• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#24) Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins // Lessons in Holding a Lead

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He might be the only goalie to play in the NHL that played at a D-3 college (Hamilton College)

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Turned down D1 scholly at RPI to play for Hamilton and made it to the NHL anyway. Only other DIII player I know of offhand to make it to the NHL was Phil Letreille of Middlebury who played briefly for the Rangers in 60-61, although Middlebury was basically in a higher division with Clarkson and St. Lawrence at the time. I digress!

Turned down D1 scholly at RPI to play for Hamilton and made it to the NHL anyway. Only other DIII player I know of offhand to make it to the NHL was Phil Letreille of Middlebury who played briefly for the Rangers in 60-61, although Middlebury was basically in a higher division with Clarkson and St. Lawrence at the time. I digress!

Their is actually a handful of players from D3 that played in the NHL....Adrian Aucoin is another notable. I probably saw him play while he was at Norwich vs Plattsburgh and of course had no idea who he was.

I'll always remember Guy Hebert with the Rangers because he beat the Islanders twice late in the season that gave the Rangers the inaugural Pat LaFontaine trophy. He was also the first Rangers goalie in 21 games (I think that was the number of games in that long unbeaten streak) to beat Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils.

Their is actually a handful of players from D3 that played in the NHL....Adrian Aucoin is another notable. I probably saw him play while he was at Norwich vs Plattsburgh and of course had no idea who he was.

Surprised by that; Norwich is a mini military academy like the Citadel or VMI. Thought Norwich was strictly for guys looking to get into the military. They recruited my son for D3 football, but he wanted nothing to do with being so far from home nor the military angle.

Surprised by that; Norwich is a mini military academy like the Citadel or VMI. Thought Norwich was strictly for guys looking to get into the military. They recruited my son for D3 football, but he wanted nothing to do with being so far from home nor the military angle.

Norwich is a D3 hockey powerhouse along with Middlebury