• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Breaking Down Kaapo Kakko’s Struggles This Season

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st 3 picks in the 2019 draft not really tearing it up, and Jack Hughes is playing 1st/2nd line minutes. RELAX!

Jack Hughes 58 GP, 7 G, 14 A, 21 Pts, +/- -24

Kaapo Kakko 62 GP, 8 G, 13 A, 21 Pts, +/- -26

Kirby Dach 61 GP, 8 G, 14 A, 22 Pts, +/- 0

I'm with you on this Blue Heaven

Well, I couldn't tell if he intended to do it, or it was just a really terrible shot. lol

It was going wide-short side but Samsonov kicked it anyway, and he got a great carom to the hottest player in the league.

In reality, that's a bad shot from a low percentage area that didn't need to be taken, but if you really want to, aim far side pads, kid.

Well, I couldn't tell if he intended to do it, or it was just a really terrible shot. lol

Neither. His intent was definitely to score. It was a good, hard shot on goal that Samsonov got a piece, but he didn't get a lot of it which is why it deflected and hit the boards so hard to come back out front.

You know the hate on this kid has run deep when he puts together a shift like that and still gets blasted one way or another.

Neither. His intent was definitely to score. It was a good, hard shot on goal that Samsonov got a piece, but he didn't get a lot of it which is why it deflected and hit the boards so hard to come back out front.

You know the hate on this kid has run deep when he puts together a shift like that and still gets blasted one way or another.

Indeed. It's still been a disapointing year, though, in his performance and just how he's been handled. I'm not saying he's ruined or anointing him a bust, it's just frustrating.

Not sure that hate is accurate.

More like disappointment. Not just in his play, but in the way the team has handled him when he's clearly struggling and unhappy.

His body language definitely looks terrible most of the time. It's pretty clear he's just not having fun, and it looks like he hates playing hockey. lol

Not sure that hate is accurate.

More like disappointment. Not just in his play, but in the way the team has handled him when he's clearly struggling and unhappy.

On a team that has also fielded Howden, Smith, McKegg, and Haley at forward throughout the season, I have a hard time faulting the organization for keeping him here or thinking it's been mishandled.

I also don't believe he'd be happier in Hartford, despite his frustrated body language. And I also don't really agree he is struggling as much the last few weeks as people around here are going on about.

We're all disappointed he hasn't been an instant franchise player when we thought maybe that's what we were getting, but clearly we are seeing different things when it comes to recognizing the things he's done right. I don't think I've seen you have one positive thing to say about anything he's done.

On a team that has also fielded Howden, Smith, McKegg, and Haley at forward throughout the season, I have a hard time faulting the organization for keeping him here or thinking it's been mishandled.
This has nothing to do with Kakko and his development.

I also don't believe he'd be happier in Hartford, despite his frustrated body language. And I also don't really agree he is struggling as much the last few weeks as people around here are going on about.
Well, we'll never know. That said, when we know that he puts a certain amount of pressure on himself to produce, putting him in a position to have success would probably be the way to go. They tried, here, and he didn't find much succeess.

We're all disappointed he hasn't been an instant franchise player when we thought maybe that's what we were getting, but clearly we are seeing different things when it comes to recognizing the things he's done right.
There haven't really been many, that could be why.

I don't think I've seen you have one positive thing to say about anything he's done.
That's irrelevant to the conversation about Kakko. Focus on the player, not on me.

Using +/- when Georgiev was trash for the most part last night isn't a particularly fair assessment. Zibanejad scored 5 goals and was a 0. Lol.

Yes. The body language is beyond horrible, but he has been creating and generating more and more chances. He is on the verge of producing more. Let's see how he does down the stretch.

Maybe tell that to DQ he was the one pulling him off every defensive zone face off down the stretch. Kakko does get full credit for missing the net so Zib could hammer it in from the opposite side.

The progress some speak about has him elevated to the 4th line today in practice. But yeah things are looking up.