• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who Could Be the New York Rangers New Head Coach?

WWJD

Awful time to bring in Torts. You need an environment that's appealing to vets willing to sign cheap deals. That's not happening under Torts.

Buffalo needs him. Rangers need a coach that can help them grow their strengths.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful time to bring in Torts. You need an environment that's appealing to vets willing to sign cheap deals. That's not happening under Torts.

Buffalo needs him. Rangers need a coach that can help them grow their strengths.

Torts fits like a glove right now. He's a leader. An alpha male. He pushes guys to compete hard. Some break, some thrive. That's a good thing. We need to start weeding out some of these guys because we can't keep them all. Time to buckle up and find out who has the compete level to play for a guy like Torts. I literally can't think of a better situation to bring him into. Time to take the training wheels off. Kakko going on 3rd year. Chytil 4th year. Lafreniere and Miller 2nd year.

Buffalo is probably about to do a complete teardown. That doesn't sound like a good fit for Torts.

Torts fits like a glove right now. He's a leader. An alpha male. He pushes guys to compete hard. Some break, some thrive. That's a good thing. We need to start weeding out some of these guys because we can't keep them all. Time to buckle up and find out who has the compete level to play for a guy like Torts. I literally can't think of a better situation to bring him into. Time to take the training wheels off. Kakko going on 3rd year. Chytil 4th year. Lafreniere and Miller 2nd year.

Buffalo is probably about to do a complete teardown. That doesn't sound like a good fit for Torts.

Buffalo is going to be a lunch pal crew of hard working guys with no identity that are going to hustle and play defensive hockey. That's Tortorella right now. I mean, people listed up to 2 seasons players had successful seasons under Tortorella - but they all left ASAP.

Kakko, Lafreniere, Kravtsov - they need an offensive coach, and offensive system or all you will get is what we saw this season.

Buffalo is going to be a lunch pal crew of hard working guys with no identity that are going to hustle and play defensive hockey. That's Tortorella right now. I mean, people listed up to 2 seasons players had successful seasons under Tortorella - but they all left ASAP.

Kakko, Lafreniere, Kravtsov - they need an offensive coach, and offensive system or all you will get is what we saw this season.

Wow. Looking at the stats, its even worse than I originally remember. Panarin the only one putting up points under Tortorella in Columbus.

What happened to Atkinson? Foligno was near a PPG before Torts arrived. Josh Anderson died. Seth Jones' stock is falling. Dubois, Laine, yikes!

I’m torn on Torts a little bit honestly.

Love the guy, and I could see it working. But his process can take a few years too. And while he’s done ok with young players, he’s also had issues there too.

If they went that way, I’d be ok with it. But I could see it going either way.

Yeah, I'm in the Gallant group as well, or Claude Julien. Gallant did a really good job getting the Panthers established and now Quenneville has taken them where they need to be. The Rangers are kind of in that same boat that Florida was when the hired Gerard. I think he would be a good voice for the young talent here.

The longer this thing goes, the more I think Drury is going to ride with Quinn for at least next season.

I realize Quenneville is not available, but I think we'd be just settling for "a guy to replace Quinn". But why not Knoblauch or Jacques Martin? They're already part of the fabric here, no?