• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Possible Trade Candidates for Center Help

RangersIn7

Are there any draft picks who look like they can make the team this year?

Would you trade Strome and Carolinas pick to move up and draft Anton Lundell. I know not every 1st Rd pick makes the team right off the bat but he looks to be a sure bet. His numbers compare to Kakko in the world JR’s. And in the SHL.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Not sure that they can figure much in regards to trading Strome any time soon

There’s a few possibilities that are realistic with him right now

He gets a long term deal- which means he’s in the plan, and indication has been that’s probably not the case

He signs a 1 year deal- and then who knows- that opens up other possibilities moving forward. He gets a big award through arbitration- if it’s too big, they might refuse it and he goes UFA

I don’t see them trading his rights to anyone, even in a package. I don’t see them signing him to a 1 or 2 year deal then trading him. I definitely don’t see them signing him to a long-term deal and then moving him

I don’t see it hugely likely to him getting 1 year and then getting moved at the deadline, but that’s dependent upon how next season goes.

It’s just a holding pattern with him until he has a contract or there’s a determination about that

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any draft picks who look like they can make the team this year?

Would you trade Strome and Carolinas pick to move up and draft Anton Lundell. I know not every 1st Rd pick makes the team right off the bat but he looks to be a sure bet. His numbers compare to Kakko in the world JR?s. And in the SHL.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If they?re 100% sure he?s still on the board I make that trade every day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

We dont need to rush more young players. Lafreniere will make the team, the other 1st rounder will not.

Its not even sure Byfield/Stutzle makes the NHL right away. The #20 OA pick will need atleast a year or two.

in terms of Holloway his NCAA playing might be done, so he likely goes to AHL.

We dont need to rush more young players. Lafreniere will make the team, the other 1st rounder will not.

Its not even sure Byfield/Stutzle makes the NHL right away. The #20 OA pick will need atleast a year or two.

Neither should be in the nhl next season. Both are 4-5 years away from making an impact in the NHL. Other prospects (Lundell) aren’t going to be impact players before that.

A ton of talent, but talent that still needs time to develop.

Neither should be in the nhl next season. Both are 4-5 years away from making an impact in the NHL. Other prospects (Lundell) aren?t going to be impact players before that.

A ton of talent, but talent that still needs time to develop.

Agree. I dont think Byfield/Stutzle are 4/5 years away, but they dont look ?NHL ready?.

The guy we pick #20-25 will be years away. Look at Lundkvist/Miller. Both still look like great picks, but its 2 years since they were drafted and I dont think any of them makes the team before 2021.

I'm not opposed to trading ADA or Strome to move up (significantly) with our second first round pick (which looks to be about No. 23). It would create a hole but give us the cap space to remedy it while adding a blue chip prospect.

I'm not opposed to trading ADA or Strome to move up (significantly) with our second first round pick (which looks to be about No. 23). It would create a hole but give us the cap space to remedy it while adding a blue chip prospect.

Yup

Having 1st overall pretty much eliminated the need to try to trade up.

If they’re making a deal, whatever is in it, needs to bring back a piece(s) that help now

If however they’re sitting at 24 or wherever and really like a guy and have to move up a few spots, that’s fine

That package should be used for an NHL ready player. They don’t need more high picks and prospects.

I normally never ever suggest moving a player from position, but I’ve seen a few snippets about how ALF Plays all over the ice and at times plays more like a center. Why not see if he would be open to it? It would solve a lot. Just a thought.

I normally never ever suggest moving a player from position, but I’ve seen a few snippets about how ALF Plays all over the ice and at times plays more like a center. Why not see if he would be open to it? It would solve a lot. Just a thought.

No, he’s played there for years. The wing allows him the freedom to play his game.

You don’t mess with a potential franchise player.

No, he’s played there for years. The wing allows him the freedom to play his game.

You don’t mess with a potential franchise player.

Yeah, I mean I get it. Just would solve so much and we are a team that plays a defenseman on the wing and a winger in Chytil at center lol

There is nice article on Blueshirt Banter regarding Centers the Rangers could target in trade.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2020/8/22/21396398/ways-new-york-rangers-could-upgrade-center-position-through-trade-strome-monahan-lindholm-hertl

There’s the article. I mean it’s names we already mentioned. Nice write up but I don’t see us in on any of them really .