• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trading Panarin?

This thread is peak ranger fan whinery. 

I'll be celebrating a cop win, and you guys will be crying in the corner about how Panarin didn't have enough goals. 

But at least you won't be shivering, because you'll have the takes to keep you warm.

• Like 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Applause 1

6 hours ago, Pete said:

This thread is peak ranger fan whinery. 

I'll be celebrating a cop win, and you guys will be crying in the corner about how Panarin didn't have enough goals. 

But at least you won't be shivering, because you'll have the takes to keep you warm.

My friend—you’re delusional 

23 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Our best player is producing at a point per game rate in the playoffs and all 4 of his goals so far have been game winners

can we please put this narrative to rest and get pumped for game 2?!?!?!

He's at 1 P/PG after being almost 1.5 p/pg in the regular season. He's 3rd in points and 4th in goals while being the best paid player on the team. Three of the guys in front of him (Zib, Tro, Kreids) are all great PK'ers and defensive forwards compared to Panarin who's an offense-only player. He's also dead last on the entire team in +/- as a -5.

Some of the criticism have been over the top, but let's not act like Panarin has been on a heater in the playoffs. 4 game winners are great, but he also has 0 goals and -7 in his last 4 games. There's no narrative or agenda here - Panarin has to step up his game from the last 4 games if we're not gonna crash and burn like last year (or the year before), it's just the truth.

• Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

He's at 1 P/PG after being almost 1.5 p/pg in the regular season. He's 3rd in points and 4th in goals while being the best paid player on the team. Three of the guys in front of him (Zib, Tro, Kreids) are all great PK'ers and defensive forwards compared to Panarin who's an offense-only player. He's also dead last on the entire team in +/- as a -5.

Some of the criticism have been over the top, but let's not act like Panarin has been on a heater in the playoffs. 4 game winners are great, but he also has 0 goals and -7 in his last 4 games. There's no narrative or agenda here - Panarin has to step up his game from the last 4 games if we're not gonna crash and burn like last year (or the year before), it's just the truth.

And that's fine and mostly agreed, but yea let's not try and discredit what he's done to this point.

I think some people here chomp at the bit for him to play poorly so they can come whine about it.

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Only Rangers fans can root against their own players for producing. lol 

I don't think, well I hope, that no one is rooting against Panarin.

But I do think that it makes people happy when he doesn't have a great game, so they can come here and stand on the bully pulpit.

It's been a reductive and lazy argument all season that nothing a Hart Trophy candidate does during the regular season matters because "only playoffs matter" and it's equally reductive to try and attack every single point he registers. 4 GWG don't matter, 2 primary assist on CKs goals don't matter (even though they came by throwing the puck at the net, which is what the haters were all crying for him to do last season).

It's just arguments of convenience at this point.

Just now, Pete said:

And that's fine and mostly agreed, but yea let's not try and discredit what he's done to this point.

I think some people here chomp at the bit for him to play poorly so they can come whine about it.

I just think some people have the "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" mindset and don't want to be fooled a third time. We've seen him have a good first series, then a neutral second round and a brutal ECF (in 2022) so I don't blame people for being pessimistic, but I agree we shouldn't discredit what he has done.

To take some positives - He's 2nd in EV goals and points, he's 2nd in SOG (31, Tro leads with 33). He's shooting a lot, which is what we all want. The shots haven't gone in the last 4 games, but he's at a relatively low S% at 12.9 so he might be due a goal soon (Trocheck's at 18.2, Kreider 22.6, Laf 12.5).

My main issue with Panarin in the playoffs earlier years was that he looked so intimidated and scared to make a play. He didn't move an inch away from the boards on the left side, just standing there like a toddler with his parent at the mall. He's not doing that anymore. He's trying to make plays, cutting to the middle, attacking defenders 1on1 and being more aggressive in the O-zone. Just continue doing that and I'll be happy.

• BREAD! 1
  • Applause 2

Overall Panarin has been very good this postseason. I just think the game the other night was a callback to previous series in which he struggled, where it was just turnovers and cross ice passes to nobody. That was alarming to some, but the whole team was just off and guilty of doing the same thing.

6 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I just think some people have the "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" mindset and don't want to be fooled a third time. We've seen him have a good first series, then a neutral second round and a brutal ECF (in 2022) so I don't blame people for being pessimistic, but I agree we shouldn't discredit what he has done.

To take some positives - He's 2nd in EV goals and points, he's 2nd in SOG (31, Tro leads with 33). He's shooting a lot, which is what we all want. The shots haven't gone in the last 4 games, but he's at a relatively low S% at 12.9 so he might be due a goal soon (Trocheck's at 18.2, Kreider 22.6, Laf 12.5).

My main issue with Panarin in the playoffs earlier years was that he looked so intimidated and scared to make a play. He didn't move an inch away from the boards on the left side, just standing there like a toddler with his parent at the mall. He's not doing that anymore. He's trying to make plays, cutting to the middle, attacking defenders 1on1 and being more aggressive in the O-zone. Just continue doing that and I'll be happy.

There is a tale of two stories here and that's the concern. He was doing the latter up until G4 Carolina. The last 4 games has been identical to the issues that have plagued him in earlier years. It's almost like that OT goal lifted a weight and relieved all that pressure, but the pressure is what was giving him the drive. I don't know how else to explain it. He's been totally AWOL for most of the last 4 games. Again, teams couldn't keep this guy off the scoresheet. Now he's pointless in the last 3 out of 4 and a -7 in those games, and it's not bad luck or anything. He deserves that stat line based on his play.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

When the star is invisible, where he could’ve helped them win instead of lose, fans are happy and just not pissed?  Got it

I think the point is, he's only invisible to the haters because they choose to ignore or discredit the obvious contribution.

It's kind of like... hating the Sun in February because it's 20 degrees out..."Damn you for not making it warm enough!"...Meanwhile let's ignore the ice age and death that would ensue were the Sun not there, and all of the 65, 75, 85 degree days it gives you the rest of the year. Because only winter matters!

Edited by Pete

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think the point is, he's only invisible to the haters because they choose to ignore or discredit the obvious contribution.

It's kind of like... hating the Sun in February because it's 20 degrees out..."Damn you for not making it warm enough!"...Meanwhile let's ignore the ice age and death that would ensue were the Sun not there, and all of the 65, 75, 85 degree days it gives you the rest of the year. Because only winter matters!

No one is discrediting it but even a broken clock is right twice a day.  He’s been invisible for how many games in a row but a couple of pucks thrown at the net absolves it I guess.  

Either way, I’m officially over it and I’ll bow out of criticizing anything with this team because supposedly I’ll be the fan who won’t enjoy a championship or something

Go Rangers!

• LOL 1
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 1

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

There is a tale of two stories here and that's the concern. He was doing the latter up until G4 Carolina. The last 4 games has been identical to the issues that have plagued him in earlier years. It's almost like that OT goal lifted a weight and relieved all that pressure, but the pressure is what was giving him the drive. I don't know how else to explain it. He's been totally AWOL for most of the last 4 games. Again, teams couldn't keep this guy off the scoresheet. Now he's pointless in the last 3 out of 4 and a -7 in those games, and it's not bad luck or anything. He deserves that stat line based on his play.

I agree, he needs to be better than the last few games, but I think that's true for most of the team tbh. And I don't think Panarin hans been THAT bad in that 4 game stretch.

Game 4 he had a stinker. He was really bad in that game. No excuses.

Game 5 everyone sucked. He wasn't any worse or better than the rest.

Game 6 I didn't watch live, just re-watched the 3rd period and the highlights. He played 20 minutes, had 4 SOG's + 2 primary assists for two other shots on goal and was a +1.

Game 1 I honestly didn't think he was bad in this game. I was shocked when I saw he played almost 25 minutes, so I guess he could've been more visible and done more with all the ice-time, but the -3 in that games is just random luck. Neither goal had anything to do with him and he gets a minus because of other players mistakes.

47 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Rempe.

Think about it.

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

Rempe.

Think about it.

Seriously, does Panarin deck Oshie if Rempe is not playing?

Totally doubt that scenario.

37 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

No one is discrediting it but even a broken clock is right twice a day.  He’s been invisible for how many games in a row but a couple of pucks thrown at the net absolves it I guess.  

Either way, I’m officially over it and I’ll bow out of criticizing anything with this team because supposedly I’ll be the fan who won’t enjoy a championship or something

Go Rangers!

"No one is discrediting it, now let me spend the rest of my post discrediting it by saying a broken clock is right twice a day."