• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who Could Be the New York Rangers New Head Coach?

WWJD

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a sneaky suspicion that Quinn's here at least through next season.

I would have loved to see Brind'amour, but since that's off the table, I'd feel like I'd be settling for anyone less.

I think Chris is going to have Quinn another chance with (hopefully) a much upgraded roster with some more grit, etc. If they look like ass around November or so, then he's probably gone. I think Drury likes him too much to let him go now that he's in charge of the roster moves and whatnot. He feels like maybe he can give him the right things to work with.

Panarin had two really good seasons playing for him. So, I guess he liked him? lol I didn't follow the Blue Jackets religiously when he was there, but I don't remember reading about underlying problems. Gaborik was really good here too playing for him until Torts basically ran him out of town, of course. :D

Panarin had two really good seasons playing for him. So, I guess he liked him? lol I didn't follow the Blue Jackets religiously when he was there, but I don't remember reading about underlying problems. Gaborik was really good here too playing for him until Torts basically ran him out of town, of course. :D

Gaborik's career fell off a cliff once he left NY.

I think Chris is going to have Quinn another chance with (hopefully) a much upgraded roster with some more grit, etc. If they look like ass around November or so, then he's probably gone. I think Drury likes him too much to let him go now that he's in charge of the roster moves and whatnot. He feels like maybe he can give him the right things to work with.

Could be. But if the owner is not happy with the effort of the team and the culture of the team, how does the coach survive? It would further confuse Dolan's stance, which of course is already perplexing. I'm just looking for any kind of rational line of thought throughout this whole thing.

Could be. But if the owner is not happy with the effort of the team and the culture of the team, how does the coach survive? It would further confuse Dolan's stance, which of course is already perplexing. I'm just looking for any kind of rational line of thought throughout this whole thing.

You used rational and Dolan in the same sentence! But, yeah, I'm just kind of thinking out loud at this point. Yes, it would be contradictory to keep Quinn around. But, if Drury can change the personnel like we hope, by adding more grit, etc., that can change your culture right there. I still think a new voice is needed, but again, it's an odd situation.