• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Alexis Lafreniere is a New York Ranger!

Phil

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love these reactions. Because on every other thread, people put well thought out, considered responses to the topic (for the most part lol). we might not always agree but (at least in the Hockey sections) we tend to all make our points and stay level-headed.

In this thread it's a bunch of 'OH MY GOD HOLY FUCKING SHIT WE GOT THE FIRST OVERALL PICK THIS IS THE BEST THING THATS EVER HAPPENED OMGZ'

Triple B, I'm comparing winning the NHL lottery to getting laid for the first time!!!! ...god knows I can't remember what that's like, but winning the #1 pick sure feels pretty awesome!!! :rofl:

...Edit....and your post just is total WIN!!!

yeah very similar nights. got myself too excited from the start, ended with a woman rolling her eyes at me

It's all worth it BBB!!! I giggled myself to sleep 2 nights in a row....she thought I was juggling my cubes under the covers!!! :rofl:

It's all worth it BBB!!! I giggled myself to sleep 2 nights in a row....she thought I was juggling my cubes under the covers!!! :rofl:

LOL

I dont think I’ll ever be unhappy again. Maybe when I see Laf playing 4th line with Howden and Digiuseppe, but untill then Im smiling 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Triple B, I'm comparing winning the NHL lottery to getting laid for the first time!!!! ...god knows I can't remember what that's like, but winning the #1 pick sure feels pretty awesome!!! :rofl:

...Edit....and your post just is total WIN!!!

1965 was pre-universal draft. The only players available were those not on the protected lists of the junior teams sponsored by the six NHL teams. Most of the drafted players never made it to the NHL (like the Rangers No. 1 pick in 1965). The real draft started in 1969, and before last year, we had never picked higher than 4th.

In 1966, we got Brad Park because Toronto left him off the Marlboros list due to him being then undersized and an incident at a Marlboros' game where Brad's mother dissed Punch Implach's son, Brent. In a universal draft, Park would have been a 6th or 7th rounder. In a modern universal draft, the Rangers never would have picked Park. They would have had the No. 1 pick in 1966 as a result of having finished last in 65-66 and would have picked... Bobby Orr.

1965 was pre-universal draft. The only players available were those not on the protected lists of the junior teams sponsored by the six NHL teams. Most of the drafted players never made it to the NHL (like the Rangers No. 1 pick in 1965). The real draft started in 1969, and before last year, we had never picked higher than 4th.

In 1966, we got Brad Park because Toronto left him off the Marlboros list due to him being then undersized and an incident at a Marlboros' game where Brad's mother dissed Punch Implach's son, Brent. In a universal draft, Park would have been a 6th or 7th rounder. In a modern universal draft, the Rangers never would have picked Park. They would have had the No. 1 pick in 1966 as a result of having finished last in 65-66 and would have picked... Bobby Orr.

Oh, man! That's interesting stuff, though.

That's back when Montreal had 1st approval on every kid coming out of Quebec.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

When is the last time we has the first pick?1965?-2020=55 years

so it's rarer than a cup for us

Thats every 54 years

Its actually worse than that; the only time in NYR history they've picked 1st overall was in the first year they transitioned from 16 y/o draftees to 18 y/o draftees, meaning they got the best remaining player from the prior years' draft class.

That class was drafted from three times with no additions.

It's amazing that even after they started the true universal draft in 1969, they still gave Montreal, the defending Stanley Cup champions, the first overall pick so they could pick the top Quebec player. What a crime. What a rigged league (I could go on forever about how rigged the six team league that so many wax about was). Fortunately, Montreal's pick, Rejan Houle, didn't amount to much.