• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trading Panarin?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Seriously, does Panarin deck Oshie if Rempe is not playing?

Totally doubt that scenario.

Yes because Oshie isn't gonna fight Rempe. 

I think you forget you're talking about a player who went after Tom Wilson a couple of years ago before anybody even knew who Rempe was and the Rangers toughest player was Brendan Smith. 

Edited by Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yes because Oshie isn't gonna fight Rempe. 

I think you forget you're talking about a player who went after Tom Wilson a couple of years ago before anybody even knew who Rempe was and the Rangers toughest player was Brendan Smith. 

That player does not exist any more.  The Oshie hit was the first time we saw him after a two+ year absence.

As if on cue...

Artemi Panarin is good. But is he $11-million a year good?

That was the big question in 2019, when the Rangers paid up to get one of the best UFAs to hit the market in the cap era. So far, he’s delivered, finishing as a Hart finalist in 2020 and racking up a career-best 120 points this year. With only two years left on the deal, it’s pretty much guaranteed to be viewed as a success.

Remember that the next time somebody tries to tell you that you can’t hit a home run on a big-ticket free agent.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5512838/2024/05/24/nhl-playoffs-lessons-stars-oilers-rangers-panthers?source=user-shared-article

4 minutes ago, Br4d said:

That player does not exist any more.  The Oshie hit was the first time we saw him after a two+ year absence.

The Oshie hit proves you wrong then. Because that was a few weeks ago lol. 

5 hours ago, Pete said:

The Oshie hit proves you wrong then. Because that was a few weeks ago lol. 

Panarin had 18 hits in 82 games this season.

Then Rempe is in the mix and he's suddenly willing to throw his weight around again?

That's what it looks like to me.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Panarin had 18 hits in 82 games this season.

Then Rempe is in the mix and he's suddenly willing to throw his weight around again?

That's what it looks like to me.

Yeah but you're used to making leaps and logic without much evidence to back it up. Can't expect anyone else to make that leap with you, because at the end of the day it was one hit.

Anybody who wants their top players making the most money who are skill-based throwing their body around kind of just doesn't get it.

Not only do I not think he is more physical because of Rempe, I don't care if he's ever more physical at all and I would actually prefer he weren't. 

All I'm saying is he's He's engaged that way before Rempe got here. I don't know why you're trying to prove something that's not provable and not backed by any evidence whatsoever. 

Edited by Pete
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I have to take some responsibility here because I gave Panarin a bit of a nod of approval for his play after that Carolina OT goal. He's reverted back to the same old garbage ever since.

0 goals in 8 games since

22 minutes ago, Rangers said:

I would trade him, but I don’t know how well Laff will do with out him. Didn’t look in the stats.

Laf doesn’t need him, he’s proven that.  all he needed was confidence that he can do it at this level. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

24 minutes ago, Rangers said:

I would trade him, but I don’t know how well Laff will do with out him. Didn’t look in the stats.

Laffs either been takin it end to end himself, or crashing the net front like a boss...he doesnt need banana bread for shit

7 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

We are all mad. We are all talking dumb. I’m the President of this. Tonight is ending with White Castle. And a pounding headache.

Tomorrow is another day.

Goodnight Mr. President.

• LMFAO 1

"It’s getting harder to dismiss cries that the 6-foot, 175-pounder’s game is built to rack up points in the regular season but doesn’t translate well to the playoffs. When the ice gets tighter and the space to operate shrinks, so does his impact.

When Panarin’s at his best, the puck is on his stick all the time. He’s attacking in transition and dancing along the blue line, looking for shooting lanes or passing options that few others have the vision to identify. But how often have you seen that happen in this series?

Credit Florida for locking him down and limiting those dynamic sequences that seemed to occur nightly throughout the regular season. But it’s also hard to envision the Rangers winning a Cup if their most gifted offensive threat can’t find a way to raise his level."