• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Believed to be Asking for a First-Round Pick for Georgiev

Phil

St Georgiev.

Saint of ridding hockey teams of wins. Lord of defeating (locker room ) cancer with his fists. Famed for the legendary battle of the tunnel that made Saint Gorton (Saint of scouts honor) stay true to the apostles characteristics of staying true to his words.

St Georgiev.

Saint of ridding hockey teams of wins. Lord of defeating (locker room ) cancer with his fists. Famed for the legendary battle of the tunnel that made Saint Gorton (Saint of scouts honor) stay true to the apostles characteristics of staying true to his words.

Hated by teammates, yet they kept him and cut D'Angelo. That should tell you all you need to know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They never have an answer for this one.

Pretty simple. The Rangers playing in a very liberal city did not want to deal with the twitter account of an out spoken player who's thoughts and words offended people. I believe the kids call it being canceled.

Anyways, not surprising to hear that about Georgiev, who blows, and as far as I could tell, doesn't really understand the position he plays. Very awkward. Poor upper body coordination. I kind of admired they way he stood up when he came up, but ultimately I just think that was a by-product of him not really getting it. Good athlete with no feel. Just a failed project. Should have been moved when he had some value, two years ago.

I don't believe, for a second, there seriously hanging on for a 1st rounder. That's just too ludicrous to believe.

Pretty simple. The Rangers playing in a very liberal city did not want to deal with the twitter account of an out spoken player who's thoughts and words offended people. I believe the kids call it being canceled.
That's laughable.
That answer has been brought forth multiple times, you just ignore it.

The relationship was too far gone, and, he was trade bait, anyways. The issue was never the departure, it was the management of the asset.

What relationship? With who? The guys who got fired? Quinn? He's fired too. Whole new front office with Drury and Gallant. I thought the entire lockerrom fluffed him between periods, no?

Maybe, just maybe...it's not about Gorton at all... No takers via trade or via waivers... Maybe people just know who he is...

He's been sacked from every NHL team he's ever played for in relatively short order. It ain't the teams. It's him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He's "played" for 2 teams. If being moved as a prospect were an offene against them, there's a shit ton of NHLers who must be problematic then.

Adam Fox is in his 3rd organization and has played 2 NHL seasons .

Every time DeAngelo was "sacked" he brought back value. You don't get value when you "sack" young talent.

That answer has been brought forth multiple times, you just ignore it.

The relationship was too far gone, and, he was trade bait, anyways. The issue was never the departure, it was the management of the asset.

Honestly, given the "return" that Gostisbehere got, can we even make the asset management argument anymore? Same sort of mobile PP feasting defender with similar defensive liability issues and a similar deal and they had to pay to get him off the payroll.

Honestly, given the "return" that Gostisbehere got, can we even make the asset management argument anymore? Same sort of mobile PP feasting defender with similar defensive liability issues and a similar deal and they had to pay to get him off the payroll.

Yes. If DeAngelo had negative value like Ghost, they shouldn't have signed him at all.

No, I don't think you can compare a1st round pick who dominated junior, coming off 65 point pace, who played big minutes, and was a +12, to a guy who fell out of the sky for three good months and was a healthy scratch for three straight years. Just MO.

No, I don't think you can compare a1st round pick who dominated junior, coming off 65 point pace, who played big minutes, and was a +12, to a guy who fell out of the sky for three good months and was a healthy scratch for three straight years. Just MO.

Had a better season than DeAngelo did :confused:

Do you really think the animosity towards ADA isn't about politics? Do people really call hockey player's twats? Players they have never met and have no inside knowledge to how they interact with their teammates? They call them twats and hope for them to be crushed into next week when we play this player this season. There is literal hatred for this player. Why? What has this player done to garner such hatred? Something he did when he was 16 or 17 years old? A tweet? Because he got punched by our terrible back up goalie? What is it? Please somebody tell me why the hatred for ADA?

We all know the answer is politics. We all know the Rangers just didn't want to deal with a player who happened to speak out with an unpopular opinion. The NHL as a whole is bending over backwards to BLM just like every other big business. This is a hockey board and we should discuss hockey. However to dance around this issue like Pete and other's absolute hatred for somebody they have never met, no less even talked to can only by explained one way. Visit the politics thread on this board and you will know. Talk politics in this country and you will know. People are being canceled everywhere. ADA has been canceled. He was the player punched in the face. Nowhere else would somebody be justified for punching a coworker in the face over a disagreement and then find total blame with the one being punched.

People keep asking what does that tell you about ADA? What it tells me is that there is a more powerful component determining his roster status. 4 games he played, 4 after resigning this past summer. 4 games after being a leading scorer among defenseman in this league. 4 games after proving he was a legitimate elite pp quarterback. He was set aside because he got punched by the back up goalie for telling the goalie "he sucks" which he does. While that isn't good behavior and should be dealt with by the coach. Do people really think that player's don't fight/argue within an NHL hockey locker room? Players get on one another all the time to call one another out to play better. ADA is not without fault here, nobody is saying that. What I am saying is that the punishment does not fit the crime. The fact is this player was warned about his twitter account and told to lessen his social media footprint. He started a podcast instead. Nobody is telling any player on the left to lighten their twitter account. That is the point.

• Like 1

Yes. No NHL team would willingly remove someone as talented as DeAngelo for something as trivial as tweets or political stance.

You've repeatedly not cared for the nuance and context of it all, so I won't go into it and waste my time. There's more to it than his tweets, and oversimplifying that just makes you seem like you care more that he got his comeuppance for a fake reason that makes you feel like a social justice warrior instead of whatever the depth of it is.