo is a distraction.

You can blame Georgiev for the incident. Fine. But if that was the only issue, it would’ve been forgotten already. DeAngelo has had locker room issues dating back to juniors.

If it smells like shit wherever you walk, check your shoes.

Who said you were getting political direction from ADA

And you're right 2 periods into the season he's exiled for the bad penalties (1 penalty) and his bad play.

Refer to the million times it's been said...say it with me...it was CUMULATIVE.

He set up a burner account? You have proof of that?

Yes. The proof is the tweets lmao.

You're right me and others are the only one's bringing up politics because that is obviously what put the Rangers over the top in releasing him. Plenty of guys take bad penalties.(strobe/Kreider). Plenty of guys play bad (Georgiev, Howden). Another player was involved in the fight(Geo, again). Nobody else has his twitter footprint.

Do you have proof it was for his politics? Let's hear it.

Lack of respect for authority? I don't know how you know that. Unless using your 1st amendment right to political expression and free speech is lack of respect for authority?

@Bugg posted it already.

don't change the subject. You said nobody on the left gets "censored" ... And I repeat, it's because they don't say dumb shit like COVID is a hoax and Trump won the election. Reply to that.

Who said he was a bad player? Get familiar with the term "the juice isn't worth the squeeze". It's heading the same way with Kuznetsov in WSH... When you become too much of a headache and not worth the effort, you get pushed out of town.

Yeah Seth Jones is fuckin Q Anon and he just got 9.5 for 8 years. The NHL is the LAST league that will ever ‘cancel’ guys for being right wing, or really anything if we’re being honest. MTL drafted a player who did something far worse than anything Tony deangelo dod

You can blame Georgiev for the incident. Fine. But if that was the only issue, it would’ve been forgotten already. DeAngelo has had locker room issues dating back to juniors.

New management, Geo getting traded, why not bring ADA back?

Simple answer... He's not worth the headache.

Best answer

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Who said you were getting political direction from ADA

Refer to the million times it's been said...say it with me...it was CUMULATIVE.

Yes. The proof is the tweets lmao.

Do you have proof it was for his politics? Let's hear it.

@Bugg posted it already.

don't change the subject. You said nobody on the left gets "censored" ... And I repeat, it's because they don't say dumb shit like COVID is a hoax and Trump won the election. Reply to that.

Who said he was a bad player? Get familiar with the term "the juice isn't worth the squeeze". It's heading the same way with Kuznetsov in WSH... When you become too much of a headache and not worth the effort, you get pushed out of town.

No they say Fidel Castro did some good too. They say that it's the US embargo that has led to the Cuban people's suffering. Or you have Lebron James and the NBA commissioner who doesn't want to heart about the concentration camps in China as to not lose that precious market. Yes you're right nobody on the left ever says anything stupid on twitter.

Only gonna say it once: don't turn this into a political soap box. This thread is getting dangerously close to politically grievance and that's not going to fly.

Keep up at your own peril.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No they say Fidel Castro did some good too. They say that it's the US embargo that has led to the Cuban people's suffering. Or you have Lebron James and the NBA commissioner who doesn't want to heart about the concentration camps in China as to not lose that precious market. Yes you're right nobody on the left ever says anything stupid on twitter.
So out of like 5 hockey related topics, this is what you're going with?

What about the rest of it?

Fox is on his third organization because his first two knew he would walk to come here anyway. Apples to oranges.

Then why did the Rangers even trade for him if it was a sure thing? Plus Calgary made a hockey trade when they moved him. Had nothing to do with the Rangers being the kids favorite team..

I'd say you're wrong here.

Do you really think the animosity towards ADA isn't about politics? Do people really call hockey player's twats? Players they have never met and have no inside knowledge to how they interact with their teammates? They call them twats and hope for them to be crushed into next week when we play this player this season. There is literal hatred for this player. Why? What has this player done to garner such hatred? Something he did when he was 16 or 17 years old? A tweet? Because he got punched by our terrible back up goalie? What is it? Please somebody tell me why the hatred for ADA?

We all know the answer is politics. We all know the Rangers just didn't want to deal with a player who happened to speak out with an unpopular opinion. The NHL as a whole is bending over backwards to BLM just like every other big business. This is a hockey board and we should discuss hockey. However to dance around this issue like Pete and other's absolute hatred for somebody they have never met, no less even talked to can only by explained one way. Visit the politics thread on this board and you will know. Talk politics in this country and you will know. People are being canceled everywhere. ADA has been canceled. He was the player punched in the face. Nowhere else would somebody be justified for punching a coworker in the face over a disagreement and then find total blame with the one being punched.

People keep asking what does that tell you about ADA? What it tells me is that there is a more powerful component determining his roster status. 4 games he played, 4 after resigning this past summer. 4 games after being a leading scorer among defenseman in this league. 4 games after proving he was a legitimate elite pp quarterback. He was set aside because he got punched by the back up goalie for telling the goalie "he sucks" which he does. While that isn't good behavior and should be dealt with by the coach. Do people really think that player's don't fight/argue within an NHL hockey locker room? Players get on one another all the time to call one another out to play better. ADA is not without fault here, nobody is saying that. What I am saying is that the punishment does not fit the crime. The fact is this player was warned about his twitter account and told to lessen his social media footprint. He started a podcast instead. Nobody is telling any player on the left to lighten their twitter account. That is the point.

In the minority here, but I agree with you. I feel it had a very VERY large part to do with it. It's a shame, but it's the world we live in today.

It stretches past hockey. I've lost a lot of long time friends over the past 2 years over politics. People really want to distance themselves from right leaning people. It apparently a bad look. I'll leave it at that.

Hopefully DeAngelo can rebrand himself and just be an athlete. I don't like my athletes, actors, or musicians talking about their liberal interests. So, I think some people have a right to say DeAngelo should just shut up. Some....

So.....a first seems to be a lil much. I wonder if they can move him at all. Maybe he will be a part of a deal involving Strome. He just doesn't seem like the reliable backup we need.

Lmao, nice icebreaker. I didn't know this thread took the direction it did. Sorry Phil, I didn't read the whole thread before I responded to Capt.

So.....a first seems to be a lil much. I wonder if they can move him at all. Maybe he will be a part of a deal involving Strome. He just doesn't seem like the reliable backup we need.

It makes sense to move him to Buffalo. They need to basically stockpile goalies. Didn't Ullmark already say he's not signing there? He was pretty good when he was healthy. Thing is, there seems to be a lot of options with goalies through UFA this year. We really might just have to wait and see who misses out on goalies they want.

Not getting a first from Buffalo for him. Or anywhere. But start the asking price high and whoever still finds themselves searching for a goalie after the UFA dust settles, maybe a mid-round pick and a roster player gets it done?>