• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#5) Rangers vs. Edmonton Oilers // It's an Oily Game

Morphinity 2.0

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zibanejad is not Ovechkin so stop with that shot on the left side and always on the ice. Until he puts that shot over the goalie's shoulder every netminder has him pegged.

Set Kreider up on that shot and let Zuccs wreck havoc in front of the net. Terrible game planning

We have the players that we need. But Quinn has shown himself to be an amateur coach who has not emphasized the talent we have by not setting up a game plan for success. Which is why I thought we needed to get a professional coach,

About all Quinn can do is attempt to maintain a work ethic and continued development of young players.

This roster is trash

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I did notice Vesey picked up the really shitty habit from his bro kevin, of the useless backhand flip pass. I have yet to see that pass ever work or have a positive impact on a play. Had to rant because I hate it. Hayes started doing it after his da beauty league last year.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

We have the players that we need. But Quinn has shown himself to be an amateur coach who has not emphasized the talent we have by not setting up a game plan for success. Which is why I thought we needed to get a professional coach,

Nope.

This roster is littered which mediocre at best players. I do agree the jury is still out on the coach and will be for quite some time. He's playing with the same roster AV had.

I love to see management's laziness exposed. Not fair to us as a fanbase. Really? We just handed them the game with four bone-headed penalties which led to a McJesus goal. You lost to EDM which is one of the worst teams in the league! I did not agree with this hire! What a Disgrace!

Troll level 1000.

wow, i'm saying this in a friendly way so try not to take offense, but some of you are a bit insufferable on these game threads. What are you expecting? I thought it was a fairly well-played game and another fun 1 goal loss.

I'm not one to blame the refs, but you could make a case for the refs making a few key bad calls and no calls. You guys wanted effort and we are getting it. Wanted a system with improved defensive play that adjusts to a fast attack. This was the best demonstation of that. There were a couple of posts by Mika and a good showing for the top line. Disciplined and not too many mistakes. Hank was very good again. The kids are showing real promise and a number of our vets, many still pretty young, are showing something.

Another way to put it is we should expect effort and a lot of losses, especially early on. A young team with new players being shuffled and evaluated, while they learn a new system, style and coach.

The assumption should be that we'd start with a crawl and hopefully show improvement over the year. We hope to get better defensively, build some chemistry, maybe an identity, and allow/help young guys get better and demonstrate their best talents. I assume they are not going to really learn how to win till next year.

I'll add, we also hope some things take shape and we are able to make a couple of good moves by the deadline.

5 games in and the "Fire Quinn" mantra starts...attaboy!

wow, i'm saying this in a friendly way so try not to take offense, but some of you are a bit insufferable on these game threads. What are you expecting? I thought it was a fairly well-played game and another fun 1 goal loss.

I'm not one to blame the refs, but you could make a case for the refs making a few key bad calls and no calls. You guys wanted effort and we are getting it. Wanted a system with improved defensive play that adjusts to a fast attack. This was the best demonstation of that. There were a couple of posts by Mika and a good showing for the top line. Disciplined and not too many mistakes. Hank was very good again. The kids are showing real promise and a number of our vets, many still pretty young, are showing something.

Vocal minority has no idea what’s going on this season.

Bingo! A lot of positives today for this team...and actually this is what you really want this year. Signs of competitiveness, growth from the young players, getting put in a good position for the draft, and not being good enough to second guess selling off at the deadline for more assets.

I have zero issue with Quinn or the team. The refs were disgusting today and have been thus far this season. I expect and to a certain degree am ok with losing. The roster sucks but improvements by the right guys is all that should be hoped for.

The only thing I disagree with is when this gets turned around. Five years is likely not next year or even three

Agreed, but that bad call turned the momentum of the game. Nothing to do about it though, on to the next one!

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

My 2 cents. 1-4. We have lost 2 games in the 3rd period due to penalties being called seconds after we should be on our own PP. IMO our best period his season was the 1st today. We aren't getting the calls but they will come. Hank has been a beast, the rookies have been great (though Chytll's lack of ice time seems to be hindering his play IMO), we just need some of the vets i.e. Hayes, Shattenkirk et al to turn up and we'll be ok. Are we going to make the playoffs, no. But we are turning up and playing the right way. The nice thing today is we are correcting previous mistakes, and learning. Little if any odd many rushes today, Shattenkirk was 'better', just not our day thanks to some sub par refereeing, which you will get over 82 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Completely agree. I'll say it in a not friendly way... This is a joke. Calm the fuck down. They're a young team with a new coach. If you've got an issue, it's on you and temper your expectations.

Archived