• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade F Mats Zuccarello to DAL for Two Conditional Draft Picks

Phil

Bob McKenzie

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Zuccarello off to DAL, pending trade call, in exchange for 2nd round pick in 2019 and third round pick in 2020. The 2nd rounder becomes a first if DAL wins two playoff rounds. The 3rd becomes a first if DAL re-signs Zuccarello.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The conditional picks were the most interesting aspect of the deal for me.

1. Root for Dallas to get to the Western conference finals with Zucc playing at least half games, turn 2019 into a first round pick.

2. The 2020 conditional pick encourages Rangers to let Dallas have first shot at signing Zucc to LTD. If Dallas can't sign Zucc, then he's on the market.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Twitter is wild right now with Ranger fans telling Dallas fans to take good care of Zuc. What a bunch of fuckin losers.

It’s not even that. He’s a fuckin hockey player that got traded. No one died here. Grown men falling in love with athletes to a ridiculous extreme is fuckin laughable. There’s nothing wrong with liking or disliking your guys, but come on now.

Right... so for me it's going to suck the first time seeing Zucc in a Dallas uniform on the highlight reel. Then I'm going to realize that the better he plays, the better the chance he helps Dallas advance deep in the playoffs, which helps the Rangers.

Still, NHL Totals 509 regular season games played, 113 goals, 239 assists, 352 points, 215 PIM

60 playoff games played 11 goals 20 assists 31 points 46 PIM

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/viewastext.php?f5c706a9=17720671&pid=117131

over 9 years with the Rangers... lots of big plays over the years. So this is going to impact fans a lot more than Peter Holland-Darren Raddysh trade.

Best of luck to Zucc. Rooting for Dallas this year and will be happy if he signs in Dallas or comes back over the summer.

Either way, we continue down this path of rebuilding and I hope at some point we can grab true #1 players for the offense and defense. Picks are good but it's a crapshoot if any become impact players. Kind of thought we would be targeting proven prospects closer to NHL level since we have had so many picks over the past couple of years. Stay the course for another 5+years of cup contention down the line. Here's to hoping....:cheers:

Right... so for me it's going to suck the first time seeing Zucc in a Dallas uniform on the highlight reel. Then I'm going to realize that the better he plays, the better the chance he helps Dallas advance deep in the playoffs, which helps the Rangers.

Still, NHL Totals 509 regular season games played, 113 goals, 239 assists, 352 points, 215 PIM

60 playoff games played 11 goals 20 assists 31 points 46 PIM

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/viewastext.php?f5c706a9=17720671&pid=117131

over 9 years with the Rangers... lots of big plays over the years. So this is going to impact fans a lot more than Peter Holland-Darren Raddysh trade.

It should have little impact on grown adults. Thanks for the memories. Drop the puck.

Best of luck to Zucc. Rooting for Dallas this year and will be happy if he signs in Dallas or comes back over the summer.

Either way, we continue down this path of rebuilding and I hope at some point we can grab true #1 players for the offense and defense. Picks are good but it's a crapshoot if any become impact players. Kind of thought we would be targeting proven prospects closer to NHL level since we have had so many picks over the past couple of years. Stay the course for another 5+years of cup contention down the line. Here's to hoping....:cheers:

To be fair, the type of prospect you could expect for a guy like Zucc is every bit as much a crapshoot as the draft. Might as well draft a guy we like rather than take someone else’s B prospect.

The conditional picks were the most interesting aspect of the deal for me.

1. Root for Dallas to get to the Western Conference finals with Zucc playing at least half games, turn 2019 into a first-round pick.

2. The 2020 conditional pick encourages Rangers to let Dallas have first shot at signing Zucc to LTD. If Dallas can't sign Zucc, then he's on the market.

The problem is that we gave ourselves no incentives to sign Zucc as he becomes a UFA at the end of the year and we gave the incentive to Dallas. My guess is that Gorton didn't want him back because it wasn't one of 'His Guys' and both draft picks will never have the same leadership qualities as him.

Zucc was very well-liked in the locker room and he is a leader of men. And you destroy that chemistry between the team, especially the first line where you have Zibby having a career year and Kreider is Kreider.

The problem is that we gave ourselves no incentives to sign Zucc as he becomes a UFA at the end of the year and we gave the incentive to Dallas. My guess is that Gorton didn't want him back because it wasn't one of 'His Guys' and both draft picks will never have the same leadership qualities as him.

Zucc was very well-liked in the locker room and he is a leader of men. And you destroy that chemistry between the team, especially the first line where you have Zibby having a career year and Kreider is Kreider.

What does that mean? Why does it matter?

Another in a LONGGGGGG series of questionable decisions made by this front office. Best all around player on the team, immho, and as the little guy, played bigger than most of the big guys. Makes sense to get rid of the de-facto locker room leader and a cog on the #1 line, for a crap shoot chance at some supposed hot shot prospect. Should have been the captain of this sinking ship after #27 was given away. The best in Dallas and hopefully a long play-off run; you deserve it Zucccccccc!!

GO RANGERS!!

As well liked a Ranger that has ever come through here. I'll miss him for sure, but at the end of the day, glad to see the Rangers are staying the course.

They just need to start hitting on some of these second rounders.

Sure, but it’s like shooting dice with the lights off

Need to remember that they might not be using the 2nd rounders to draft players. Last year they used one to move up 4 spots in the 1st round to lock in Miller. I'd like to think they may do the same this year, assuming they get a late 1st for Hayes to work with, or if TB wins the Cup. Flexibility to improve that pick's position is huge when you've got your focus locked in on a player.

Need to remember that they might not be using the 2nd rounders to draft players. Last year they used one to move up 4 spots in the 1st round to lock in Miller. I'd like to think they may do the same this year, assuming they get a late 1st for Hayes to work with, or if TB wins the Cup. Flexibility to improve that pick's position is huge when you've got your focus locked in on a player.

This, gives them flexibility

Also, there's hope with the Stars here. They have offensive talent, and they are 3rd in the league in GA. They are playing great defensive hockey with high end talent that can strike at any time. Those are the kinds of teams that can make a playoff series close against a higher seed. Winning 2 rounds is not out of the question, especially with Zucc added for secondary offense, and they may not be done improving by trade yet.

Should’ve been traded at last year’s trade deadline to maximize the return on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I do wonder what the offers looked like for him, if they even entertained any. If they didn't entertain any then it was a mistake. If they did and they got offers like this one, I can see why maybe they would wait since they already had a bunch of picks for the 2018 draft....and thinking the offers might improve over time. It seems they took the best deal they could get for him though.

Not a bad return.

An excellent return if he signs with Dallas. You have to assume that?s on the table considering it?s part of the deal.

The other side of that is Dallas agreed to that clause knowing full well they have no intention of resigning him.

We gave the incentive to Dallas? So Dallas wants to lose a 1st round pick for signing him?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived