• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Formula 1 Discussion

Morphinity 2.0

On 4/25/2022 at 2:23 PM, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Not surprised to see that opinion from Rosberg, but having said that he does have some merit. While there's been a few blatantly obvious situations where Hamilton accepted the blame on himself, he will more often than not blame the team/other factors. 

The race was decent and the track definitely has a lot of potential. Just think they need to make some adjustments to that slow section and make it a bit more flowing. Otherwise there's some good passing opportunities. Could've definitely done without all the over hype and build-up and all the celebrities in the pre-race, a bit too over the top. 

Just now, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Looks like a good amount of filming was at sunup on a weekend when it would have been easier to close off a street. My first thought through? Car porpoising like crazy! LOL

I was just going to say, driving on NYC streets would be fantastic training for drivers to handle the 2022 porpoising cars. 🤣

• 1 month later...

Silverstone was a fun race.

Glad Zhou is ok after that terrible accident. Halo saved his life.

I had my money on Ocon finishing in the points. Team looked like they pulled a miracle getting his car ready for the restart after his involvement in the crash. Was totally on pace to finish in the points easily too but the car eventually crapped out. tough break.

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Finally got to watch today at Paul Richard. LEC? WTF! He knows…but still, that cannot (keep) happen(ing.) SAI totally screwed by Binotto and the clown decision making. *smh*
Ferrari fans are taking a beating while VER earns points and MB shine. Ugh. 

You said it. Ferrari seem to have the fastest car on one lap pace this year but can't consistently translate that into race success, mostly due to their pathetic strategic calls and questionable reliability. But the mistake by Charles today was very uncharacteristic. Felt like Germany 2018 where Vettel made an unforced error that was the start of a downhill spiral which ultimately cost him the championship. Meanwhile, Red Bull are a well oiled machine on race day and always seem to maximize their results. With the points lead being so big now, it will take a lot of bad luck for Verstappen in order for Leclerc to get back into it. 

Ferrari such a puzzlement to me. Are they drinking Chianti for breakfast? Squandering what appears to be a good car and drivers capable of exacting 100% from it.

RIC sideshow? I think the guy has the skillset and McLaren's car not in his 'drivability' wheelhouse. BUT...RIC cannot go public saying that if he had a competitive car, things would be different. I think he's feeling the pressure of the recent driver signings and he should. We all love RIC's energy and persona but man, you have to deliver or $ponsorship $$$ will dry up. In F1 that is unacceptable.

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank

Just feels like Ferrari's typical Italian mentality doesn't it? Good at so many things, especially raw speed, but just don't have the operational efficiency of the British (Red Bull & Mercedes) lol.

I'm with you about Ricciardo. Clearly the car doesn't suit him as much as it does Norris, and you can't blame McLaren for tailoring the chassis to their driver of the future. But his public comments have been puzzling. Not to mention with McLaren recently signing Alex Palou (2021 IndyCar champ) and testing Colton Herta, whom I rate very highly and possibly the best open wheel racer not currently in F1. So they have a lot of options going into 2023...and frankly this is a tough business, as much as I like Ricciardo's personality, McLaren need to move up the order and need to drop him and put someone else in the car if he doesn't perform in the final 10 races. 

• Bullseye 1

Ferrari have started to become a meme of themselves now. It's quite laughable how they manage to find new ways to completely gimp their drivers' races. They took a car capable of delivering a 1-2 from P2/P3 to P4/P6 while handing their chief rival the win. Verstappen had one hand firmly on the WDC trophy before this race, well he's got all but one finger on it now thanks to those clowns in red. 

I'm not too convinced of this until I hear it from Piastri himself as I've read his management has a pre-agreement in place to replace Ricciardo at McLaren next year. But then again McLaren seem to have a pre-agreement with half a dozen drivers out there (e.g. Palou, O'Ward, Herta, Rosenqvist etc.)

As expected, Alpine jumped the gun on the Piastri announcement. Apparently their option to sign him expired on July 31. And that cunning fox Alonso waited until August 1 to announce his signing with Aston Martin, and up until that point he'd given all indications to Alpine that he would stick on for 2023. He royally fucked them now lol 

20 hours ago, Karan said:

As expected, Alpine jumped the gun on the Piastri announcement. Apparently their option to sign him expired on July 31. And that cunning fox Alonso waited until August 1 to announce his signing with Aston Martin, and up until that point he'd given all indications to Alpine that he would stick on for 2023. He royally fucked them now lol 

lol i didn't know that but that's absolutely wild. 

Alonso is probably sick of Ocon not treating him like a teammate on the track. Ricciardo certainly took advantage of that in Hungary

2 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

lol i didn't know that but that's absolutely wild. 

Alonso is probably sick of Ocon not treating him like a teammate on the track. Ricciardo certainly took advantage of that in Hungary

Yeah that's my feeling as well. Ocon hasn't been the best team player (think back to his tussles with Perez and even with Alonso in Saudi this year), and with the team backing him I can see why Alonso would've gotten tired of that BS.

• 1 month later...