• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#24) Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins // Lessons in Holding a Lead

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just can't compete with the top 5 in this division on a consistent basis.

A few lucky wins here and there against BOS/PHI where the Rangers showed up, but this team is miles away from being competitive against the sharp end of the league.

Two late goals and a SHG. Its like they’re trying to lose.

I guess this is the nail in the coffin for this season. Another tank season and a high draft pick. Hopefully next year with 1 year older Laf, Kakko, Chytil, Fox, Miller, Lindgren, Shesterkin and the addition of Kravtsov and Lundkvist will make things better next season.

And Quinn has to go, but its not really important at the moment. Can wait till the offseason or even some time next season. But it has to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Two late goals and a SHG. Its like they’re trying to lose.

I guess this is the nail in the coffin for this season. Another tank season and a high draft pick. Hopefully next year with 1 year older Laf, Kakko, Chytil, Fox, Miller, Lindgren, Shesterkin and the addition of Kravtsov and Lundkvist will make things better next season.

And Quinn has to go, but its not really important at the moment. Can wait till the offseason or even some time next season. But it has to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There's no point to dumping him now. But they need to have that conversation among the braintrust as soon as possible.

Look at the other team that plays in the Garden for how important a coach is. The Knicks have been laughing stocks for like two decades. They finally have a legitimate coach and nobody is laughing now.

Trotz went to LI and took a non-playoff team and made them contenders.

Let's stop fucking around already and wasting talent.

You're telling me you have fun watching Rooney? Howden? Blackwell? Lemieux? DiGuiseppi?

I don't. I don't care what their expectations are.

I hear you. And I agree with Josh about meeting expectations when compared to the rest of the team, but yeah in general the bottom-6 lack toughness, grit to keep the puck in the offensive zone and generally don't really create energy. Certainly an area needing potential improvement in the off-season.

Kakko is somehow pacing 30% less offense than he did last year. I don't think that's what they had in mind.

He's not -35 though, so that's definitely something.

He might be the only player on the team that forechecks.

I've never seen an offense spend so little time in the offensive zone.

• Like 1