• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Possible Trade Candidates for Center Help

RangersIn7

You make no statistical arguments then you say the stats are pretty equal? You make no curve arguments but you say Kreider might be X=2?

Don’t give me the trolling BS because you clearly can’t make your case. This is a discussion and I have participated in this thread. Sorry for pointing out your illogical ramblings. I presented facts you just attacked me that I don’t understand the basics.

No back and forth from me on this one. You are so far off base that it is not worth it.

it.

. Agree 100%!!!
  • Like 1

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest with you, my focus is first on LD unless a guy like Point can be had. That doesn't mean I would turn down a good deal for a guy like Cirelli. By all means, if it's there then go for it. But I'd make sure the assets are appropriated towards LD first.

I'd be fine with Strome for another season or two as 2C unless they can get one that is obviously better. Also buys time to see how Chytil progresses. He might also wind up being a wing - who knows. What I'm not fine with though is the soggy shit sandwich of Staal and Smith on the left side of our defense.

For the sake of this thread though, I'll offer up a few centers that I wouldn't mind them pursuing:

Sam Reinhart - Buffalo might be ready to shake things up. Not sure if they'd want futures or NHL players in return. He'd be our 2C so Strome becomes expendable or movable to RW (Panarin/Reinhart/Strome?)

Elias Lindholm - Long shot.

Boone Jenner - Not a 2C, but would love him here as a 3C. Chytil-Jenner-Fast is a legit 3rd line. Columbus has $5M in cap space and Dubois looking for a new deal. Perhaps they want the cap space to lock him up long term. We can offer some draft capital that they don't have and maybe a decent prospect. Picturing Lias Andersson being coached by Torts just made me chuckle (no, I don't think CBJ wants anything to do with him).

I agree, especially on Lindholm and Jenner

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yea I mean X is a serious question mark. What if X = 2?

I think people tend to look at the guy they see every night and think he's better than another guy they never see.

If you look at age, Johansen is a year younger and coming off a bad season with linemates who had bad seasons. Kreider is coming off a career year playing with linemates who also had career years. Over their careers, the box stats are similar in terms of points. Advanced stats (without getting into the fabricated Athletic ones) pretty close.

I get that the Rangers aren't likely to do it. But as far as trade proposals go, this is as even as it gets on paper. It really comes down to "I like this guy better than that guy better than that guy".

Any type of statistical, age, wrong side of curve argument holds zero weight.

Couple of things. I’d be careful with the “holds zero weight” ideology since I suppose it’s just as much hyperbole to say

I think people tend to look at the guy they see every night and think he's better than another guy they never see.

We are in a group regularly talking hockey well into August after months of no games. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has NHL packages, does fantasy hockey, pays attention and watches the rest of the league regularly, etc.

The second part is just that while Kreider was on page for around 55-60 points, he’s twice put up 50 points. It’s not as if his normal production is 30 and he’s on some giant bump. Kreider while streaky is pretty reliable to put up around the same amount of production. Agreed that it really comes down to who yoU prefer better but trading Kreider for RJ to me is lateral. By preferred position it makes sense but if all things considered equal, I’ll go for the guy that’s already produced on this team and regularly pots 25+ goals. I’d honestly rather keep Strome or go for a Cirelli or Kerfoot if we went another direction.

To be honest with you, my focus is first on LD unless a guy like Point can be had. That doesn't mean I would turn down a good deal for a guy like Cirelli. By all means, if it's there then go for it. But I'd make sure the assets are appropriated towards LD first.

I'd be fine with Strome for another season or two as 2C unless they can get one that is obviously better. Also buys time to see how Chytil progresses. He might also wind up being a wing - who knows. What I'm not fine with though is the soggy shit sandwich of Staal and Smith on the left side of our defense.

For the sake of this thread though, I'll offer up a few centers that I wouldn't mind them pursuing:

Sam Reinhart - Buffalo might be ready to shake things up. Not sure if they'd want futures or NHL players in return. He'd be our 2C so Strome becomes expendable or movable to RW (Panarin/Reinhart/Strome?)

Elias Lindholm - Long shot.

Boone Jenner - Not a 2C, but would love him here as a 3C. Chytil-Jenner-Fast is a legit 3rd line. Columbus has $5M in cap space and Dubois looking for a new deal. Perhaps they want the cap space to lock him up long term. We can offer some draft capital that they don't have and maybe a decent prospect. Picturing Lias Andersson being coached by Torts just made me chuckle (no, I don't think CBJ wants anything to do with him).

I'd rather have Kreider - Chytil - Anderson

If Chytil isn't the third line C, his option is 3rd line RW. Either Chytil or Kravtsov goes if they arent playing in the middle. One is your chip, the other is the next man out.

The people who are saying things like:

Absurd reasoning.

Issue with reading comprehension.

Calling each other trolls.

STOP

Thanks,

The Management

I'd rather have Kreider - Chytil - Anderson

If Chytil isn't the third line C, his option is 3rd line RW. Either Chytil or Kravtsov goes if they arent playing in the middle. One is your chip, the other is the next man out.

You'd rather have Josh Anderson who just had a terrible year and is coming off significant shoulder surgery, rather than Boone Jenner?

I believe Chytil has only played LW and C. RW would be new, but it's possible. If we are moving Kreider to the 3rd line and Chytil to RW, I'd rather Kreider-Jenner-Chytil than Kreider-Chytil-Anderson.

Boone Jenner would be a fantastic addition. Prototypical leader + third-line checking center. You can actually carve out a real role for him. The problem is, given the depth of the team, finding the right linemates to create that unit might be a little difficult. Kreider? Yes. But you just signed him long-term to be a top-six player, IMO, not necessarily a third-line checker. Can say Chytil and Kakko play that game?

Boone Jenner would be a fantastic addition. Prototypical leader + third-line checking center. You can actually carve out a real role for him. The problem is, given the depth of the team, finding the right linemates to create that unit might be a little difficult. Kreider? Yes. But you just signed him long-term to be a top-six player, IMO, not necessarily a third-line checker. Can say Chytil and Kakko play that game?

But you signed him before winning the draft lottery. In the event Lafreniere makes the jump seamlessly, or when he’s adapted and ready for a top 6 role, I think a 3rd line of Kreider, Jenner +1 would be fucking fantastic. And I’m not sure it’s a real problem, certainly not as long as Lafreniere is on his elc.

For sure, but I'm saying, to start the year, will Lafreniere jump Kreider on the depth chart immediately? If not, can he play on Jenner's flank? Probably. It's just not an ultra-smooth model to craft three lines with distinction and purpose.

I think Chytil will evolve into an active two way player. He plays with high energy but needs more time to grow. Playing with responsible players like Jenner and Fast would be good for him

Kreider doesn't have to drop down to 3rd line LW. He could potentially move to RW. He's done it before. He can go to the front of the net and generate breakaways on stretch passes all the same, and probably gives himself a better angle coming down the right side as well.

For sure, but I'm saying, to start the year, will Lafreniere jump Kreider on the depth chart immediately? If not, can he play on Jenner's flank? Probably. It's just not an ultra-smooth model to craft three lines with distinction and purpose.

If the expectation is that Laf will start on the 3rd line, then at that point I would forego re-signing Fast and let Chytil take the 3RW.

Laf - Jenner - Chytil. Defensive responsibility down the middle where it needs to be. Let the kids grow on the wings.

I think Chytil will evolve into an active two way player. He plays with high energy but needs more time to grow. Playing with responsible players like Jenner and Fast would be good for him

Kreider doesn't have to drop down to 3rd line LW. He could potentially move to RW. He's done it before. He can go to the front of the net and generate breakaways on stretch passes all the same, and probably gives himself a better angle coming down the right side as well.

If the expectation is that Laf will start on the 3rd line, then at that point I would forego re-signing Fast and let Chytil take the 3RW.

Laf - Jenner - Chytil. Defensive responsibility down the middle where it needs to be. Let the kids grow on the wings.

Yeah, that works for me. Can they get Jenner without giving up someone like Chytil or Kravtsov, though? Josh, I think, has it right in that Chytil clearly isn't a center (anymore), which pretty clearly makes he or Kravtsov expendable because they're competing for the same roster spot.

Yeah, that works for me. Can they get Jenner without giving up someone like Chytil or Kravtsov, though? Josh, I think, has it right in that Chytil clearly isn't a center (anymore), which pretty clearly makes he or Kravtsov expendable because they're competing for the same roster spot.

Moving one or two of Buchnevich, Strome, Chytil, Kravtsov feels inevitable. If you move Kreider to RW, presumably you have Kreider/Kakko as your top 2 RW. No room for Buch. Buch for Jenner?

Moving one or two of Buchnevich, Strome, Chytil, Kravtsov feels inevitable. If you move Kreider to RW, presumably you have Kreider/Kakko as your top 2 RW. No room for Buch. Buch for Jenner?

IIRC, they’ve previously tried Kreider on the RW and it didn’t work. He was t comfortable there and did not play well in that spot.

Don’t remember though when exactly they did that or for how long, but I remember they did and that it didn’t work

Couple of things. I’d be careful with the “holds zero weight” ideology since I suppose it’s just as much hyperbole to say

We are in a group regularly talking hockey well into August after months of no games. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has NHL packages, does fantasy hockey, pays attention and watches the rest of the league regularly, etc.

The second part is just that while Kreider was on page for around 55-60 points, he’s twice put up 50 points. It’s not as if his normal production is 30 and he’s on some giant bump. Kreider while streaky is pretty reliable to put up around the same amount of production. Agreed that it really comes down to who yoU prefer better but trading Kreider for RJ to me is lateral. By preferred position it makes sense but if all things considered equal, I’ll go for the guy that’s already produced on this team and regularly pots 25+ goals. I’d honestly rather keep Strome or go for a Cirelli or Kerfoot if we went another direction.

Based on age and stats, an argument that Kreider is a better player or on the right side of any curve holds no weight, which is why I said it comes down to who you prefer.

Buch isn't very controlled. The biggest issue Columbus has isn't getting talent, but keeping it. My guess is they'd be far more interested in players they have better control over. Kravtsov, Miller, Lundkvist, Barron, etc. Basically, anyone signed to an ELC, or up for their second contract without arbitration rights.

Buch isn't very controlled. The biggest issue Columbus has isn't getting talent, but keeping it. My guess is they'd be far more interested in players they have better control over. Kravtsov, Miller, Lundkvist, Barron, etc. Basically, anyone signed to an ELC, or up for their second contract without arbitration rights.

I don't see any of the first 3 on the table for a 3C. I guess we'll see how serious the Rangers are about getting "tough" to play against. It may potentially come in the form of a deal like this that might be tough to swallow.