• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Possible Trade Candidates for Center Help

RangersIn7

You were somehow justifying trading for RyJo (nobody in their right mind is agreeing with you)

1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.gif

.....by saying “but we just signed Kreider, etc etc).
Please direct us to the post where I said anything along the lines of "we just signed Kreider". I'll wait.

Kreider for his contract is worth a lot more than giving up assets to acquire RyJo and that contract.

What assets? It's Krieder and other first for RyJo and NSH first. You're literally fabricating this entire thing LOL.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.gif

Please direct us to the post where I said anything along the lines of "we just signed Kreider". I'll wait.

What assets? It's Krieder and other first for RyJo and NSH first. You're literally fabricating this entire thing LOL.

Except RyJo is bad and costs more.

I am still a bit confused and uncomfortable about Chytil. In any case I think if we trade Strome the return should be a late 1st rounder. If he signs cheaper than expected and has a monster start to the season then his trade value goes up.

Probably because thus far, while the jury is still out on him at C, he really does look like his game is better suited to playing W. You’re not wrong feeling that way

He’s still a baby. Youngest player in his draft class. He’s not even 21 yet. Still under 150 games played.

Though I’ll be really honest, I was so much more excited they’d drafted him then Lias.

I was thinking less of his nationality, and more of the type of player.

I'm not sure Torts is a big fan of talented but mercurial, perimeter type wingers who are sometimes guilty of cheating on assignments.

C?mon Gravesy!

Totes LOVED Nikolai Zherdev like a son!

They had dinner at Torts house every night!

Rode a tandem bicycle to every game together.

I think Zherdev even slept on the floor in Torts bedroom!

Maybe the 2C is already here:

Can you explain what those charts mean? I have no idea what they're trying to represent or how they proved what said in the tweet.

I don't really know the Strome suffers in his own zone. He's a penalty killer so it's hard to say that he can't defend.

Any comparisons between Strome and Chytil certainly need the context of one player going up against the other team's best defensive pairing every night and the other player being Filip Chytil.

Sure, but would you actually rate him a top...30 defenseman? I'm not sure.

I think we should look at the Tyson Barrie trade as a decent barometer for what to expect.

That's great. If we could get a Kadri for him, we'd be set.

Chytil panning out as a legit 2C seems like a 1/5 chance to me, at this point. I have no idea what he is, but to think that's the path he's on seems little optimistic for me.

Strome could fill the role, again, he probably earned it, but he's definitely someone you can improve on. Even if his production this year is the accurate for projection purposes, he just seems over matched to me in that role, both in pure talent, and physically. I don't think he poses any match-up issues for other coaches, but there's certainly assignments that are match-up issues for him.

Chytil panning out as a legit 2C seems like a 1/5 chance to me, at this point. I have no idea what he is, but to think that's the path he's on seems little optimistic for me.

Strome could fill the role, again, he probably earned it, but he's definitely someone you can improve on. Even if his production this year is the accurate for projection purposes, he just seems over matched to me in that role, both in pure talent, and physically. I don't think he poses any match-up issues for other coaches, but there's certainly assignments that are match-up issues for him.

You can definitely improve on him, but you're definitely going to have to pay.

He seems to me like a good character guy, whose teammates like having him in the room, good work ethic and knows this was his last chance in the NHL. I don't think he's going to ask for the world in terms of contract.

Is he the perfect player? No. Does he have warts? Yes. He looked gassed at the end of the season. That said, not not everyone can play in New York and he's proven he can, he played himself off the third line into the first line. There's something to be said for that.

And again, I will say till the cows come home... Sure, a lot of it is Panarin but if it was all because of the bread man, then Fast would have had 60 points, too. It takes a certain kind of skill to be able to play with skill players. It took years for the Penguins to find the right guys to play with Crosby. What did Jagr do here without Nylander? Sometimes when something works you should just stick with it and stop trying to look for the next best thing.

Strome is like the high school sweetheart... not the smoke show you thought you'd marry, but she's reliable and you know what you're getting and at least the sex is good, so might as well put a ring on it.

• Like 1

It all depends on cost with Strome.

Evolving Wild projected his next contract in the 6-7m range, which to me is an absolute fuck that. I'm listening if it's in the 4-5m range, which seemed unlikely pre pandemic but is probably not out of the question in the current climate.

You can definitely improve on him, but you're definitely going to have to pay.

He seems to me like a good character guy, whose teammates like having him in the room, good work ethic and knows this was his last chance in the NHL. I don't think he's going to ask for the world in terms of contract.

Is he the perfect player? No. Does he have warts? Yes. He looked gassed at the end of the season. That said, not not everyone can play in New York and he's proven he can, he played himself off the third line into the first line. There's something to be said for that.

And again, I will say till the cows come home... Sure, a lot of it is Panarin but if it was all because of the bread man, then Fast would have had 60 points, too. It takes a certain kind of skill to be able to play with skill players. It took years for the Penguins to find the right guys to play with Crosby. What did Jagr do here without Nylander? Sometimes when something works you should just stick with it and stop trying to look for the next best thing.

Strome is like the high school sweetheart... not the smoke show you thought you'd marry, but she's reliable and you know what you're getting and at least the sex is good, so might as well put a ring on it.

Some good points here.

As long as his contract is reasonable, he can stay for a bit.

Can you explain what those charts mean? I have no idea what they're trying to represent or how they proved what said in the tweet.

I don't really know the Strome suffers in his own zone. He's a penalty killer so it's hard to say that he can't defend.

Any comparisons between Strome and Chytil certainly need the context of one player going up against the other team's best defensive pairing every night and the other player being Filip Chytil.

Tldr; it's expected goals above replacement (xGAR). negative bad, positive good, broken down by PP/SH/ES. Includes the value, or lack thereof, for a player's takeaways and giveaways.

Similar to WAR for baseball. Evolving hockey has an extended write up on GAR and xGAR (https://evolving-hockey.com/?_inputs_&dir=%22References%22). Three parts under the GAR section.

Chytil sucks at faceoffs. He's terrible. Those pushing for him to be a winger may be correct, but the underlying numbers suggest he can be a line driver.

Chytil sucks at faceoffs. He's terrible. Those pushing for him to be a winger may be correct, but the underlying numbers suggest he can be a line driver.

He?s actually so bad he almost should be moved to wing just because of the faceoffs. Been

Other then the faceoffs, I think he gets a lot of undeserved criticism tho.

I think people forget how young he is because he?s been around for a couple of years now. He?s STILL 20 years old. 49 points in 144 games before he?s allowed to drink alcohol.

If its wing or center I think Chytil will be a really good player.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It all depends on cost with Strome.

Evolving Wild projected his next contract in the 6-7m range, which to me is an absolute fuck that. I'm listening if it's in the 4-5m range, which seemed unlikely pre pandemic but is probably not out of the question in the current climate.

Strome is in a fragile situation, he needs to better establish/prove himself if I were him I would short term take very modest salary increase to remain with Panarin to hope that this paid off big way when he becomes a UFA.

If you want to upgrade the game me or 3rd line, Chytil is a goner.

He’s not beating out top 6 players, and he’s not a defensive player.

He’ll be a good player in a few years, but there might not be a spot for him

Are there any draft picks who look like they can make the team this year?

Would you trade Strome and Carolinas pick to move up and draft Anton Lundell. I know not every 1st Rd pick makes the team right off the bat but he looks to be a sure bet. His numbers compare to Kakko in the world JR?s. And in the SHL.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If you want to upgrade the game me or 3rd line, Chytil is a goner.

He’s not beating out top 6 players, and he’s not a defensive player.

He’ll be a good player in a few years, but there might not be a spot for him

Agreed.

If he’s going to be here long-term, he pretty much needs to play his way into a top-6 role.

He just isn’t suited for a bottom-6 job.

Are there any draft picks who look like they can make the team this year?

Would you trade Strome and Carolinas pick to move up and draft Anton Lundell. I know not every 1st Rd pick makes the team right off the bat but he looks to be a sure bet. His numbers compare to Kakko in the world JR’s. And in the SHL.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Possibly, but Lundell might go higher than expected.