• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trading Panarin?

Panarin is a big reason they were up 3-0, and he’s the biggest reason it’s now 3-2. The lazy backchecking is dumbfounding and completely inexcusable. I almost can’t believe he’s checking out like that after how he approached the first 3 games in the series, but here we are. -5 last 2 games. Disgusting.

Lucky for him there are still two more attempts to re-write the script.

• Keeps it 100 4
  • Believe 1

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

Panarin is a big reason they were up 3-0, and he’s the biggest reason it’s now 3-2. The lazy backchecking is dumbfounding and completely inexcusable. I almost can’t believe he’s checking out like that after how he approached the first 3 games in the series, but here we are. -5 last 2 games. Disgusting.

Lucky for him there are still two more attempts to re-write the script.

This is it, really. The 'core' won us the first three, and the reason we lost the last two. As I mentioned in another thread, there's always way too much up and down with our good players.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 3

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

When Panarin is getting  cold you need 3rd and 4th lines to step up for a game or two.  They havent.  they suck ass

Not True.   Game 4, the 34th dominated (scoring/chances/hits).   Game 5, not as much, but they clearly were hitting, shooting and blocking shots.   None were more than a -1.   It's not the 34th Division, or Laffy.

Game 6 the 34th will dominate again, and all our other leaders will follow ! 

16 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

Not True.   Game 4, the 34th dominated (scoring/chances/hits).   Game 5, not as much, but they clearly were hitting, shooting and blocking shots.   None were more than a -1.   It's not the 34th Division, or Laffy.

Game 6 the 34th will dominate again, and all our other leaders will follow ! 

They need to score.  Hitting, shooting, blocking shots is not enough.  They need to chip in here or there

• Believe 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Dunny said:

25 minutes last night and a -3. 

That line was bad, not all on him, but how can anybody have a lick of faith in this guy at this time of the year?

3 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

He played last night?  Thought he’s been on vacation the last couple of weeks

How quickly you forget the two primary assists in a third period come back win...last game. 

🤣 Y'all are funny though. You guys stick with it, regardless of the facts,  I'll give you that much. 

• Bullseye 1
  • BREAD! 1

Are we saying "Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the play we're getting from our max cap guy"

Not sure how you could be. He looks like a 39 year old Mark Recchi, not a world beater. The whitewashing of his past two springs is weird. Totally forgotten. Probably a more important question then whether Rempe or Vesey plays 6 minutes tomorrow night.

• LOL 1

47 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Are we saying "Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the play we're getting from our max cap guy"

Not sure how you could be. He looks like a 39 year old Mark Recchi, not a world beater. The whitewashing of his past two springs is weird. Totally forgotten. Probably a more important question then whether Rempe or Vesey plays 6 minutes tomorrow night.

I don't understand how you expect anybody to take you seriously with these takes. 

Edited by Pete
  • Keeps it 100 1

49 minutes ago, Dunny said:

He has 11 points in 11 games played(one more than Kreider btw); not sure how you come to that conclusion based on one scoreless game? 

Want to poop on his 2 assists in 7 games performance from last season's playoffs, go ahead and have at it, but that "disappears in the playoffs" narrative doesn't really work here.

• Bullseye 1

34 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Well there are the four game winning goals in the playoffs (nhl leading) but since he doesn't play in a way we like those don't count I guess.

Lines 1 and 2 will break out.   It's coming.  

Is is Dunny or Nunny ?  Obviously, noney ya facking bidness.

You couldn’t keep Panarin off the scoresheet this year. 120 points. Going from a 1.5 ppg to a 1 ppg player is not a flex. It’s definitely been a different Panarin since that OT goal last round and I’m not sure why. -7 in 4 games since. Can’t believe he iced 25 min last night. Didn’t notice him once for anything good. He was awful G4 and 5 last series and if it weren’t for Kreider the truth is he wasn’t good in G6 either.

He has to be better or they are going to go down easy.

• LMFAO 1
  • Bullseye 1

19 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

You couldn’t keep Panarin off the scoresheet this year. 120 points. Going from a 1.5 ppg to a 1 ppg player is not a flex. It’s definitely been a different Panarin since that OT goal last round and I’m not sure why. -7 in 4 games since. Can’t believe he iced 25 min last night. Didn’t notice him once for anything good. He was awful G4 and 5 last series and if it weren’t for Kreider the truth is he wasn’t good in G6 either.

He has to be better or they are going to go down easy.

You hush, he’s the bestestestestest