• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade F Mats Zuccarello to DAL for Two Conditional Draft Picks

Phil

That and they could always trade Zuccs rights for 3rd Rd pick giving the receiving team a window to try and sign him thereby circumventing the original deal they made with us. ( Hey, never know?Buffalo traded a 3rd pick to Nashville for Vesey?s right a couple of years ago)

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already a goal and an assist.

Nice to see Lundqvist and Zibenajad had nothing but good things to say about Zuccs, with Lundqvist even crying. Quinn just came off as a straight up Dick when asked about Zuccs but I can honestly say I?m not surprised coming from him.

Nice to see Lundqvist and Zibenajad had nothing but good things to say about Zuccs, with Lundqvist even crying. Quinn just came off as a straight up Dick when asked about Zuccs but I can honestly say I’m not surprised coming from him.

In Quinn's defense, his only experience with Zucc has been him spending time not playing because of injury, or playing shitty with a broken heart. I don't expect him to really comment on a guy he spent 40 games or so with.

Nice to see Lundqvist and Zibenajad had nothing but good things to say about Zuccs, with Lundqvist even crying. Quinn just came off as a straight up Dick when asked about Zuccs but I can honestly say I’m not surprised coming from him.

Why would Quinn be emotional? Hank has a reason, played with him for 9 years and they were close. Zibs was his liney.

In Quinn's defense, his only experience with Zucc has been him spending time not playing because of injury, or playing shitty with a broken heart. I don't expect him to really comment on a guy he spent 40 games or so with.

Yeah, this. Fans are idiots. It’s more embarrassing than embracing the fun in Carolina.

Glad we didn?t take back salary.!!

The Rangers retained approximately 30 percent of Zuccarello?s prorated $4.5 million annual salary-cap hit, helping the Stars get under their salary-cap crunch as they hold on to hope while battling for a wild-card spot.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/23/rangers-trade-mats-zuccarello-to-dallas-for-two-draft-picks/

I rarely post here anymore but what's up guys. This trade sort of confuses me a lot. He had to go. They were never bringing him back in the off season anyway. Two things other me though.

The first is that they waited til this year to do so. Last deadline probably yields a bit more of a return.

The second is this idea of getting a 1st if they resign him. Why would they resign him then? If they went all the way, they are losing one first already and achieved the ultimate goal. I doubt they bring him back then. If they get bounced in the first round, I'd assume they see Zucc as being nice but not effective enough to bring back. If they go for but lose they already give up one 1st rounder so I highly doubt they bring him back and give up 2 years of 1st rounders.

They couldn't get a actual mid level prospect with one conditional pick? While there is a possibility to get something out of the inevitable 3rd round pick, I'd rather have had the chance at a prospect that might have a bit more upside. Just my opinion.

I rarely post here anymore but what's up guys. This trade sort of confuses me a lot. He had to go. They were never bringing him back in the off season anyway. Two things other me though.

The first is that they waited til this year to do so. Last deadline probably yields a bit more of a return.

The second is this idea of getting a 1st if they resign him. Why would they resign him then? If they went all the way, they are losing one first already and achieved the ultimate goal. I doubt they bring him back then. If they get bounced in the first round, I'd assume they see Zucc as being nice but not effective enough to bring back. If they go for but lose they already give up one 1st rounder so I highly doubt they bring him back and give up 2 years of 1st rounders.

They couldn't get a actual mid level prospect with one conditional pick? While there is a possibility to get something out of the inevitable 3rd round pick, I'd rather have had the chance at a prospect that might have a bit more upside. Just my opinion.

You're assuming this was available. Rangers took the best option available to them. All along people have been saying Zucc would get a 2nd. Not only did they get a second but also a 3rd and the possibly of a 1st. It's not a bad return for someone that frankly wasn't good for a majority of the season.

KEEEEEEEEIIIIIIITH

You're assuming this was available. Rangers took the best option available to them. All along people have been saying Zucc would get a 2nd. Not only did they get a second but also a 3rd and the possibly of a 1st. It's not a bad return for someone that frankly wasn't good for a majority of the season.

Well, im under the assumption there would be some player or better option at some point from last year until now, yes. I just have a hard time figuring the best option was a series of conditional picks we most likely will never see blossom into anything significant. Everyone, including the entire NHL, knew that this team would sell from the second this organization put that assinine letter out last year announcing it. How is that good business and getting the "best" option for this organization? In my opinion it just let the entire NHL know to let the vultures go after the prey and i think the return they got for Zucc shows it. Just my opinion.

Archived