• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Fire David Quinn, All Assistants; Keeping Benoit Allaire

siddious

Because there have only been two coaching vacancies since he was relieved in January of last year. Could be that he didn't want to coach for either the Devils or Wild.
I will repeat, there are some horrible coaches who could have been fired and replaced with Gallant, and that hasn't happened this season.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understood, but it doesn't explain why there are some terrible coaches still around, and he didn't coach this year at all.

I dunno. AV sat for a year. Torts sat for a year. Boudreau is working on TSN. It’s not uncommon to take some time between jobs. I think he was up for the devils job and the devils picked Lindy fucking Ruff over both Laviolette and Gallant. Some teams can’t afford good coaches. Other teams have bad GMs. There’s many reasons not to get a job but it’s not uncommon to not get hired right away.

• 2 weeks later...
Spooner saying what most of us knew

I’ll say this, I think moving on from Quinn was the right move.

However, I’m sure you can say similar weird things about all coaches, even successful ones.

Considering the source too…..

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think it's fairly obvious, if you put all the pieces together, that Quinn focused on the minutiae of the game to a fault. You've got young guys like Kakko not being able to understand what the coach wants offensively, focusing on the wrong things as Spooner says. You've got vets basically ignoring his calls for dump and chase, straight line hockey.

I feel like he had a bit of a substitute teacher vibe where some students tried to listen and didn't get it and others just straight up ignored the message all together.

I'm expecting really big things from Lafreniere and Kakko next season with a coach who's been there before.

I think it's fairly obvious, if you put all the pieces together, that Quinn focused on the minutiae of the game to a fault. You've got young guys like Kakko not being able to understand what the coach wants offensively, focusing on the wrong things as Spooner says. You've got vets basically ignoring his calls for dump and chase, straight line hockey.

I feel like he had a bit of a substitute teacher vibe where some students tried to listen and didn't get it and others just straight up ignored the message all together.

I'm expecting really big things from Lafreniere and Kakko next season with a coach who's been there before.

What ThirtyONE just said. It's very easy to dismiss that interview as sour grapes from a player that draws his paycheck from a bottom feeder NHL team in Belarus, but there is huge amount of circumstantial evidence to back it up as true. It's not like players with an active or thriving NHL career are easily going to go on the record considering how incestuous the NHL is. Time to hire the best NHL coach available and change the room around a little with some 1 or 2 strategic veterans.

What ThirtyONE just said. It's very easy to dismiss that interview as sour grapes from a player that draws his paycheck from a bottom feeder NHL team in Belarus, but there is huge amount of circumstantial evidence to back it up as true. It's not like players with an active or thriving NHL career are easily going to go on the record considering how incestuous the NHL is. Time to hire the best NHL coach available and change the room around a little with some 1 or 2 strategic veterans.

He actually praises some of what Quinn did, said it was probably growing pains as a new coach. He even mentioned that he would play for him again (although he was indifferent about it). It sounded like a player giving an honest assessment. He really based some other coaches and teams he played for.

You’ve been been asking for quotes and proof for years.

Are you still in denial of these things?

There's nothing to deny, Quinn's style didn't work for Spooner, it seemed to work for a lot of other players. If there's anything I take away from that interview it's that the way he treats players isn't the issue, it's his in-game performance which everyone acknowledged needed a ton of work.

Spooner was also out of the NHL 5 minutes after he left the Rangers... I'm really not too interested in his opinion LOL.

There's nothing to deny, Quinn's style didn't work for Spooner, it seemed to work for a lot of other players. If there's anything I take away from that interview it's that the way he treats players isn't the issue, it's his in-game performance which everyone acknowledged needed a ton of work.

Spooner was also out of the NHL 5 minutes after he left the Rangers... I'm really not too interested in his opinion LOL.

did you listen to any of it, or stop when he discussed DeAngelo?

Quinn wasn’t the type of coach who coached himself out of future jobs. I do think that he can find another job in this league eventually to get another chance.

But the more you think back on what unfolded this year, it sounds like that locker room was an unmitigated disaster as far as NHL standards go. No leaders, fighting, lots of issues, differences of opinion, etc. It was for sure his time to go here, and it was time for us to take the next step which I don’t believe we can take with him at the helm.

Each job in life is a learning experience for your next job. And I’m sure Quinn learned things here and will take those experiences with him. For us, it was time for a new, more mature, more seasoned voice. But eventually, Quinn needs to learn how to control a locker room, because for a 56-game shortened season, we had 10-years worth of drama crammed into just a few months.

• Like 1

Ryan Spooner played 16 games during Quinn's debut season in the NHL.

We all think Quinn is the same coach now that he was during his first 2 months in the league?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

none of what he mentioned about Quinn is out of left field, including the PRAISE he gave him. Spooner mentioned what you said DURING the interview

Edit: looks like Commodore played 17 games under Babcock. Do we believe him?

Quinn wasn’t the type of coach who coached himself out of future jobs. I do think that he can find another job in this league eventually to get another chance.

But the more you think back on what unfolded this year, it sounds like that locker room was an unmitigated disaster as far as NHL standards go. No leaders, fighting, lots of issues, differences of opinion, etc. It was for sure his time to go here, and it was time for us to take the next step which I don’t believe we can take with him at the helm.

Each job in life is a learning experience for your next job. And I’m sure Quinn learned things here and will take those experiences with him. For us, it was time for a new, more mature, more seasoned voice. But eventually, Quinn needs to learn how to control a locker room, because for a 56-game shortened season, we had 10-years worth of drama crammed into just a few months.

could be an excellent assistant coach, and could eventually grow into a good head coach in the NHL. He still has to learn the NHL game, adjusting his game plan and Learn to win. Unfortunately, these were the same problems from day one.

did you listen to any of it, or stop when he discussed DeAngelo?
Why don't you reply to the post instead of doing what you usually do when you don't have an answer?

I'm not interested in the shit posting, if you want to have a serious conversation then let's do that.

I think he's too much of a boy scout. Certainly too much for my taste, but he coached a pond hockey team. How much of that is on him? What was his degree of influence on the personnel?

Without these answers, I really hesitate to fully pass judgment on him.

Why don't you reply to the post instead of doing what you usually do when you don't have an answer?

I'm not interested in the shit posting, if you want to have a serious conversation then let's do that.

I tried,but based on your response, you heard 36 seconds of it and assumed you knew the rest.

I know you and your Quinn pal will defend till the death, but Spooner wasn't hard on Quinn. You guys hear Quinn and immediately get all "shit post" defending

I think he's too much of a boy scout. Certainly too much for my taste, but he coached a pond hockey team. How much of that is on him? What was his degree of influence on the personnel?

Without these answers, I really hesitate to fully pass judgment on him.

he wasn't the right coach for this squad, going forward. I don't think anything else matters.